Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot October-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot October-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot October-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday October 1, 2020 6:14 AM
Fall maintenance reporting has been a grind this year like no other. I should be over the hump in couple weeks. Thinking of playing out in Vegas this month, getting in a GK Guru round or two as well as getting in a GK Cup match.

Looking forward to all your posts! - Thanks!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #96478
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot October-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday October 5, 2020 7:15 AM
88 at Costa Mesa CC (Los Lagos) One really bad 3 putt from 8 feet and a bad triple bogey on 10. No birdies for only the 5th time this year in 48 rounds. Oh well at least I have Royal Links to look forward to next weekend.
 Message #96506 - This was a reply to message #96478
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday October 5, 2020 9:18 AM
Saturday- 89 at Muroc Lake. The usual draw from my drive transformed to straight, to fade, to slice. It wasn't fun finding many bushes and penalties after another...

Sunday- 89 at Olivas Links. More of the same drives going to the right in the front nine. I was baffled till we got to #7 when I heard a rattle on my driver. A little wrench saved my score 49/40. I guess if you don't already do it, it's good to tighten up those screws before each round. I have one in the bag, but I have not been using it. This exact same thing happened to my hybrid in a Las Vegas weekend outing.
JVGA
 Message #96507 - This was a reply to message #96506
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday October 6, 2020 7:27 AM
QUOTED  No birdies for only the 5th time this year in 48 rounds

Only 5 rounds without a birdie?! That's seriously impressive. I'm one birdie short of having exactly one birdie for every two rounds played. A four birdie day has now put me on the plus side of one birdie every other round! I'm three short of last years total so I would think that number will fall by the end of the year.

[[Edited by Alex326 on Wednesday October 7, 2020 6:17 PM]]
 Message #96516 - This was a reply to message #96506
ashtonstine

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Wednesday October 7, 2020 1:02 PM
Shot a 78 at Spring Valley Lake CC on 10/3. It was somewhat of an old stomping grounds as I was growing up, and parents are still members so we play when I go up and visit. Not terribly long, but very punishing if you are not accurate (which I tend not to be). However on that day, I was hitting things mostly straight, and when I missed I wasn't far enough off the fairway to be under trees.

But the putter was what made the round. 10 putts on the front, 16 on the back.
 Message #96532 - This was a reply to message #96478
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Sunday October 11, 2020 5:21 PM
For the first time since June (21 rounds) I shot over 90 ! I was having a tough time with pain management in my shoulder and my play on the front nine showed it. 49 on the front and 44 on the back with one birdie on 18. I probably could’ve shot around an 85 but I messed up at least 6 chips near the green. As most of you know my scramble game is decent especially around the green so that was bad.
 Message #96603 - This was a reply to message #96478
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday October 12, 2020 9:32 AM
Wow Matt, that sounds like my round yesterday.
I'm slowly healing from my right shoulder pain (an injury in the early 80s that I never addressed) still tender.
I walked yesterday and carried 13 clubs and a water bottle.
Birdie on a par 5, 3rd hole that never saw a fairway- and that was it.
Shot 90!!!! (fist pump!)
JVGA
 Message #96609 - This was a reply to message #96603
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday October 12, 2020 12:05 PM
QUOTED  For the first time since June (21 rounds) I shot over 90

QUOTED  Wow Matt, that sounds like my round yesterday

Ditto and ditto. Except my sub 90 rounds ended at 18 rounds and started in July or August. Likewise, I had the one bright spot of a birdie on number 8 at Spanish Bay with a tee shot that landed 4" from the tucked back left pin and stopped less than 2' from the cup. Just a bad day with all clubs and I can't blame it on the injury as I'm pretty much completely healed from that.
 Message #96610 - This was a reply to message #96603
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Monday October 12, 2020 7:58 PM
Out with GK Gurus at Tierra Rejada today. Good times!

Had my best day off the tee in years. Bombing drives, hitting fairways, wow I was impressive! - I think you know where this is going... totally collapse on my approach shots. Iron game non-existent. Pitching and Putting was laughable. I managed to shot 90. It was one of those unbelievably frustrating rounds in that I'm in great position to score and then debacle after debacle. But after the round I still was happy because man does it feel great to blast drives like that all day long.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #96619 - This was a reply to message #96478
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Sunday October 18, 2020 8:46 PM
After a absolutely horrible ending to September (swing wise), with triple digits numbers during the Pisarski "Family" trip, I took a couple of weeks off to hope "muscle memory" had forgotten those swings.

Saturday 10/10: Played Royal Links with Matt, John, and John's dad. Driver started coming around, the 3 wood failed me off the tee, irons were suspect, and the putter didn't show. Another triple digit score but who isn't having fun with this group?

Sunday 10/11: Played an 8 club challenge with the Vegas Golf Network at Wildhorse, from the 5500 yard tees, and everyone was walking. Great fun. Tried to pull off some lower runners, including a par 3 tee shot from 105 yards that was about 20 feet away. Finished 8th out of 12 (net), but got off to my normal 4 hole slow start with 3 early penalties. Went 3wood, 4hybird, 6i, 8i, 9i, PW, SW and putter.

Monday 10/12: took advantage of a day off to get back to the home course of Angel Park Mountain. Driver started coming back (7/14 fairways), eh on the irons (only 1 GIR), putter was eh, but a day on the links, solo and just lost in the greens. 48-47: 95

Friday 10/16: Apparently I only play Siena every 2 years, the last during a bachelor party weekend 36 with Arroyo and the time before was Father's Day 2016. My memories of the course was not good but this round kind of changed it. Played the blues (6150, 68.8/125). Typical slow start. Driver came back into good graces (8/14), happy with the irons, putting was still a downfall. 0 for 5 on birdie chances. Happy shot of the day for me was on 17, par 3, playing about 105 yards. I can't hit a full wedge shot to save my life right now. Took a 9 iron and hit a half swing that check and left about a 10 footer, missed it, but it felt great. 49-42: 91.

Looking forward to another round with Matt, John_A, and Famed02 at Royal Links this weekend.
 Message #96663 - This was a reply to message #96619

Listing 1 to 10 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]