Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot November-2020 (GK Cyber Clubho...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot November-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 16 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot November-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday November 1, 2020 6:51 AM
Can't wait to tee it up this month. GK Plays on 11/8 and then a GK Guru/GK Cup round on 11/9 in San Diego. Always looking to line up GK Guru rounds that I can double as GK Cup matches. Or simply GK Guru rounds.

Lets have a great month on the links!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #96794
Alex326
RE: What d'you shoot November-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Sunday November 1, 2020 7:34 PM
87 at Spanish Bay to start the month off. One birdie and only lost one ball for the day. No triples but had a couple double bogeys including the dreaded hole 7 which gets me every time. Most clubs were working decent except the putter. Missed way too many putts in the 7-10 foot range.

[[Edited by Alex326 on Monday November 2, 2020 6:10 AM]]
 Message #96802 - This was a reply to message #96794
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday November 9, 2020 7:58 AM
88 at Barona in the wind and rain. Three OB tee shots but the rest were lasers down the middle averaging 260 yards. Iron play was very strong and putting was good other than a 3 putt from 2 feet on the lightning fast greens.

Oh and no birdies

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Monday November 9, 2020 8:01 AM]]
 Message #96882 - This was a reply to message #96794
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday November 9, 2020 12:49 PM
Saturday at Lexington course at the Revere was cold and windy!
43/38 one birdie in front two in the back.
JVGA
 Message #96885 - This was a reply to message #96882
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Tuesday November 10, 2020 9:32 AM
Sunk by another tragic finish yesterday at Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert. Was finding fairways at a solid clip and that translated into a very nice 41 on the front with five pars, and kept the solid play up with nice tee shots, acceptable approaches and good putting to reach the par 5 16th hole at 5-over on the back, but after a great drive and layup to 100 yards, the wheels came off. Absolutely chunked twice before reaching the green, then 3-putt for an 8. On the par 3 17th hole, pushed my gap wedge right into the water, then got lucky on the re-tee to hit a rock and bounce onto the green, where I then drained a long putt for the bogey. But on 18, pulled my drive left into the creek, dropped, hit a nice layup and then must have misread my laser because I flew my approach over the hill behind the green and OB. End result? Another 8 on 18 that dropped me down to a 90 (adj 89) for the day. What a disappointment after 15 really solid holes.
 Message #96892 - This was a reply to message #96885
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Friday November 13, 2020 1:56 AM
Balboa Park, had to birdie 16, 17 and par 18 to go 51-41= 92, ouch!
 Message #96931 - This was a reply to message #96794
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Friday November 13, 2020 5:58 AM
Got out on Veterans day for a round at Ashwood in Apple Valley. Played solid golf. Hit most of the fairways and many greens but the par 3's messed me up until a great tee shot on 17 (#8 on Sycamore) over the water and 5 feet from the hole. Missed the putt of course but the only par 3 I made par. Felt good to be hitting shots straight though short most of the day. My neck has finally healed up so no snap crackle pot on every swing. Greens were a bit slow so I left 3 or 4 putt a bit short but right on line.
Now that I have a GHIN I got to enter a round for the first time. Was shocked to see my index at 22. Have others found this same thing. On scoretracker I was a 15. Hope to work on that next year and bring it down but I have never been over 20 since keeping an index. Course is in good shape except for the sand and though slow the greens rolled smooth.
 Message #96932 - This was a reply to message #96931
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Monday November 16, 2020 7:52 AM
I played Monarch Beach last Thursday morning and shot 87. Lots of pars for me, but I did have two or three blow up holes. What comes to mind is I skulled one over a green for a lost ball and messed up a short par three by going bunker to bunker and three putting.

Overall, I was pretty happy about all the pars I made and mostly solid putting. A birdie would have been nice, though.
 Message #96960 - This was a reply to message #96794
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday November 16, 2020 1:57 PM
QUOTED  [Posted By kviser on 11.16.2020 7:52 AM]

I played Monarch Beach last Thursday morning and shot 87. Lots of pars for me, but I did have two or three blow up holes. What comes to mind is I skulled one over a green for a lost ball and messed up a short par three by going bunker to bunker and three putting.

Overall, I was pretty happy about all the pars I made and mostly solid putting. A birdie would have been nice, though.

Nice round, and that's a very pretty course in pictures! Good round.

I was also birdie free at a local round at Muroc (Edwards AF Base). 41/40
JVGA
 Message #96969 - This was a reply to message #96960
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday November 16, 2020 2:03 PM
Played in a charity scramble at Cowboys Golf Club in Texas yesterday and we shot -20 under (just like DJ) But we lost by one d%mn stroke. We pared the par 3 17th and that cost us a all-expense paid trip to innisbrook golf club florida. I did however win the long drive and new driver over current world champ Kyle Berkshire who missed the fairway. However we witnessed him hit a 430+ yard drive on the other LD hole so that was amazing.
 Message #96970 - This was a reply to message #96969

Listing 1 to 10 of 16 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]