Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot January-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot January-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 9 of 9 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot January-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday January 1, 2021 11:03 AM
Beautiful weekend to kick off 2021!

Hope it's an amazing year for everyone.

Looking forward to reading about your rounds this month and throughout 2021.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Friday January 1, 2021 11:04 AM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #97430
Deepsea14
RE: What d'you shoot January-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday January 4, 2021 8:05 AM
As Michael Lee Aday sang; "two out of three ain't bad" albeit a different subject.

Two rounds in three days of 2021 taking rainy day today off still .500 average. (two rounds / four days of the year)

More important my birdie average is .500 (two rounds one bird)

Happy New Year Gkers
 Message #97458 - This was a reply to message #97430
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday January 5, 2021 9:55 AM
I was tempted t open another thread about perspective, but I see no point when it's all about a couple rounds. It's unexplainable how golf is at times- for me, anyway. I had two rounds, on the 1st and 2nd, January 2021.
First, we played Rancho Vista, 70.1/124 6,279. We all did not play well. I shot 87.
Second, we played Industry Hills, 73.1/135 6,818. We all played better and I shot 81.
No, not complaining, but like many, I just don't know what kind of day it will be.
JVGA
 Message #97482 - This was a reply to message #97430
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Thursday January 7, 2021 1:50 PM
So my last game of 2020 was at Tukwet Champions. I only make 3 FIR's and shoot a ghin corrected 38 over! Ouch. Hopefully, during that round, my fellow GKer's didn't hear me often utter, "Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga!"
My golfing family members hear about this on new years, and convince me to play a recovery round on Jan 2nd. They can only find an opening at Cherry Hills...Cherry Hills(smoked trout)... ;-( I've never played there, but I can read. Instead of passing up the offer, my inner masochist agrees to play! Why did I do that?
So, I prep myself to 'whup out' whatever inner goat and dawg enclave kung fu that I have...and try to avoid another self thrashing. Well, it worked. We finished 18 and I barely missed 3 of the 14 fairways. Cherry hills is a great motivating layout to find fairways. I even feel good about ending up with 33 putts and shooting 25 over as a recovery round to Tukwet. 2021 golf is startng better for me, and there is always some partial consciousness to be found....ouuuummmm...
 Message #97508 - This was a reply to message #97482
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday January 7, 2021 5:17 PM
QUOTED  We all did not play well. I shot 87.

QUOTED  We all played better and I shot 81.

It happens to the best of the best as well. Look at DJ. shot two rounds in the 80's then a 78. After that he comes back and goes on a run including winning the Masters in record fashion.

It happens.

[[Edited by Alex326 on Thursday January 7, 2021 5:19 PM]]
 Message #97512 - This was a reply to message #97482
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Thursday January 7, 2021 7:38 PM
Usually play the front and back about the same @ Morro Bay.

Hit the ball better than average but chipped and putted below average on the front in calm conditions. Shot 39. Then, the wind started right after I hit a nice tee shot on 10, blowing pretty good.

Hit the ball about average but chipped and putted below average on the back in windy conditions. Shot 51. Did not feel like I played even close to 12 strokes worse, but that is what the scorecard reads.

Here I am playing well in calm conditions thinking I have a legitimate chance to break 80 and after the wind increased by about 15-18 mph, did not break 90.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #97514 - This was a reply to message #97512
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Thursday January 14, 2021 9:04 AM
First round of the year didn't start so well on Sunday. I started the round 7+7 to be 5 over through 2 holes. Both holes had lost golf balls on iron shots which normally means I sliced or hooked but both were dead straight just not perfectly on line so I hit it well but aimed wrong. The front nine was bumpy to say the lease and I ended up shooting 48. The back nine was better as I got into a groove with my irons but started to lose the driver and shot 43 for a 91. I still had a blast and the shoulder was only a little sore throughout the round. Next attempt will be Sunday at Pechanga.
 Message #97590 - This was a reply to message #97514
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday January 14, 2021 1:04 PM
@Alex326 Thanks man.

==========================

Without much planning, last Friday, my son and I decided we'd look to see if we could go out Saturday. As someone must have cancelled on players course in milesquare, we got a time for mid-late morning. First time there for both of us. Son just recovered from covid but it's been three weeks since he tested negative. I was disorganized much like him as I stayed the night before at his place. Got to the course less than half an hour before tee time but leaving only less than five minutes when we got to the tee. Needless to say no warm ups. So as expected, we were a basket cases in two separate carts. LOL
After the 9th hole, we laughed and said, "we came here for this?" LOL
But things came around the back nine- as we both could only do better after that front and did much better at the back.
Redemption, I think - 48/37.
JVGA
 Message #97593 - This was a reply to message #97512
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday January 18, 2021 6:34 AM
43-42 at Journey at Pechanga yesterday. I made birdies on 1 and 10 and had 4 double bogeys a handful of regular bogeys and a bunch of pars. I lost two golf balls on the day both on par threes. One in the creek on 15 and one in the ravine on 17 (my nemesis hole) Overall driver was working great and irons were working well. Putting was a little rough at times including a 3 putt par from 15 feet on 16.

Shot of the day belonged to Blakej824 on hole 10. It was playing 275 yards and he hit his drive to about 4 feet and made and easy eagle to go with his 4 other birdies on the day it was the worst 75 you could ever see .
 Message #97634 - This was a reply to message #97430

Listing 1 to 9 of 9 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]