Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot August-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot August-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 9 of 9 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot August-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday August 1, 2021 10:43 AM
Should be getting in a bunch of rounds this Month with already 3 schedule GK Guru rounds. Looking to schedule a GK Guru round at Morgan Run as a preview for the Golf Moose/GK outing there on September 20th. Also looking to do a GK Guru round at Sterling Hills and/or Buenaventura. Hoping to double those rounds up as much as possible as GK Cup 17 rounds for players that need matches in this final month of semi-final qualifying.

Looking forward to reading about everyone rounds!

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Sunday August 1, 2021 11:04 AM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #99567
roarksown1
RE: What d'you shoot August-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday August 2, 2021 10:55 AM
Started the month of August with an interesting round at La Mirada yesterday. Struggled with the slow greens and a late swing early, trading bogeys and doubles until the first par on the par 3 5th (a sandy at that). Ran off two more pars before a disaster triple on the 8th hole, then another bogey on 9 to finish out the front with a 10-over 45.

But in what's turned into a fairly regular occurrence, I cleaned things up quite well on the back nine and the same happened here. Got a nice par on the 10th hole, then went bogey and double before finishing off the last six holes at even par. I just missed a putt on 13 to salvage par, then made three straight pars (including a disappointing one on the wacky par 5 16th where I was five feet off the green in two) before a nice birdie on 17 and another par to finish on 18.

Shot a 3-over 38 on the back nine and to finish with a 45-38 83 for the day. A poor start once again costs me another sub-80 round, but after a little two-week break after a long backpacking trip, going 85 and 83 isn't making me too upset.
 Message #99579 - This was a reply to message #99567
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Saturday August 7, 2021 7:05 AM
It's been a slow summer for golf so far! Been playing a modified scramble a couple Mondays each month with a rare round at Bear Mtn but have not played a full 18 in quite a while! Got out to Morongo yesterday on the legends course and had a good hole, bad hole, great hole ,terrible hole kind of day! Started with a bogey then hacked my way to a double then a bogey and then magic happened. On the short par 3 hitting over the canyon I hit my shot and said as soon as I hit it "That's right at it!" It was a towering shot that landed just right of the hole bounced forward a couple feet and then backed up and in! My first hole in one! We were so shocked it took a second to fully realize what happened! Unfortunately I had to finish the round! I did manage 2 pars on the front and shot 43 on the front. The back was one disaster after another. 2 bogies the rest doubles with one triple for a 52! Even a 95 couldn't ruin the hole in one but it sure took the luster off it! I sure hope I can get in a few more full rounds before the year ends!
 Message #99653 - This was a reply to message #99579
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday August 7, 2021 4:55 PM
Well finally got to play after more than a month off after my back going out on me at Balboa park just after putting my ball on a tee, didn’t even hit a shot. Played San Vicente with the GK gurus, I really made an effort to play as I haven’t seen most of them in quite some time. I was happy to just finish relatively pain free, sort of. The back and associated muscles are still stiff and tight. I started off ok getting to the 8th only 5 over them I just stopped being able to make any kind of smooth transition. The back is ok, yoga, deep tissue massage, some cupping and some time in the infrared sauna have me moving around and able to work, but golf is a major undertaking at this point. 40 years of rebar (one bad back injury), a lifetime of always playing multiple sports and I have become high maintenance. I will continue to work towards getting back to playing again, well at least once a week, fingers crossed!
 Message #99659 - This was a reply to message #99567
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday August 9, 2021 9:07 AM
I had a great round going at Diamond Bar on Sunday before the final four holes destroyed what should have been a potentially record low round. Went gangbusters on the front nine starting with four straight pars before an unfortunate three-putt double on the 5th hole, but I corrected quickly and went 1-over the rest of the front nine, including a near miss birdie on the tricky 9th hole, before carding a 3-over 39 on the front. Things started well on the back as well with a par on 10, then a bogey on 11, followed by a birdie on the par 5 12th hole. Another par on 13 and a near miss for a bogey on 14 meant that got to the 15th tee box at just 4-over. At that point I think I just allowed the final score to get in my head too much and all of a sudden the swings went bad. I pulled two tee shots left on the par 5 15th and ending up taking a triple after the lost ball, then did okay on the 16th hole narrowly missing the par putt, but 17 and 18 were both disasters with a double and a triple that put me 9-over for the last four holes. Totally demoralizing. Ended up with an 85 (adj 84) which I shouldn't scoff at as a 12 handicap, but so much better was in sight. It was a very hot day and I probably should have eaten something at the turn to keep my energy up as well. Live and learn. On to the next!
 Message #99669 - This was a reply to message #99659
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Monday August 9, 2021 11:07 AM
LOL - 54 years, never learn right? Never think about your score!

Finally I'm saying to myself, I'm playing well! I'm 6 over after 13 holes. Heck I could break 80. And at one of my nemesis golf courses I love Ridge Creek Dinuba.
Double, Triple, Bogey, Triple, Triple. I shoot 90 adjusted 89. Still, it was good while it lasted.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #99672 - This was a reply to message #99567
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday August 9, 2021 11:59 AM
I feel your pain brother!
 Message #99675 - This was a reply to message #99672
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Wednesday September 1, 2021 2:04 PM
What did I shoot? Crappy score after crappy score after crappy score.

Change in clubs?
Change in climate/courses?
Change in meds?
Chronically sore left wrist?
Too fat and too old?

While all could be blamed, none are my real problem.

You play mediocre golf, you produce consistently mediocre scores is the bottom line for my recent golf results.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #99914 - This was a reply to message #99675
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Saturday September 4, 2021 10:01 PM
Managed to dodge my second sub-80 round in two months at Skylinks on Friday with a somewhat typical meltdown at the wire. I was cruising along after a very solid 40 on the front nine (bogeys on 7,8 and 9) and started the back nine even better with three straight pars and a good bogey recovery at the par 3 13th after a horrific hook off the tee. Made a great par on 14 after two straight bunker shots (fairway and greenside), then cut the corner on the par 5 15th with a 4i, followed by a 5i pin high just off the green. The eagle putt just missed, but no complaints with a tap-in birdie.

So I was sitting pretty with three holes to go at 4-over, but a poor tee shot on the short par 3 16th put me at awkward bunker shot's edge, then the flailed attempt to chip fell back into the bunker. Double bogey. On the tough 17th, long and into the wind, I pushed my tee shot way right into the 15th fairway, but recovered well over the trees and with a solid approach saved bogey. On 18, I thinned my tee shot but recovered well with a 5i to 100 yards. The ball was on an upslope though and I chunked my 60 degree a bit to end up right of the green. Chipped on and 2-putt for double.

So after going 5-over the last three holes, marked down the 41 for the back nine and lamented a lost opportunity but still pretty happy with a solid 81 at a pretty tough course. Wilson tomorrow to see if we can knock down another good round.
 Message #99936 - This was a reply to message #99914

Listing 1 to 9 of 9 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]