Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot September-2021 (GK Cyber Clubh...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot September-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot September-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday September 1, 2021 7:50 AM
It was sure fun to get out an play a bunch last month. I'm be getting some GK Cup 17 rounds in this month. I'll play at our GK Plays Indian Wells Golf Resort outing on 9/12 but won't be able to for our Golf Moose/GK Morgan Run Resort outing on 9/20. Need to line up more GK Guru rounds as well.

Looking forward to reading about everyone rounds!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #99904
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot September-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Wednesday September 1, 2021 11:26 AM
Going to be a Busy Golf month for me. I already have 6 rounds planned with 3 straight weekends out in Palm Desert!

PGA West Stadium
Industry Hills
Indian Wells
Desert Willow
Eagle Falls
Pechanga
 Message #99908 - This was a reply to message #99904
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Tuesday September 7, 2021 8:32 AM
Played on Sat at PGA west and on hole 6 I messed up my shoulder once again. I ended up swinging about 75% the rest of the round while trying not to follow through past parallel. Ended up birdying the 16 San Andres hole even after going down in the deep bunker but just short of the green. Shot 86 with fantastic chipping and putting.

I didn't want to play on Monday due to the injury but had a non refundable tee time for industry hills Ike course. I had never played there and all of my golf friends said bring lots of golf balls as the course is tight. Well I didn't lose a single ball all day and ended up shooting an 82 from the TIPS! I was crushing my drives dead straight and about 275 yards with 2 of them 300+ medium irons were in pretty accurate and the only thing keeping me from under 80 was some mediocre chipping what a difference between Sat and Mondays chipping. I did win a couple skins that paid for the round so that was nice.
 Message #99979 - This was a reply to message #99908
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Friday September 10, 2021 3:33 PM
42-42, basically pain free and somewhat in control but I just kept getting in my own way (or as I say shooting myself in the foot). I am trying to swing in control at less than 70% so control is better but distance is lacking. Short game is basically nonexistent except putting that thankfully is still hanging in there, 31 putts.
 Message #100057 - This was a reply to message #99904
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Saturday September 11, 2021 9:45 PM
broke par for the first time... -1 71 at Brookside CC 6244 69.9/127
play here about 10 times a year. a links style course with water features and tough undulating greens.
3 birdies, 2 bogeys, 36-35, zero 3 putts, a ton of 6-10 ft makes

was 1 under through 16. Only hit 1 really bad shot... a topped fairway wood on a par 5 that left me the same fairway wood led to 1 bogey. the rest of the round... my driver was kind to me. My wedge game was not sharp, but pretty much hit greens with them. I putted well on greens that normally confuse me, and this helped me get up and down a bunch...

On 17, a par 3 140 center, back pin with the green sloping away... so i tried to hit 9iron center, but it went a tad long and bounced off a couple of feet. my chip left me about 6-8 ft, and I hit my worst putt of the day to get bogey.. I just decelled.. hit online and good read.

So, I'm even through 17. And 18 is a 530 yd uphill par 5 that I've never birdied. Left is water. Right, if I bailout is bunkers I always end up in. I'm striking the ball well, so I take an aggressive line this time, and hit a dead center draw that leaves me 250 up the hill, with front and left protected by deep bunkers. I have 235 to front of the green to a front pin... so I go for it. My FW wood only has 240 if I nut it... I nutted it up the left side, which had a decent chance to kick towards the green. Instead it stayed left in the rough about 5 yds short, and I have a straightforward 5 yds on, 5 yd roll chip, with a ton of break. I land it not high enough and miss it a tad low and leave myself a 8 ft uphill putt, which broke about a cup... dead center... birdie... 71.

fun
 Message #100064 - This was a reply to message #100057
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Monday September 13, 2021 6:57 AM
Nice round Michaelko!
 Message #100067 - This was a reply to message #100064
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday September 13, 2021 1:28 PM
Heard it north of the Grapevine...

That the other NCGK 1 finalists game is in form too.

Let's see a match with both players scoring well.

Making an uphill breaker for red numbers? "priceless"

Congrats...
 Message #100073 - This was a reply to message #100067
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday September 13, 2021 8:24 PM
QUOTED  broke par for the first time... -1 71 at Brookside CC

Well done Mike!! I see I have my work cut out for me. But as Peter said, I've had a couple good one's myself this week. Two out 3 rounds were sub 80!

I look forward squaring off with both of us firing on all cylinders.
 Message #100077 - This was a reply to message #100073
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Tuesday September 21, 2021 7:12 AM
Two Rounds last weekend.

First one Friday at Desert Willow (Mountain) where I swear if there was a bunker on the course I found it. I hit 14 bunkers this day with a majority being the fairway bunkers. While hitting these bunkers I also would have bad lies where the lip would affect my escapes or side hill lies. My driver was dead straight all day but either just left or right of the fairway so it was an accuracy issue.
The bad news is I shot 48-42 for a 90
The good news is my putter was on fire for 29 putts 7 of them 1 putts and no three jacks

Saturdays round was at Eagle falls - Driver still on a line and I kept it in the fairway most of the day I did have a wayward drive while trying to drive a par 4 green that resulted in a double. I also found my share of green side bunkers this day. Very strange as I am rarely in the sand at all when I play but back to back days in the traps. Putting was still very good with 8 - 1 putts and one three jack from 40 feet.
Went 40-43 and was very happy for this result.
 Message #100123 - This was a reply to message #99904
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Tuesday September 21, 2021 10:37 AM
QUOTED  Well done Mike!! I see I have my work cut out for me. But as Peter said, I've had a couple good one's myself this week. Two out 3 rounds were sub 80!

I look forward squaring off with both of us firing on all cylinders.

so we are playing scratch.. got it.
 Message #100126 - This was a reply to message #100077

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]