msherer260
Hitting down with Driver

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday October 27, 2021 6:49 PM
Thanks for the help from so many on the down hill iron shot....now the last 3 months I have started hitting my driver low and even skying A LOT, have got hitting down and cannot get out of it...worked with local pro but his ideas do not transfer to the tee...playing really good in scrambles but I need to get off the tee when it is up to me....any ideas....(I am not slicing at all, just skying a lot or running it down the fairway 2 feet off the ground, driver set at 11 degrees).
 Message #100583
mdames
RE: Hitting down with Driver
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday October 28, 2021 2:54 PM
Without the benefit of seeing your set up and swing with the driver, it's not feasible to give you specific advice. However, there are some basic suggestions I have that may help you. Generally, you want to hit slightly up on the ball with your driver. The best way to do this is to place your ball well in the front of your stance. A good way to determine where to place your ball is to take a practice swing and see where your club bottoms out (from there the arc of your swing will move upward). Place the ball a couple of inches to the left of that spot (provided you are a right handed golfer). Also, be sure not to come into the impact zone too steeply. Another thing to think about is maintaining your posture during the swing. If you lose your posture at or before impact, you'll likely hit the ball with the bottom portion of the club face, resulting in a low trajectory. Don't over swing. This usually causes you to lose your posture. If you're so inclined, you could also set up with a more open stance and a slightly open faced driver. This will promote a fade, and usually a higher trajectory. One thing I do to help promote a solid strike of the ball is to make sure I keep my eye on the ball during the swing, and especially at impact. I hope some/any of this can be helpful to you.
 Message #100590 - This was a reply to message #100583
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Wednesday November 3, 2021 7:29 PM
I can relate to putting a driver in the corner for some time out...and having a trusty strong 3 wood, thankfully be there too keep the tee game acceptable.

*consider coming back to the C721 from time out fairly soon. Whenever I transition from one driver to another, and remind myself to let the club 'pull' me to how it needs to be hit, I usually find good results quickly. However, when that driver, then slowly starts to give me trouble again, I know it actually isnt a good fit to my swing(I can't pull a club to my swing tendancy). Foot spray rocks.
 Message #100621 - This was a reply to message #100620
1PLUS1

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Friday November 5, 2021 10:41 AM
It’s pretty simple: You need to work on your angle of attack with the driver. Some Tour professionals who swing the club at high speeds actually approach impact on a slightly downward angle but obtain positive results because the numbers they generate in combination with their launch angle, spin rate, and ball speed work in concert with each other. On the other hand, golfers who fail to generate triple-digit swing speeds need to catch their drives on the ‘upswing’ in order to maximize their carry distance. Doing so will produce the launch and carry parameters that will allow them to squeeze the most out of the driver.

It’s a simple fix: mostly ball position and the sensation of hitting up on the ball through impact. If you swing the driver like your irons, on a downward arc, you will never fix the problem. Don’t be so resistant or stubborn to change; if one pro’s guidelines don’t ‘click’, see another one. The only true way to get a clear picture of your situation is to get on a launch monitor, generate some baseline data, and see how the prescribed adjustments affect the numbers. A total revamp of your swing is not required; just an educated walk through some tried-and-true swing fundamentals. But if you’re unwilling to make and get comfortable with the required changes, you’re wasting your time.

[[Edited by 1PLUS1 on Friday November 5, 2021 11:18 AM]]
 Message #100632 - This was a reply to message #100583
halena42

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday December 24, 2021 10:46 AM
Thankyou so much for tips
 Message #101152 - This was a reply to message #100632