GK Cup 18 Match Results/Standings
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 18 Match Results/Standings

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1
Nickesquire
GK Cup 18 Match Results/Standings
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 28, 2021 9:31 PM
Reporting responsibility is on the winner of the match unless otherwise agreed. On your match report, please clearly show:

1-How the the front 9 point was won/tied.
2-How the the back 9 point was won/tied.
3-How the the overall match point was won/tied.

Anything else you feel pertinent about the match you would like to share. And as always, have a good time!

Preliminary match play period 5 months (10/1/21 through 2/28/22) 6 matches total, need to average a match every 3 1/2 weeks to be on schedule to complete 6 matches.

Standings and list of eligible opponents

Rank * W-L Pts * Net Pts * MP * OMW * Player
-- 1 ---- 3.5 - 2.5 -- Net + 1 --- 2 ----- 1 --- Nickesquire
-- 2 ---- 2.5 - 0.5 -- Net + 2 --- 1 ----- 1 --- T8fish
-- 3 ---- 2.0 - 1.0 -- Net + 1 --- 1 ----- 1 --- Mpisarski01
-- 4 ---- 2.0 - 4.0 -- Net - 2 ---- 2 ----- 0 --- Sr714
-- 5 ---- 1.0 - 2.0 -- Net - 1 ---- 1 ----- 0 --- JohnnyGK
-- 5 ---- 1.0 - 2.0 -- Net - 1 ---- 1 ----- 0 --- Roarksown1
-- 7 ---- 0.0 - 0.0 -- Net + 0 --- 0 ----- 0 --- atreitman
-- 7 ---- 0.0 - 0.0 -- Net + 0 --- 0 ----- 0 --- bnaso
-- 7 ---- 0.0 - 0.0 -- Net + 0 --- 0 ----- 0 --- Dconnally
-- 7 ---- 0.0 - 0.0 -- Net + 0 --- 0 ----- 0 --- FirstFlight FX-101
-- 7 ---- 0.0 - 0.0 -- Net + 0 --- 0 ----- 0 --- Gary00
-- 7 ---- 0.0 - 0.0 -- Net + 0 --- 0 ----- 0 --- GolfEric420
-- 7 ---- 0.0 - 0.0 -- Net + 0 --- 0 ----- 0 --- Itslikeimsayin
-- 7 ---- 0.0 - 0.0 -- Net + 0 --- 0 ----- 0 --- Kassper7
-- 7 ---- 0.0 - 0.0 -- Net + 0 --- 0 ----- 0 --- Pokerguy0826

On the D.L. until probably January
-- 7 ---- 0.0 - 0.0 -- Net + 0 --- 0 ----- 0 --- Mcantos

KEY:
W/L Pts = Total match points won and lost.
Net Pts = +/- total points.
MP = Matches played.
OMW = Overall Matches Won, need 2 or more points in a match to earn a tie breaking point here.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Monday October 25, 2021 7:00 AM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #100197
mpisarski01
RE: GK Cup 18 Match Results/Standings
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Sunday October 17, 2021 9:01 PM
Mpisarski over Roarksown1 today
Robert 3&1 front
Mpisarski 2&1 back
Mpisarski 1 up over all.

Details later

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Monday October 18, 2021 8:43 AM]]
 Message #100358 - This was a reply to message #100197
Sr714
Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday October 18, 2021 7:18 AM
Off to a rough start without any driving range on Sunday at Oak Quarry. Good thing we had ruled in advance that all unmarked areas were playing as hazards with only 1 stroke penalty...

Finally got the wheels on by the 3rd hole and had the benefit of watching Andrew sink a 20ft birdie putt. Mine followed the same line from 18ft and the match was on... Although I started hitting the ball a little better, Nick birdied both par 3's and had a comfortable 3 hole lead after 6. I was able to stop the bleeding and held on through 9.

Nick started the 10th by sailing his drive long and RIGHT back down the 9th fairway. My confidence bolstered, I wound up a launched the same Q@#$%@ shot as he did and we wasted a lot of time lining up our shots back up the hill and driving the cart back up the hill in slow motion. Nick's recovery shot was perfect, and mine was lost in the trees. After a drop, my long approach landed pin high, but rolled off the back. The hole was lost for sure... I pitched up to 15 ft and watched Nick's approach. His bump and run came up short a couple times, and I drained my putt for a bogey. A couple missed putts by Nick and that was the turning point.

I was more consistent on the back, while Nick started to have his own adventures. He gathered at least a dozen lost balls (Nuff said). Neither of us could hit a shot inbounds on 16, and my lead was down to 1. Needed to win 17 & 18 to tie the match. Nick's approach shot found water on 18. I stayed dry and sealed the tie with a par.

It was a fun day with the crew. Looking forward to more tight matches!

Nickesquire 3&1 front
Sr714 2&1 back
Tied overall with 3 holes each
 Message #100362 - This was a reply to message #100358
Sr714
Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday October 18, 2021 7:18 AM
Off to a rough start without any driving range on Sunday at Oak Quarry. Good thing we had ruled in advance that all unmarked areas were playing as hazards with only 1 stroke penalty...

Finally got the wheels on by the 3rd hole and had the benefit of watching Andrew sink a 20ft birdie putt. Mine followed the same line from 18ft and the match was on... Although I started hitting the ball a little better, Nick birdied both par 3's and had a comfortable 3 hole lead after 6. I was able to stop the bleeding and held on through 9.

Nick started the 10th by sailing his drive long and RIGHT back down the 9th fairway. My confidence bolstered, I wound up a launched the same Q@#$%@ shot as he did and we wasted a lot of time lining up our shots back up the hill and driving the cart back up the hill in slow motion. Nick's recovery shot was perfect, and mine was lost in the trees. After a drop, my long approach landed pin high, but rolled off the back. The hole was lost for sure... I pitched up to 15 ft and watched Nick's approach. His bump and run came up short a couple times, and I drained my putt for a bogey. A couple missed putts by Nick and that was the turning point.

I was more consistent on the back, while Nick started to have his own adventures. He gathered at least a dozen lost balls (Nuff said). Neither of us could hit a shot inbounds on 16, and my lead was down to 1. Needed to win 17 & 18 to tie the match. Nick's approach shot found water on 18. I stayed dry and sealed the tie with a par.

It was a fun day with the crew. Looking forward to more tight matches!

Nickesquire 3&1 front
Sr714 2&1 back
Tied overall with 3 holes each
 Message #100363 - This was a reply to message #100358
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Monday October 18, 2021 8:43 AM
Another Fun Match between Robert (roarksown1) and I (mpisarski01) went down yesterday at Oak Quarry. Robert was getting 2 strokes which Nick and I were joking because we are 1 stroke apart on handicap 10.9-11.9 so we asked him who he bribed for the extra pop.

Hole 1- Both players find the fairway. MP hits GIR RB misses GIR. I proceed to two putt par and Robert chips on and misses his 10' par putt.
MP+1

Hole 2- MP goes way right and into the water. RB hits fairway. MP takes a lateral drop and sticks the green from 230 yards out. RB chunks one then pulls his approach long and left. He chips on and 1 putts. MP two putts from 40'

Hole 3- Both hit good tee shots both hit GIR. I leave my 25' birdie 1" short and RB drains his 10 footer for bird.
ALL Square

Hole 4- Good drives, good layups, and both hit GIR. RB 2 putts for par. MP 3 jacks including missing a 2' par the bounced because of a unfixed mark.
RB+1

Hole 5- MP hits green RB misses right. I two putt par and RB hits a chip long but drains a 15' par for the halve

Hole 6- Good tee shots and both hit GIR. Mp 3 jacks from 40 feet. RB two putt for par
RB+2

Hole 7- #1 Handicap Hole On a par 3!- RB gets a pop. Mp miss reads the wind and goes long but in play. RB gets under his shot and it goes into the junk. Mp chips on and 2 putts for Bogey. RB Chips on and two putts for a DBl

Hole 8- MP hits one right and has trouble getting it to the green. RB hits fairways then gir and two putts for a par. MP 1 putt bogey
RB Wins front 3 &1

Hole 9- MP hits fairway and gir for a two putt par. Robert hit a topper into the bushes, he tried to chop out but whiffed on the first attempt. He gets out and gets to the green for a 1 putt double.
RB +2 overall

Hole 10- We dont want to talk about it! Both players have to take a drop and struggle to get to the green. I make a 1 putt double. RB misses a 5' to halve
MP+1 back
RB+1 Overall.

Hole 11- My turn to try a left handed shot from the bush where I too fail to make contact! Rb hits fairways then GIR and drains a 10' birdie again!
All Square back
RB+2 overall

Hole 12- MP hits the GIR Rb just right into the dry lake. I casually two putt for par. Rb misses his 20 footer for the halve.
MP+1 Back
RB+1 Overall.

Hole 13- I go OB right and take my lateral drop. RB miss hits his 2nd shot OB and I land my approach just short. Mp chips to 1 foot for a 1 putt bogey Robert 1 put dbl bogey
MP+2 Back
All Square Overall

Hole 14- Both players hit fairway but cant reach the GIR. Both of us two putt for bogey

Hole 15- RB gets a POP- Both players hit great tee shots down the middle. RB Shanks his approach right and OB. MP hits the green but is 50 feet from the hole. RB takes his drop and shorts his chip into the bunker. MP 3 jacks for bogey and the third time this day. Rb cant recover and makes a triple
MP+3 back
MP+1 overall

Hole 16- Mp shorts tee shot into the sand. RB just a touch long. MP gets out and 2 putt bogey but RB drains a 8' par.
MP+2 Back
All Square Overall

Hole 17- Rb makes a 2 putt bogey. MP makes a 1 putt bogey
MP wins Back 2&1
All Square going to 18.

Hole 18- Rb finds the cart path but rolls back and subtracted 20 yards from his tee shot. Mp smashed his drive but gets a unlucky lie in a divot that wasn't filled. We both layup mine being a topper that rolls out 150 yards leaving 167 to the pin. RBs layup misses water by a foot. His next shot however finds the lake left. I play it safe and hit right of the green leaving an easy pitch to the green. I two putt for bogey. RB cant recover from his OB and takes a 2 putt snowman.

Mp wins the overall 1 up
 Message #100365 - This was a reply to message #100197
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Monday October 18, 2021 10:55 AM
Marvin, ailments, especially to our golf game, just sucks. Do your part as best you can, and get better soon.
 Message #100372 - This was a reply to message #100197
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Tuesday October 19, 2021 7:41 PM
Really enjoyed meeting and playing with Steve. Thanks for a fun and competitive match. Fun, easy going guy to play with.

Steve put on a clinic of grinding with a few loose swings until you find your game and staying within striking distance on the front. I put on a clinic of how to only be 3 up @ the turn by having three 3 putt bogeys on my card on the front... 1 did not matter because he made birdie and I purposely made sure I got my birdie attempt there, just hurt my score... However, the other 2 allowed him to halve holes and were just unforced errors where I had no business 3 putting. Once he found his swing on the back, my turn for some loose swings and the holes I could have won earlier came back to haunt me. Steve played well down the stretch and ending up coming from 2 down after 16 with solid pars on 17/18 (net birdie on 18) to square the overall match.

A 1.5 to 1.5 result is probably appropriate. We both had some specific really good shots and even stretches where we played some decent golf for holes at a time. But both had a few swings that make you go "WHAT?!?!? Neither of us closed the deal and won holes we should have with seemingly big advantages by the time we were around the green.

Steve made note of hole #10 in his recap. #9 is even more telling to me. Steve didn't play his best golf from tee to green and is on the fringe in 3, chipped to about 10' in 4. I hit a good drive and nice 7I to 11' in 2. Not even worrying about winning the hole, my birdie putt with pace catches the edge and spins out about 3'. Steve drains his 10' bogey putt center cut. I miss the entire hole again playing too much break from the other side on my par attempt coming back to tie his bogey. A blind man should have won the hole with a 2 stroke advantage when both are basically even less than 12' from the hole...

Look forward to a rematch with Steve in a future Cup. Fun afternoon!
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #100385 - This was a reply to message #100372
mcantos
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bayonet

Tuesday October 19, 2021 8:03 PM
Thank you Chuck, much appreciated..
 Message #100386 - This was a reply to message #100372
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Friday October 22, 2021 10:50 AM
JohnnyGK v. Nickesquire @ Bernardo Heights C.C. on 10/21/21.

Handicaps were a wash so the match was played w/o any strokes from the Blue tees. Neither of us had played Bernardo Heights C.C. before. Tight match. If this were medal play, Nick beat John by 2 strokes on the front, John beat Nick by 1 stroke on the back and we both kept it in the 80's. The hole by hole match play was just as tight.

Keys to each hole:
Hole 1 Nick made about a 15' sand save to win the hole when John uncharacteristically 3 putted.

Hole 2 After both were pin high right in 2 on the par 5, John got it up/down making about a 20' birdie putt.

Hole 3 John nice GIR par with a well struck 5I that gave him a nice birdie look he barely missed.

Hole 4 Both made nice 4-5' par putts to halve the hole.

Hole 5 Nick stuck it tight and won with a lip out birdie, conceded par.

Hole 6 John made a nice up/down par.

Hole 7 After okay to even good drives... Nick won with a double when he made less of a mess with fat shots than John did after he bladed a wedge over the green into the junk.

Hole 8 Nick solid GIR par.

Hole 9 Nick made about a 20' par putt after John's tee shot found the lake.

Hole 10 Halved with Nick making about an 8' putt and John coming right back with about a 5' putt.

Hole 11 John's drive had him in jail with tree issues and he was basically a stroke behind all the way to the hole after pitching out.

Hole 12 Halved with bogeys.

Hole 13 Comedy of the round. Nick hit a terrible 5W going for the par 5 in 2. Looked lost, but must have hit the cart path multiple times. Was at least 75 yards farther than we were originally looking, over the green left. Nick's LH putter recovery from under a bush allowed him to halve the hole with John. Still learning my club distances. I now know that a well struck 2/3 swing with a putter backward through the rough is about 40 yards max. 35 yards would have been perfect.

Hole 14 Nick good up/down par.

Hole 15 John made about a 20' par putt.

Hole 16 Halved with bogeys.

Hole 17 John solid GIR par when Nick's approach caught the rocks and went into the lake.

Hole 18 John solid up/down par from the fringe after Nick had no chance at a GIR because of trees.

We basically rotated our pars and bogeys, rarely both scoring the same on most holes. And if we neither made par, we usually tied.

Nick won 7 holes
John won 6 holes
5 holes were halved

John started strong the first 5 and ended strong the last 4 holes. Nick played better in the middle of the round. I think we would both agree that John generally played more solid golf from tee to green and Nick made up for it once we got to the green. Only 2 holes were decided by more than 1 stroke and I think we both had 1 penalty stroke each. Fun times!

Nick won the front 2 up
John won the back 1 up
Nick won the overall 3 & 2
 Message #100456 - This was a reply to message #100197
t8fish
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

Monday October 25, 2021 11:48 AM
Sr714 (Steve) and T8fish (me/Kevin) played our match at Upland Hills Golf Club on Sunday, 10/24. If I get notes from Steve, I will update this with as much play-by-play as I can, but as it is, this will just be a general overview. In a word, "even" describes the general flow of the match — very even. We both came in with 15.7 handicaps that translated to a course rated 14, neither of us had seen or played the course (or each other) before and there is no range or net, so other than a little pitching, putting and stretching, no practice shots for either of us. Within the respective nines, there was only one hole in which I was 2-up with the rest of the time one of us was either 1-up or even. On separate holes, we each had tee shots that we both observed landing with no thought of losing, but could not find them after intensive searching when we arrived at the spots, and so ended up taking our penatlies.

As far as the outcome, we were even on holes six through eight when Steve found water right on his tee shot for the par-3 ninth. I found the green but not close and took three putts for a bogey. Steve dropped, made a nice chip to a short side pin leaving about six feet to halve the hole but came up short and left. So by that much I got the front nine 1-up. Steve was 1-up on me for the back nine going into the 18th, but uncharactistically blew up, pulling his tee shot into the condos on the left, not to be found. The reload went right into the tree line and again was not to be found. My tee shot was well left but playable and I scrambled for a bogey, squaring the back nine and leaving me 1-up for the match.

Otherwise, as well as tight, the play was classic mid-handicapper with some competent, steady play, some screw-ups, and some flashes of brilliance and clutch bits in the mix. I am happy to have garnered the points I did, but no one was running away with this. Typically, I’m sure we are both kicking ourselves for the weak decisions and miscues that would have taken holes from each other.

While Steve is a competitive player he is good company even as you know he is there to beat you. Thanks, Steve for the outing and good luck going forward.

T8fish won the front 1 up for 1 point
The back nine was all square for .5 point each
T8fish won the overall 1-up for 1 point

[[Edited by t8fish on Monday October 25, 2021 2:32 PM]]
 Message #100544 - This was a reply to message #100197

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]