GK Cup 19 standings and match results
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 19 standings and match results

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 29 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
dconnally
RE: GK Cup 19 standings and match results

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday May 17, 2022 9:58 AM
You know it's a bad day when you hit the lake from the 12th tee!!
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #102094 - This was a reply to message #102093
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Tuesday May 17, 2022 10:03 AM
Yep it was an all time shank from the 14 fairway
 Message #102095 - This was a reply to message #102094
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:

Tuesday May 31, 2022 8:56 PM
Is this thing a go?
 Message #102181 - This was a reply to message #102084
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Thursday June 2, 2022 4:03 PM
Yes, everyone please start playing your matches.

Previously, I received numerous comments/complaints concerning a small minority not following the established match guidelines or people not playing with a current, valid handicap. The people who created those challenges are no longer welcome back since it happened multiple times.

The goal here is quite simple. Every participant playing on a level playing field. All participants having a good time with all competitive matches played under the same set of rules. Handicapped match play with current handicaps. Let the chips fall where they may that particular day.

About a 99.99% chance there will be a new winner this Cup. I have 2 grandkids arriving this summer and it would be REALLY challenging to get in all my matches @ distance with the things I hope to be doing with them. But will do what I can to be competitive.

If anyone wants to play either Ventana course, the guest rate is very attractive. And they are awesome courses!

Will Dave win another title in his quest to chase down Matt S. as the all-time GK Cup holder?
Will veterans John H. Kevin or Matt P. finally break through after some near misses among the three?
Will relative newcomers like Steve or John W. come out on top after favorable showings last Cup that fell just short?
Will Mark win Cup #2 after a string of strong performances?
Will Chuck put together a long stretch of wins like he has showed glimpses of?
Will someone not yet entered win?

We will find out in a few months, but in the meantime, good luck to all!
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #102212 - This was a reply to message #102181
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:

Monday June 27, 2022 8:04 AM
First Match of GK Cup 19

Mpisasrski01 Vs SR714

Got together for a match at Olivas links yesterday during the GK Event. Steve was getting 5 strokes as we both played the forward tee's.

I got off to a very hot start and Steve had some accuracy issues in the beginning.

Hole 1- Steve goes OB and MP makes an easy two putt par. MP1
Hole 2 (SR Stroke)- Steve finds the lateral again and makes a 7 and MP makes another 2 putt par- MP2
Hole 3- Both players make par - Halved
Hole 4- Steve finds some brush and punches out of it. MP is in fairway and finds green under reg. Two putt birdie for MP 2 putt bogey for Steve- MP3
Hole 5- Both make par- Halved
Hole 6- (SR Stroke) Mp makes bogey SR makes Double but gets a stoke- Halved
Hole 7- Mp finds the bushes and had to take a drop. SR makes a Par- MP2
Hole 8- Both players miss the green but I make a 20 footer for par SR misses his - MP 3&1 front nine
Hole 9- Steve tops his drive and Mp finds fairway. I make a par Steve makes dbl. MP4

Front nine was a tale of two golfers I was hitting my shots pure and rarley offline. Steve was having a lot of issues off the tee. I shot 39 Steve shot 48

Hole 10- Both player refuse to discuss what happened but MP wins with a triple over SRs Quad. MP1- MP5
Hole 11- MP makes par and SR makes another Quad. MP2- MP6
Hole 12- MP makes par and SR makes Bogey- MP3- MP7

MP Wins OVERALL 7&6

Hole 13- MP misses green and chunks a chip and SR makes a nice par- MP2
Hole 14- Both players make bogey but SR gets a stroke- MP1
Hole 15- SR makes par MP makes Bogey- EVEN
Hole 16- Both players make Bogey but SR gets a stroke- SR1
Hole 17- Both players miss green MP has a fried egg in the trap and launched it over the green. SR makes bogey and wins the back nine point.
Hole 18 - DOESNT COUNT I two putt par SR 3 putt par.

This was a fun match and I give Steve a lot of credit for not packing it in after losing the front and overall early on the back nine. Hit figured some stuff out and I got a little erratic to allow him to come back from 3 down on the back. SR714 is good company and I enjoyed the day.
 Message #102407 - This was a reply to message #101709
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Monday June 27, 2022 5:20 PM
Sounds like a tough day for Steve, yet he was able to salvage a point. Good job Steve and nice playin Matt!

Still not too late to participate this GK Cup. Only 3 real requirements to play.

1-Have and consistently maintain an accurate handicap posting all your rounds played.
2-Play by the same rules everyone else does every match.
3-Have fun!

1 and 2 seem simple. Yet those criteria have eliminated a few previous participants from further participation because they exhibited the lack of ability to meet them more than once. Numerous people complained, we listened, and those creating the challenges are no longer here.

To those who said that if certain things were not rectified, they would no longer play in the GK Cup. Complained about deficiencies have been removed from the equation? So I guess my question is, why do I not see some names who complained on the currently playing list?
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #102411 - This was a reply to message #102407
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Monday June 27, 2022 10:50 PM
I couldn't play a match yesterday during a GK Plays because I never know if I'm going to for sure be able to play all 18 holes but I know for sure I'll be playing all 18 holes at all the Golf Moose / GK Private Course outings. So let me know!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #102422 - This was a reply to message #101600
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Friday July 8, 2022 8:14 PM
THOROUGHLY enjoyed getting out with Kevin and John W. @ Simi Hills today. Great to catch up with some familiar faces.

Kevin played great and broke 80! I played decent but could not keep up and he blitzed me getting 6 strokes.
John played very solid if unspectacular golf and used his 5 strokes to his advantage almost every time... just as he has nearly every time I have played him. They will provide the details of the matches.

I had low expectations because I have not been able to play much, but played better than expected. Just flat out got beat both matches by better players today. And I enjoyed every minute of both matches. FUN!!!

Thanks to John for setting up and to both for coming out and playing on my way through town. Much appreciated!
 Message #102459 - This was a reply to message #102422
PokerGuy0826
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    TPC Sawgrass

Friday July 8, 2022 10:26 PM
Nick & I got together @ Simi Hills to play a GK match just after noon in 94 degree weather. Considering how much less water they are able to use, the course was in good shape. Greens were firm but held good shots and rolled true and quicker than expected. POP was as expected on a Friday afternoon getting around in just over 4 hours.

#1 *PG strokes here* PG gets off the tee well while Nick found the trap up the left side. Both left 2nd shots short with John ending with a bogey and Nick taking a double after running his downhill chip some 20 feet by the hole. PG +1

#2 Nick blasts a drive dead center while PG is in the middle considerably shorter. Nick hits sweet 5 wood to 10 feet short of green while PG lays up and flies the pin with is 3rd. Nick 2 puts for birdie & PG ends with par. Match is Even.

#3 Both par after good drives and approaches.

#4 Nick pulls hi tee shot left on this par 3 while PG is 18 feet short in middle of green. Nick chips well but misses 4 footer back down the hill while PG 2 putts for par. PG +1

#5 Both get off tee on this short par 4 well, setting up 100 yard approaches. Pars for both.

#6 Nick hits another towering drive while PG is in the middle again much shorter. Nick leaves his approach short as does PG and both walk away with bogey.

#7 * PG strokes here* Nick struggles off the tee here while PG is in the middle again. Nick struggles up the left side while PG comes up just short, chips up and 2 putts for bogey. Once again Nick pushes his putt to tie past the hole. PG +2

#8 Nick leaves his tee shot just short on this par 3. PG pushes his and has a difficult pitch over the trap to a tight pin. Nick 2 putts for par while PG bogeys. PG +1

#9.*PG strokes here* Nick hits his drive in the middle, but pulls his approach left and is faced with a terrible lie . PG drills a 6 iron to 8 feet and 2 putts for par. Nick doubles. PG wins front 2 up.

#10 Once again Nick struggles off the tee, has to lay up and has some tree trouble. PG hits a mediocre drive but is in play, hots a nice 5 wood to about 125 yards & 2 putts for par. Nick bogies. PG +1 Back/+3 match

#11 After walking 18 in the morning and now 10 holes in the afternoon Nick finally decides to join PGi n the cart. it's been hot out all day!!!
*PG strokes here* Nick hits his tee shot right and we can't find the ball. PG is in the middle, leaves his approach on the left fringe and 2 putts for par. Pg +2 Back/ +4 match.

#12 PG hits one of his best drives of the day while Nick pulls his tee shot and is behind a number of trees. Nick punches and catches a limb and puts his next in the bunker left. PG does all he can to give the hole away but sneaks away with another hole. PG +3 Back/+5 match.

#13 *PG strokes here* Nick blasts another drive up the right side. PG is in the middle short. (Seeing a pattern here?) Nick again pulls his approach left while PG is nearly out of bounds right with his approach. PG chips and runs it past the hole and 2 putts for bogey. Nick hits a great chip but it runs 10 feet by and he misses his putt for bogey. PG +4 Back/+6 match.

#14 Nick is rightfully frustrated and I'm sure tired. He struggles off the tee and ends up in the lake. PG is in the middle. Pg wins the hole with a bogey and wins Back 5&4 and the match 6&5.

We did finish the round but it was clear we had both run out of steam. Nick, as always was fun to play with, absolutely gracious, and as always showed some amazing shots throughout the day. I enjoy each & every round we play and was fortunate enough today to take advantage of nearly all my stroke holes. I look forward to getting together again when I can get out to Arizona or Nick comes to Simi to visit his grandchildren.

PG 2 up on the front for 1 point
PG 5&4 on the back for 1 point
PG 6&5 for the match and 1 point.
 Message #102460 - This was a reply to message #101600
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Saturday July 9, 2022 1:39 PM
QUOTED  Kevin played great and broke 80! I played decent but could not keep up and he blitzed me getting 6 strokes.

Thanks for the round, Nick. I am not sure I broke 80, but I did play better than my current average. Also, a big thank you to John, PokerGuy0826, for setting up the rounds! It was definitely a good day putting for me as I made a few and was very close on some long putts!
QUOTED  They will provide the details of the matches.

Uh, yeah, about that... I can remember a few details, but somewhere on the front nine (Hole 6, I believe) I lost my scorecard.
Hole 1: kv gets a stroke and we tie with my bogey and Nick's par.
Hole 2: A good one putt to save par by kv and a solid par from Nick and we tie again.
Hole 3: Another hole and another tie.
Hole 4: Two solid tee shots and pars to the par 3 and we tie.
Hole 5: Short par 4; Nick looked like he was in trouble but made a great second shot from 126 yards over the lake and through the trees to land about 2' from the pin. I used my lob wedge from about 56 yards to get within 2' as well. Two birdies and we tie again.
Hole 6: I chunked my tee shot and found the dirt slope on the right as Nick hit a great drive down the middle to about 100 yards. I struggled with almost every shot on that hole and limped away with a triple. Nick made par and went 1-up.
Hole 7: I get a stroke here. Nick's turn to struggle from the right-side dirt slope off the tee while I went left into a low-lying area behind a grassy knoll. I managed to launch my 5 iron to the middle of the green and made par (I almost drained the 30-footer) while Nick had trouble with getting on in regulation. AS.
Hole 8: Medium length par 3 and we both chunk our tee shots! Both made bogey. AS
Hole 9: I get a stroke here. Nick's tee shot goes a little left and my tee shot is in the fairway at 148 out. I hit the left fringe on my approach and (I think) Nick gets the bunker. I managed to make par and walk away with the front nine point. kviser Front nine 1 up.
Hole 10: kv struggles off the tee but manages to make bogey; however, it's not enough as Nick made par. Back nine Nickesquire 1 up, overall match AS.
Hole 11: kv gets a stroke. We both struggled to bogeys, but my stroke makes a net par. Back AS, 18 Hole Match kv 1-up.
Hole 12: kv gets a stroke. I struggled off the tee and after several minutes Nick helps me locate my ball as it had hit a tree pretty solid. I made a one putt par and Nick's bogey puts another nail in the coffin. Back: kv 1-up; Overall: kv 2-up.
Hole 13: Another stroke hole for kv. I hit to the right and Nick hits to the left of the fairway. I get up to the left fringe while Nick goes over the green to the back-right. I made my long, hooking fringe putt for birdie/net eagle while Nick struggles to make bogey. Back: kv2-up; Overall: kv 3-up.
Hole 14: We both had some trouble here with Nick going long into the left side trees and my approach getting the left greenside bunker. I made a good out, but three-putted for double while Nick made bogey. Back: kv 1-up, Overall: kv 2-up.
Hole 15: Nice par 3 with water on the right. I hit my tee shot right of the green, barely making it over the water, Nick hits the green and makes a good par. Back: AS; Overall: kv 1-up.
Hole 16: Both of us hit the first tree on the right side of the fairway. Nick's ball is in a concrete ditch at about 200 out. I managed to find mine in the right-side jail about 167 out. I hit a good 7-iron through a window in the trees to the right greenside bunker. Nick found trouble left and short of the green, down in a ditch. He then hits a miraculous punch low: under the trees, skipping over the tops of two bunker lips and rolls around the back of the steep green. I knew his ball had a chance to go in as soon as I saw it curling around the top side of the green. He ended up about 3 feet to the right of the pin; not an easy putt because of the slope. He 2-putts for bogey and I make a sand save par. My bunker shot looked very good, and I thought it could have gone in for birdie. Back: kv 1-up; Overall: kv 2-up with 2 to play.
Hole 17: I hit a great 7-iron that drew in to about 6 feet straight below the pin. Nick found trouble on the left side, down in another ditch and had to make a good play. I'm not sure how, but I only needed two putts to close it out. My birdie attempt went about 3 feet past, but I made the comeback for a par and the win! Back: kv 2 and 1; Overall: kv 3 and 1.

Match Results:
Front nine: kviser 1up: 1 Point
Back nine: kviser 2&1: 1 Point
18 Hole Match: kviser 3&1: 1 Point
 Message #102462 - This was a reply to message #102459

Listing 11 to 20 of 29 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]