GK Cup 14 Match Results:
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 14 Match Results:

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 80 Replies

PAGES: 8 1 2 3 4 5
dconnally
RE: GK Cup 14 Match Results:

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday July 7, 2019 11:59 PM
Thread title "Cup 14" - Bracket label "Cup 13"
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #91805 - This was a reply to message #91804
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday July 8, 2019 2:59 PM
QUOTED  Had a great round with Roakrsown today, teeing it up alongside Uscdodger and kassper7 ‘s gk cup match. We had a very close match that saw each of us get up by 2 for only 1 hole. We both played well which made it so close (i shot net par and rob shot net -2). There were lots of fairways hit and good, steady golf was played. We finished the match All Square after 18 and had agreed on a tiebreaker of par 3 scores to par where I held the edge +1 to his +2. This was almost tied after Rob’s pitch on 17 from about 60 yards over a bunker stopped 3” short of the cup.

Rob was an excellent competitor and it was a lot of fun as close as it was the whole round. Hope to tee it up with you again!

Thanks, Matt - yes, it was a pretty fun day and it was great to see your consistency at work. We also got the course in good shape which was a heck of a bonus. That was some back-and-forth battle we had but the better golfer won! Just glad I made you work for it a bit … let me know when you're playing Rancho again anytime and I may just have to cruise up there to join you.
 Message #91819 - This was a reply to message #91804
Alex326
GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday July 10, 2019 1:05 PM
Eli1488 wins 5&3 over CenCalGolfer33. Details to follow
 Message #91858 - This was a reply to message #91819
uscdodger32
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Keegan Bradley, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Old Brockway

Wednesday July 10, 2019 1:34 PM
Perry (Kassper7) and I completed our match on Sunday 7/7 at Lakewood while MrKich and roarksown1 were battling it out. USCDodger32 won 1-up on the 19th hole after we tied through 18 and our agreed on 1st tie-breaker was also a push.

With identical trends and indices, nobody got any strokes. Perry and I both didn't play up to our full potential, and in fact, when one of us had a good hole, the other person was usually blowing up. Only 2 holes (3 & 15) resulted in halves.

I got out to a quick lead, and was 3-up through 4 holes and again after 6 holes. But a hosel rocket on 7 that got in my head, combined with stellar play from Perry (-1 combined on 7-10 and E combined on holes 5-10) saw us all-square at the turn and Perry 1-up through 10. After I won 11 to get us square, Perry won the next 2 holes to put him 2-up through 13 and again 2-up after the 16th hole. I was able to eke out wins on 17 and 18, leaving us all-square through 18 holes.

On the 6th tee, realizing that we had not discussed a tie-breaker scenario, we agreed that our combined scores on the remaining 2 par-3s would serve as the tie-breaker. Well, some misfortune for me on 12 and Perry on 17, had us both a combined +3 on those 2 holes. After a bit of cajoling (the starter had never heard of GK) and a little bit of collateral (my cellphone), he agreed to let us play the 1st hole again. On that tee, we agreed that should we tie on that hole, the winner would be the person who holed out first, i.e. longest putt made. Perry found himself short-sided in a greenside bunker, while I was on in regulation. After taking 2 shots to get out, Perry nearly jarred a lengthy putt for his bogey, but it lipped out and he had a 6. I was on in regulation with a very long birdie putt which I promptly left well short. After seeing Perry's putt lip out, and with 2 putts to win, I was able to roll my par putt to tap in range and walk off with a 3-putt bogey that gave me the hole and the match.

Perry, Matt, and Rob were a blast to play with and I look forward to teeing it up again with you guys soon.
 Message #91859 - This was a reply to message #91664
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Saturday July 13, 2019 9:40 PM
dconnally def. Fastfish433 at La Costa, Champions - score 6&4.

Details soon.
 Message #91904 - This was a reply to message #91859
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Saturday July 13, 2019 11:57 PM
Gregholla over Mpisarski today at la costa.
 Message #91905 - This was a reply to message #91904
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Sunday July 14, 2019 12:46 PM
Apisarski and I are scheduled for El Prado-Chino Creek on Saturday, 7/27. Two spots available if anyone wants to join us. Paid only $27/ea with promo code on TeeOff.com. (10:07 "Deal" time if you're interested.)

[[Edited by Itslikeimsayin on Sunday July 14, 2019 12:48 PM]]
 Message #91906 - This was a reply to message #91905
Alex326
GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday July 16, 2019 2:20 PM
Deepsea14 halved the 18th to squeak out a win 1 up in a great match that was close all day!

[[Edited by Alex326 on Tuesday July 16, 2019 3:22 PM]]
 Message #91920 - This was a reply to message #91908
dconnally

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Tuesday July 16, 2019 2:57 PM
dconnally (DC) and Fastfish433 (FF) played their first-round GK Cup 14 match at La Costa Resort (Champions) during the GK Plays event there on Saturday, 7/13/19. Weather was hot and somewhat breezy and the course was in pretty good condition. FF’s ScoreTracker index versus my GHIN index measured out to a difference of 23 strokes for FF from the white tees. We got to start on hole #1. We played with FF’s son Alex (apisarski) and his friend/former boss Matt, who was on a golf course for the first time(!).

The details are pretty gory and should not be widely distributed. Both of us played pretty ragged and appeared determined to give holes to their opponent, whether it was the lie on top of the buried pine cone, being stuck dead behind a big tree, hitting into the drain construction in the middle of the landing area of the fairway, hitting a series of snap hooks off the tee, three-putting six (yes six!) times, or hoisting a few in the water.

When the smoke cleared and the dead were counted, DC came out on top 6&4, leading FF to drop a 50-ft bomb on the next green (AS USUAL, right!!). Other than the ugly golf, we had an enjoyable time with Alex and Matt, the latter whose strength looks to be putts in the 8-10 foot range. I’d be very happy to play with any or all of these guys again in the future.
 Message #91921 - This was a reply to message #91920
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Wednesday July 17, 2019 1:49 PM
Edged Alex326 1up in our Match played at Yocha DeHe. It was close the whole way with stroke holes helping me half holes early we made the turn All square. My par to his bogey on the 6th (our 14th started on 10) pivotal. Alex won the 15th outright and we matched scores the next two, leaving me One up on the 9th (18th) tee.

Both hit good drives in fairway leaving 155 / 150 to the uphill elevated green. We both went over. He in the primary cut and me in the bunker. I blasted to the fringe his chip was on the green above the hole. He two putted I got down in three and the stroke (#9 handicap) halfed the hole and the eked out the match.

It was bogey or better to win a hole and good play by each of us kept it interesting all through. When the scores were tallied we both shot net under par my net 70 to his 71 indicated I was just a slight edge difference to get by him. If style points were awarded he would have taken that. Sharp dresser in the yellow jersey honoring the Tour de France bike race.

Respectfully submitted, Peter aka Deepsea14
 Message #91929 - This was a reply to message #91921

Listing 11 to 20 of 80 Replies

PAGES: 8 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]