GK Cup 14 Match Results:
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 14 Match Results:

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 30 of 80 Replies

PAGES: 8 1 2 3 4 5
Alex326
RE: GK Cup 14 Match Results:
GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday July 17, 2019 3:39 PM
Peter set the tone early with his Putter doing all the talking! On the first hole of the day (#10) he sank a 12'-15' putt for bogey that with his stroke allowed him to halve the hole. My driver put me in good spots all day long but that putter of his always struck gold! As the saying goes - "Drive for show, putt for dough" We both played well to make it a great battle that was close the entire day but in the end it was Peter's steady smooth putting stroke that won the match.

During warm up on the putting green we talked about new putters. Peter said he hasn't switched putters in like 25+ years. I can see why!!

Great course, great company & great match.
 Message #91930 - This was a reply to message #91929
mnielson
GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Saturday July 20, 2019 3:55 PM
I really enjoyed meeting and playing the “Chief of Police” in our match this morning at Paso Robles Golf Course. Darren is a great guy. We are well matched, both of us with 15 handicaps. Darren hit the ball out of bounds on the first hole, then followed that with a birdie on the number one handicap hole, the second. I figured I was in trouble. Then we both played poorly, trying to give the match away to each other. I’d get a double bogie and Darren followed with a triple. Darren hit the ball out of bounds and I followed with two of my own. Darren “won” our match by giving away the most holes and I closed him out before I could give him enough holes back. I’m kidding. We both really tried to win and I think playing poorly just made us more tense. But I can’t remember enjoying a round as much as today after I played so badly.
 Message #91950 - This was a reply to message #91930
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Maderas Olivas

Monday July 29, 2019 1:00 AM
Nickesquire v. Caligolfer1031 @ Oak Creek.

Nick (9.2) played Gold (6543/71.2/130). Greg (14.3) played White (6187/69.2/127). Greg was getting 3 shots after all adjustments for course handicap and tee boxes.

Hole 1: Par 4. Basically over as soon as Greg got off the tee in the fairway. Nick lost his tee shot left and his provisional was in a bush. Cali +1

Hole 2: Par 4. See hole #1, except this time Nick's 2nd tee shot was more playable. Cali +2

Hole 3: Par 3. Basically over as soon as Nick put his tee shot on the green and Greg dunked 2 in the lake. Cali +1

Hole 4: Par 4. First hole w/o penalty shots, but both acted like they wanted to lose the hole as one mediocre shot was followed and topped by the next. Nick was more successful in implementing his mediocrity. Cali +2

Hole 5: Par 4. Both made bogey, but it was a stroke hole for Greg, so his net par wins. Cali +3

Hole 6: Par 5. Nick made par to win the hole. Cali +2

Hole 7: Par 3. Hole halved with pars on the long par 3. Cali +2

Hole 8: Par 4. Greg played the hole less mediocre than Nick. Cali +3

Hole 9: Par 4. Greg made a great par putt from the fringe to win the hole. Cali +4

Hole 10: Par 5. Nick made par to win the hole. Cali +3

Hole 11: Par 3. Nick made par to win the hole. Cali +2

Hole 12: Par 4. Both made bogey, but it was a stroke hole for Greg, so his net par wins. Cali +3

Hole 13: Par 4. Greg lost a ball in the bushes after hitting the cart path, Nick's 3 putt bogey wins the hole. Cali +2

Hole 14: Par 4. Nick made par to win the hole. Cali +1

Hole 15: Par 4. Okay, things have finally gotten interesting. Stroke hole for Greg. Nick on the green in 2, Greg short of the green in 3 much farther away. Greg great chip up close and makes bogey, net par. Nick missed his birdie and makes par. Hole halved with the stroke. Felt like Greg stole one. Cali +1

Hole 16: Par 4. Both found the sand, then both have par putts in the 15-20' range. Nick too aggressive and then misses the comebacker, Greg cozies his up for the tap in. Cali +2

Hole 17: Par 3. Nick makes up/down sand save for par that he could not repeat with a large bucket of balls to win the hole. Cali +1

Hole 18: Par 5. Both hit good drives in the fairway. Greg perfect layup. Nick goes for the green in 2 but hooks his iron pin high left about 50 yards closer than Greg. Greg excellent pitch within 20', Nick mediocre chip farther away. Nick rolls his birdie putt up close and makes par. Greg rolled his birdie putt to within 1" for an easy par. Hole halved, Cali wins 1 up.

Greg played smart throughout and did what it takes to advance. Always a pleasure playing with Greg, who always has fun with a good attitude!

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Monday July 29, 2019 10:52 PM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #92023 - This was a reply to message #91950
caligolfer1031

Favorite Golfer:
    Adam Scott, Bubba Watson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Monday July 29, 2019 9:25 AM
Thanks for the write-up Nick. Nick it was fun and look forward to teeing it up again with you. Too bad your driver didn't behave at the beginning. This is only the second time I have made it to round two.
 Message #92027 - This was a reply to message #92023
Itslikeimsayin

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Tuesday July 30, 2019 1:32 PM
Mike (14Over) and I are scheduled for Sunday, August 11.

[[Edited by Itslikeimsayin on Tuesday July 30, 2019 1:32 PM]]
 Message #92043 - This was a reply to message #92027
gary00
GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    jack
Favorite Golf Course:
    arrow wood

Wednesday July 31, 2019 5:40 PM
7/31 at Twin Oaks Rat-Patrol/Gary00 the scene of Jim's awesome putting exhibition. Congrats on the win it was really fun getting to watch almost every roll disappearing into the hole. Started with a 10 footer for par on #1 and just kept going. Jim is not likely to blow his own horn so I will--23 putts with several several from 20 plus feet. That was a clinic and a behind the woodshed whopping if you know what I mean. Good luck going forward at least might be able to say that only lost to the champ!!! Thanks for the great outing and entertainment along the way.
 Message #92058 - This was a reply to message #92043
sixpez
SoCal Community Staff

sixpez: sixpez - Golf Normad GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    The Next One

Wednesday July 31, 2019 7:03 PM
Hey all. Good luck in your matches. Can you do me a favor, though, and clearly put the winner in the comments after a match is complete? Sometimes, it's hard to decipher the write-ups and it helps everyone to include the winner and final score in a quick glance fashion. As the one helping do the bracket graphics, it would be nice to get the results without any confusion. : )

I love reading the write-ups and the details that can be provided to give us a sense of how the match went. It would just be nice to include a separate line at the top or bottom of the post...

screenname def. otherscreenname 3&1

Something to that effect would help me, Johnny and Nick in keeping the bracket updated and clear for everyone to follow.

Thanks!
 Message #92059 - This was a reply to message #92058
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Wednesday July 31, 2019 7:15 PM
I'm still put off by the frequent posting of results by the losing player.

Where's the victor to tell us how he navigated the treacherous shoals of competition to emerge into the light?

"In the good old days" it was understood that the winner posted the results and some explanatory detail.

JMHO
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #92060 - This was a reply to message #92059
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Wednesday July 31, 2019 8:17 PM
Rat-Patrol defeats Gary00 6 and 5.
 Message #92061 - This was a reply to message #92060
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday August 3, 2019 5:51 PM
Here's your recap, I made putts Gary didn't. Pleasure playing with Gary.
 Message #92092 - This was a reply to message #92061

Listing 21 to 30 of 80 Replies

PAGES: 8 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]