RE: GK Cup 14 Match Results:
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday September 19, 2019 2:43 PM
Your welcome . . . and I will be in Osaka that day so have fun!
 Message #92452 - This was a reply to message #92450
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Thursday September 19, 2019 2:51 PM
I booked one of the spots
 Message #92453 - This was a reply to message #92452
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Saturday September 28, 2019 6:33 PM
Itslikeimsayin vs. dconnally took place today at Mt. Woodson. With near similar indexes, David was getting one stroke. Here’s the recap:

Hole 1: Both hit tee balls into right-side trouble. We both advanced our second shots to around 70 yards short of the green. David put his third on the back of the green. I missed the green in the left fringe. We both two putted from there. All Square.

Hole 2: My tee shot ended up in the left rough with a difficult stance right behind the fairway bunker. David was in the fairway. I missed the green right, he missed the green long. He hit a decent chip, I hit a poor chip. We both two-putted from there. All Square.

Hole 3: Strong breeze blowing right-to-left. My tee shot found the left greenside bunker. David sprayed his far right into the junk. He dropped and chipped on, but his chip checked up, leaving a long bogey bid. I hit a decent sand shot to about 15 feet. We both two putted. ILIS 1Up.

Hole 4: I hit what I thought was a great drive, but it went too far left and ended up in a weird, semi-neglected “bunker” area, right up against the lip, even though it was on grass. David hit a good drive. David advanced his second down the middle. I chunked one forward only about 60 yards. We both hit pure approach shots — too pure, in fact — and both found the back bunker. I splashed out and my ball rolled all the way to the front of the green. David chunked out into the back fringe. I hit a great putt from about 60 feet to a couple inches. David got up and down from the back fringe. ILIS 1Up.

Hole 5: My drive went left but carried the lake and into the left side fairway bunker. David’s went into the lake, which is currently mostly dry, so he was able to play it. He punched out beautifully. I semi-shanked my bunker shot and we both had about 70 yards left. David left his next shot short. I put mine within about 15 feet. David then chunked a chip and his next shot caught some casual water on the green, slowing it down considerably. He conceded. ILIS 2Up.

Hole 6: My tee ball went long left. David center of the green. I chunked my chip and went on to bogey. David cozied his birdie putt close and par was conceded. ILIS 1Up.

Hole 7: David sprayed his tee shot a little right. I hit a good tee ball. David pulled his next into the lake. I put my approach in the center of the green. David dropped and chipped on. I two putted for par. ILIS 2Up.

Hole 8: Both hit decent drives, me missing the fairway left a bit while David’s got caught up in the rough on the right-side corner. David’s approach came up short. My approach found the right greenside bunker. David’s chip came up short. I left my first bunker shot in the bunker, and then blasted the second well past the hole. David chipped to a few feet. I missed my first two putts and conceded his. ILIS 1Up.

Hole 9: David put his tee shot on the green about 35 feet. I missed the green but was closer, in the left-side fringe about 20 feet. David’s first putt came up way short. I hit my first putt to within a few feet. David missed his par putt, I made mine. ILIS 2Up.

Hole 10: Both tee balls ended up in the fairway within 10 yards of each other. My approach landed just long and spun back to about 5 feet. David’s landed just a bit farther up the hill than mine did and stuck there. He chunked his chip and then ran his next attempt well past the hole. I made my birdie putt. ILIS 3Up.

Hole 11: My tee shot found the front bunker. David’s tee ball came up a bit short. I hit a decent bunker shot to within about 12 feet. David chunked his chip and then two putted from there. I holed my par putt. ILIS 4Up.

Hole 12 (Stroke Hole): I popped up my tee shot but it made it up the hill to the fairway. David hit a good one. My 3-wood second only made it about halfway up the hill in front of the green. David’s second drifted right into trouble. He found it a few feet into the junk with a bad lie. From there he hit a miraculous shot that carried to the green surface and checked, stopping about 7 feet from the hole. I tried to hit a big flop but pushed it too far right and missed the green. I chipped on, putted past the hole and conceded. ILIS 3Up.

Hole 13: David topped his drive but it stayed safe. I hit a great drive down the middle. David squirted his next one from an odd lie into the right rough, and followed that by advanced a good shot up the fairway (although it did skim off a giant boulder, which was amusing). I hit a good second shot. David sprayed his fourth shot right, across the cart path. I hit my approach long left. David chipped short, and then hit a great chip to a few inches. I chipped on and made my par putt. ILIS 4Up.

Hole 14: My drive carried the left fairway bunker, leaving 210 to the green. David hit a good in the left side of the fairway. David advanced his second down the middle. My second got caught up in the right side rough and didn’t reach the green. David put his third on the green with a good shot. I sculled my chip over the green. I chipped on, which checked up on me, and then ran my first putt about 5 feet past the hole. David ran his birdie putt past my ball and missed the comebacker. I made my bogey putt and conceded David’s bogey putt. ILIS 4Up.

Hole 15: I hit a good tee shot to the right side of the fairway. David pulled his left of the fairway. His second found one of the short-right greenside bunkers. I put mine on the green about 30 feet. David blasted out of the bunker and putted up around the hole, which I conceded for bogey. I two putted for par to win the match.

Itslikeimsayin defeats dconnally, 5&3.
 Message #92490 - This was a reply to message #92453
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Sunday September 29, 2019 10:15 AM
Geez, Mark makes it sound like I hit a lot of really bad shots!! Oh, wait - that IS what I did!!

We were both a little scratchy on the front nine, but Mark really started hitting the ball solidly, and making putts, on the back nine as he easily pulled away. Meanwhile, scratchy Dave continued.

I hadn't played Woodson since the GK event in 2010, and had forgotten how much elevation change was inherent in many of the holes. Hitting the ball poorly here results in a lot of quirky, difficult lies and stances.

A win well earned and good luck to Mark going forward.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #92492 - This was a reply to message #92490
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday October 26, 2019 7:26 PM
Is it over yet? Who won?
 Message #92618 - This was a reply to message #92492
Alex326
GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Saturday October 26, 2019 8:07 PM
Good point/question Jim! I've sent out a couple emails to get things moving on this and Nick is the only one who even bothered to respond back to me. I know there's a medical issue in one of the brackets with a player ready to forfeit his match due to needing to tend to an ill family member. The others..... apparently 3 months isn't enough time to schedule a match.
 Message #92619 - This was a reply to message #92618
golferic420

Favorite Golfer:
    Lefty
Favorite Golf Course:
    Las Vegas Paiute

Tuesday October 29, 2019 2:59 PM
Gregholla defeats Golferic420 badly on 10/26. I’ll let Greg fill in the details.

Thanks Greg - fun time out there. It was a good match for 10-11 holes, haha!
 Message #92625 - This was a reply to message #92619
Itslikeimsayin

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Tuesday October 29, 2019 4:29 PM
The family illness that was occupying my weekends has resolved itself and I just reached out to my opponent to schedule our match. I appreciate both Steve and Nick being patient while I dealt with that unfortunate situation.
 Message #92629 - This was a reply to message #92625
Itslikeimsayin

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Sunday November 10, 2019 5:23 PM
The match between Sr714 and I took place today at Anaheim Hills.

Per Steve's request, I spare you all the gory details and just announce I emerged victorious.

Final result: Itslikeimsayin defeats Sr714, 2 Up.

It was a fairly exciting match, with each of us holding a lead early and then me taking a 3-up lead at the turn. Steve cut that lead down to 1-up on two occasions on the back nine, including after the 17th, but then my routine par on 18 sealed the deal.

Thanks for the competition and a fun day, Steve!
 Message #92697 - This was a reply to message #92629
Sr714
Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday November 11, 2019 3:07 PM
Thanks Mark, I enjoyed our round even gory as it was... and I thought Halloween was over! Thanks for your editorial restraint.
You should be ready for anything after enduring the Ryder Cup atmosphere at Anaheim Hills...
 Message #92701 - This was a reply to message #92697

Listing 41 to 50 of 80 Replies

PAGES: 8 3 4 5 6 7

[ Community Page ]