YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: The GK Cup moving forward

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 31 to 40 of 40 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
JohnnyGK
RE: The GK Cup moving forward

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday December 6, 2019 7:33 AM
QUOTED  Just a thought:
I played in a match play league for four seasons several years back that had a point system a I thought worked well.
An 18 hole match is worth 3 points. The front nine is worth a point. The back nine is worth a point. The hole 18 is worth a point. In all 3 cases one player wins the point or a tie yields 1/2 a point for each player. Possible point outcomes: 3-0, 2.5-.5, 2-1, and 1.5-1.5.

I like this - Would make every match play round exciting to the end.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #92888 - This was a reply to message #92887
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Friday December 6, 2019 7:47 AM
QUOTED  I like the idea of 6 matches and top four get into a playoff.

The more I think about it. I think its unlikely we would run into a significant delay requiring the semifinalist to play straight up matches to advance to the GK Cup Final. They would need to schedule it promptly after the points total deadline and if there is a projected delay in doing so we would have to unfortunately disqualify them and take the next highest point total competitor or competitors that are available.

QUOTED  One of the reasons I have not played in the past is because I did not feel I could commit to an undetermined end and did not want to start something I might not finish.

I think that is the biggest reason we've seen a decline in GK Cup participation. It has to be resolved moving forward. Deadlines have to be in place with set in stone time frame for the Finals.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #92889 - This was a reply to message #92876
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Friday December 6, 2019 10:05 AM
QUOTED  I like this - Would make every match play round exciting to the end.

Same here as for liking the 3 point system. Keeps the match interesting through all 18 holes.
QUOTED  I think its unlikely we would run into a significant delay requiring the semifinalist to play straight up matches to advance to the GK Cup

Players getting to the semi-finals will have already played 5-6 matches in the last few months. Like Nick said, these are the "A" and "B" type personalities and I don't see them delaying things.

Also, Matt mentioned the team match play. That was a ton of fun and I vote for that as well. Maybe a scaled down version. Each team has 3-4 months to complete 3-4 rounds and then move on to a finals or semi-finals?? Basically, I have an outfit to debut for Mattias!
 Message #92890 - This was a reply to message #92889
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Friday December 6, 2019 10:53 AM
I am officially challenging Alex326 to a MATCH! All you have to do to Alex is wear different colors that don't match. His brain will overheat.

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Friday December 6, 2019 1:53 PM]]
 Message #92891 - This was a reply to message #92890
sbarajasjr
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Lee Trevino
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass & Pasatiempo

Friday December 6, 2019 1:39 PM
QUOTED  I am officially challenging Alex326 to a MATCH! All you have to do to Alex is where different colors that don't match. His brain will overheat.

I hear so much about Alex's wardrobe, I need to see for myself. Make this match happen and I'll be there!
 Message #92892 - This was a reply to message #92891
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Saturday December 7, 2019 4:19 AM
QUOTED  I am officially challenging Alex326 to a MATCH! All you have to do to Alex is wear different colors that don't match. His brain will overheat.

LMAO - But so TRUE! My Therapist is working on it. Once a month I have to play in all black or grey. It's been a struggle but I'm working on it!

QUOTED  I hear so much about Alex's wardrobe, I need to see for myself. Make this match happen and I'll be there!

Appearance fees are waived if booked 30 days in advance! lol

I’m due for a San Diego trip soon. Probably not going to do Aviara for Christmas this year but maybe January.
 Message #92902 - This was a reply to message #92892
mnielson
GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Sunday December 8, 2019 4:11 PM
Alex, you looked great today...of course I’m color blind.
If I might contribute, I’ve played a lot of match play and scheduling has always been a problem. We have our Morro Bay match play every January beginning with the first 64 players to sign up. We all live in San Luis Obispo county and belong to Morro Bay Golf Club. Our rule is you must complete your match or forfeit, one match a month. 64 players in January, 32 in February, 16 in March, 8 in April and the final four in May playing 36 holes.
Never worked. Between injuries, work schedules, weather and other conflicts our club championship is seldom completed before August. And we all live close and belong to the same club. For GK I like the points idea. I live in Cambria full time and most of my GK competition live hundreds of miles away.
 Message #92912 - This was a reply to message #92902
CPennbo

Community Director/Women

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls/Balboa

Tuesday December 10, 2019 10:07 PM
I like the direction this is headed. I haven't played in a GK Cup in a long time, for various reasons. As one of the few women in GK it complicates the GK Cup concept. I really did enjoy the team match play and would love to see that reinstated!
New Year's Resolution- HAVE MORE FUN, DO MORE, SEE MORE, LAUGH MORE!
 Message #92944 - This was a reply to message #92912
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday December 11, 2019 6:52 AM
QUOTED  I like the direction this is headed.

I'm thrilled out it. It provides the flexibility and social aspects with many matches between GKers. It opens the door to those living outside Southern California who like to travel to play matches together and those that live in SoCal that like to travel to play matches with each other. I see a lot of GKers coming back for GK Cup play and those that have never tried a GK Cup giving it a shot.
 Message #92945 - This was a reply to message #92944
mcantos
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Poppy Hills

Thursday December 12, 2019 7:27 AM
Regardless of the outcome, I had a great time playing in GK Cup and look forward to playing in the next one...
 Message #92961 - This was a reply to message #92945

Listing 31 to 40 of 40 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]