Please post ALL GK Cup 15 Match Play Results here
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Please post ALL GK Cup 15 Match Play Results here

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 31 to 40 of 142 Replies

PAGES: 15 2 3 4 5 6
t8fish
RE: Please post ONLY GK Cup 15 Match Play Results here
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday February 14, 2020 1:48 PM
I've done it privately, but I wanted to thank Nick publicly for the round, score tracking, report writing, and in particular for his company. Nick hits with length, and it was obvious he has good all around game — probably one that would crush me if he was having a consistent round and I was playing an average, decent round. But on the day, too many times when he was off line, it was way off or into an area of no redemption. I was having the best and most consistent ball striking round in a very long time. Lost in that was Nick had some very nice shots in the mix and his short game was solid-to-exceptional all day. He consistently put on a clinic in lagging long putts very close, including a 30+ footer from down off the steep sloping 15th green to about a foot that was remarkable.

That said, and as much as it was satisfying to play well, I actually had more relaxed fun hanging out with Nick after the round.

While he deserves kudos for running the tournament, he really epitomizes the spirit of it.

Thanks.

[[Edited by t8fish on Friday February 14, 2020 1:52 PM]]
 Message #93580 - This was a reply to message #93573
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Friday February 14, 2020 7:47 PM
Roarksown1 v. Nickesquire @ Dos Lagos.

Nick and I played a super clean front nine (with the exception of one hole), but the back nine was a lot more adventurous with both of us playing some good golf in between some monster clangers as the course moved up into the hills and got a bit quirky.

We both played the Blue tees with me getting a stroke on the 1 handicap hole (#4).

Hole winner/holes for the side. ** Stroke holes

Hole 1 Halve/AS
Hole 2 Halve/AS
Hole 3 Nick/Nick +1
Hole 4 Robert/AS **
Hole 5 Halve/AS
hole 6 Halve/AS
Hole 7 Robert/Robert +1
Hole 8 Halve/Robert +1
Hole 9 Nick/AS
Robert and Nick both earn .5 points

Hole 10 Halve/AS
Hole 11 Nick/Nick +1
Hole 12 Robert/AS
Hole 13 Robert/Robert +1
Hole 14 Robert/Robert +2
Hole 15 Robert/Robert +3
Hole 16 Nick/Robert +2
Hole 17 Halve/Robert +2
Hole 18 Nick/Robert +1
Robert wins the Back +1

• Points for Front 9: .5 - Nick and .5 - Robert
• Points for Back 9: 1 - Robert (+1 holes)
• Points for Match: 1 - Robert (+1 holes)

Match Recap: 2.5 points Robert, .5 points Nick.

Quite a day for me and Nick out at Dos Lagos. A beautiful day to be sure, and at time some beautiful golf was played. And yes, I stole Nick's template from above to get this recap done relatively quickly because it is Friday night and all. We played a really solid front nine as mentioned above, both of us reaching the 8th hole at 3-over. Nick went up briefly on the par 3 3rd hole after a very nice two-putt par, but my stroke hole on the 4th brought me back to AS after I parred the long, narrow par 5. We played the next three holes even with two pars and a bogey between us, and then I got super lucky on #7 after a pulled tee shot that my blind, side-hill recovery shot found the green and I two-putted for par while Nick chipped long and just missed the comebacker for bogey. We both made a hash then of the shortest par 3 on the course, both taking 6s as Nick had uncharacteristically missed two putts right after the very loud cart service drove by and threw his concentration. On the 9th hole, my 1-up lead was taken away after we both hit tee shots just off the green to within one foot of each other, but I chipped poorly over the green, while Nick chipped short, but he two-putted from there for par while I chipped back on and had to settle for bogey. So All Square after nine and the point shared.

The back nine was a lot more crazy as the course flattened out and widened for those first few holes. After halving the 10th, Nick took the lead once again on the par 3 11th as I drove it pin high but left behind some thick trees/bushes, while Nick was also left but needed one less shot to get back in front. It was at this point that the match turned though as I won four straight holes - somehow. My unlikely birdie on 12 was even crazier since Nick bombed a drive and second shot, but overshot the green and ended up in some bad rough with tree trouble. His first chip was duffed, but then he made a beauty, but my two bad shots were made up for by one great approach that landed to 8 ft and I sunk it to go AS again. The next hole saw both of us with good drives but I laid up due to the big lake and Nick went for it and ended up pin high but in an awkward bunker position. My bogey was good enough to win the hole. On the par 5 14th, I bounced off the side hill, then went long and right, but hit a good third still short of the green. My chip went long but I drained a 20 foot putt for par, while Nick's four solid shots but par-missing putt made the difference. Now 2-up, the par 3 15th gave us both fits as we both lost balls and took penalties, but Nick's one bad bunker shot left him with one stroke more than mine for a 3-up lead with 3 to play. Nick played a great 16th hole on a very tricky, gimmicky 'volcano' hole, while I absolutely decimated my round taking a 9 on it with another lost ball penalty and some poor ball striking, but on 17, a long, elevated par 3 into the wind, we both found the green and two-putted for par, putting me up 2&1 to close the round.

It was a bit of a crazy round, but also crazy fun. We had two super cool playing partners paired with us (thanks Al and Nader!), and some 'fun' with the folks behind us complaining about slow play, but most of that was because the elderly twosome couple in front of us had no problem either stealing Nick's ball after his tee shot on the 10th hole ("Oh, you said it was a yellow ball, this one is green" as he pulled it out of his pocket ... let the record show that it's a yellow ball ALL DAY LONG) and then when they hit one of our playing partner's balls on the NEXT hole. Comedy. Sad, but funny. We survived. Nick is such a student of the game that I always learn new things when we play and I appreciate his absolute love and dedication to the game. And also, let's face it, GK Cup would be a heck of a lot messier if the Nickster didn't spend his good time taking care of this for us. So kudos to the man himself. All in all, a very fun day and I'm happy with the points haul but know that I was pretty lucky to get them. Fin.

[[Edited by roarksown1 on Monday February 17, 2020 9:09 AM]]

[[Edited by roarksown1 on Monday February 17, 2020 11:35 PM]]
 Message #93583 - This was a reply to message #93580
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Saturday February 15, 2020 7:59 AM
I'm still dissapointed I didn't get to tag along to do your review Rob, but admittedly you did a good job! Now we just need to figure a time out when we can get together for a round.
 Message #93586 - This was a reply to message #93583
mpisarski01
RE: GK Cup 15 Match Play Results
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Saturday February 15, 2020 6:37 PM
lotrgolfer wins over mpisarski. that is all im going to say about it

he will provide the details
 Message #93594 - This was a reply to message #93377
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Saturday February 15, 2020 11:58 PM
QUOTED  I'm still dissapointed I didn't get to tag along to do your review Rob, but admittedly you did a good job! Now we just need to figure a time out when we can get together for a round.

I appreciate the appreciation ... felt I went above and beyond the call of duty, but I could certainly not let Nick down. That just ain't happening. Not on my watch. It's on in April and I will travel by blind mule if I have to in order to get to that little slice of golf Heaven you're far too lucky to call home. Okay. Maybe May. Shut up. I work.

[[Edited by roarksown1 on Saturday February 15, 2020 11:59 PM]]
 Message #93595 - This was a reply to message #93586
lotrgolfer48

GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Fleetwood
Favorite Golf Course:
    Chambers Bay

Sunday February 16, 2020 11:53 AM
lotrgolfer48 (MS) v. mpisarski (MP) complete from Coto de Caza South playing the Gold tees (72.4/134) playing at 6634 yards. MP was getting 14 strokes (*). I'd also like to thank Matt right off the bat for inviting me out here as his ClubCorp guest. Really a fantastic facility and great venue for a match.

Hole 1* Par 4 389 yards: MP led off right up the middle. I pull my drive left over the bunkers towards the penalty area and overall bunch grassy not-goodness. MP wedges on to about 20 feet. I find my drive that got a very friendly kick off of something leaving 70 yards. I wedge to just outside MP's ball. Both of us 2-putt. MP 1Up

Hole 2* Par 4 352 yards: We do the exact opposite off the tee from Hole 1 with MS straight up the right-center and MP pulled towards trees left. MP's drive ends up just fine in the left side of the fairway with ~70 yards to go. I wedge on from 125 to 12 feet. MP scoops his approach getting about half-way there and his third ends up just over the green on the fringe. MP 2-putts. I make my birdie. AS

Hole 3* Par 5 533 yards: A hot mess. I pull my drive left, not quite clearing the penalty area but was found. MP bullet into the left trees. MP drops, then hits third just short of the right fairway bunker. I lefty punch out of the trees, then lay-up with my third to 110 yards. MP's 4th into the lake. Drop and 6th go over the green. I wedge to 18 feet and 2-putt for bogey to mercifully end that hole. MS 1Up

Hole 4 Par 3 129 yards: MS just short left on the fringe ~15 feet away. MP into the front right trap. MP splash out to 8 feet. MS just misses birdie. MP misses halving par putt. MS 2Up

Hole 5* Par 4 379 yards: MS up the left side of the fairway. MP in the rough left just over the fairway trap. MP into the right greenside bunker. MS to the back of the green leaving a 25 foot down-hiller. MP good splash out to 10 feet. MS leaves birdie 2 revolutions short. MS makes to win hole. MS 1Up

Hole 6 Par 5 534 yards: Both hit good drives up the middle. MP flares right into penalty area. MS into front greenside trap. MP hits fourth to 10 feet. MS splashes out to 4 feet and makes birdie. MS 2Up

Hole 7* Par 4 380 yards: MS drives just short of the left fairway bunker. MP bludgeons one up the middle. MS over the green left. MP safely on. MS putts down to 5 feet. MP safely 2-putts to win hole. MS 1Up

Hole 8* Par 3 190 yards: All carry over a lake. MP finds it. MS left and clatters into the tree greenside. MP drop and hits to 35 feet. MS indifferent pitch to 25 feet. MP blasts past 15 feet. MS 2-putt. MP makes the 15 footer for double and a halve. MS 1Up

Hole 9* Par 4 461 yards: Into the wind! Both of us drive up the right center leaving 215+ into the green. MP hits a fantastic 3 wood onto the front edge. MS just past the greenside trap left with a SCARY downhill chip leftover. MP hits his 50 footer too hard leaving 12 feet back down the hill. I bump one down the hill to 5 feet. MP runs his par past 5 feet. I make my curler for par. MP makes his bogey. MS 1Up

Score after hole will now be (Back 9/Total)

Hole 10* Par 3 198 yards: MP pulls tee shot into the trees. MS onto the green 15 feet away. MP finds ball, pitches and ricochets off the curb back towards him. MP's third is over the green onto the fringe. MP's fourth leaves 12 feet. I 2-putt for par. MS 1Up/MS 2Up

Hole 11* Par 4 407 yards: MS flares drive well right into penalty area. MP safely up the middle. MS drop and third just short of the green. MP safely on in two. MS putts to 5 feet. MP 2-putts to win the hole. AS/MS 1Up

Hole 12* Par 5 523 yards: Both of us up the middle with MP being about 10 yards further. MS lays up to 90 yards. MP goes for it and loses it left into the penalty area. MP drop and fourth into the back bunker. MS third to 10 feet. MP runs bunker shot across the green and into the lake. MS 2-putt. MS 1Up/MS 2Up

Hole 13* Par 4 402 yards: Both of us up the middle. MS onto the green to 20 feet. MP onto the green to 35 feet. Both 2-putt. AS/MS 1Up

Hole 14* Par 4 403 yards: MP tops drive left but playable. MS up the middle. MP lay-up short of the cross-creek. MS just short of the green with second. MP well left with third. MP drop and pitches on in five. MS woeful first putt from front fringe and 2-putts from there. MP misses double to halve. MS 1Up/MS 2Up

Hole 15* Par 4 359 yards: MS into the right trap leaving 80 yards... ew. MP left into the penalty area. MP drop then a wedge on to 30 feet. MS just long of the green leaving a 40 foot chip back down the slope. MS runs chip past 10 feet. MP 2-putts for bogey. MS makes the par putt. MS 1Up/MS 2Up

Hole 16 Par 3 137 yards: MP short into the lake. MS safe onto the left fringe. MP third from the drop area to 8 feet. MS putt from fringe dribbles down to 3 feet. MP just misses bogey. MS make. MS 2Up/MS 3&2

Hole 17 Par 4 332 yards: MS into fairway with fairway metal. MP goes for broke and just misses clearing the lake by about 2 yards. MP drop and third over the green. MS wedge on to 30 feet. MS 2-putt to clinch back 9. MS 3&1/MS 3&2

Front 9: lotrgolfer 1Up
Back 9: lotrgolfer 3&1
Total: lotrgolfer 3&2
 Message #93597 - This was a reply to message #93594
kassper7
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    It varies
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry

Sunday February 16, 2020 7:40 PM
kassper7 and roarksown1/GkCupInca held there match at Candlewood Country Club (kassper7 getting 2 strokes)

Both of us played better than the results. Small fast slopey greens and tight fairways lined by Dikembe Mutumbo trees made scoring tricky.

Hole 1 - Good drives and seconds put us each just off the green - chip and two putts equal Bogey AS start
Hole 2 - R1 starts with a pulled drive and ends with a 3 putt so K7 gets the hole with another bogey. K7 +1
Hole 3 - 190yard SCARY par 3 - we both hit pro shots to the green 10-15 feet past on a very sloped green. R1 slides 6 feet past and misses the comebacker K7 babies his putt to 2 feet and makes it K7 +2.
Hole 4 - K7 drive slightly right where a tree slows it's progress and Bogey is a good score from there. R1 plays it nicely and solid par wins. K7 +1
Hole 5 - R1 hits a poor first shot and K7 hits a short second shot so another putting contest from above the hole - similar results as before. K7 +2
Hole 6 - K7 pulls a drive but get's a decent lie with an angle to the green and flies just past it. R1 hits a good drive but gets a downhill lie in the rough and needs 2 shots to the green. Again 3 putts from R1 gives the hole to K7 as he also need three whacks with the putter to get the ball in the hole K7 +3
Hole 7 - Pulled drives, weird second shots - (R1 next to a tree) means that both 4ths are short irons to the green on this garbage par 5. Both hit good shots and two putt for a bogey but IT's A STROKE HOLE!!! K7 +4
Hole 8 - Par 3 over water - K7 hits the green and R1 pulls it into the trees. 2 putts vs 2 chips and the best putt of the day doesn't help R1. K7 +5

It's at this point - dear reader that, as they say, the tides turn.....

Hole 9 - 2 great drives but R1 has a flat lie while K7 has a lie in the fairway that he would definitely move the ball out of if this was a regular day on the course. R1 hits the green and pars the hole while K7 has a less professional route to a bogey. K7 +4.
Hole 10 - Par 3 R1 great tee shot on the green. K7 5 feet short right but chips and putts to match par. K7 +4
Hole 11 - R1 get a VERY favorable bounce off a tree to keep his second shot in play. K7 his 0 good shots and 3 dreadful shots so not even a getting a shot will save the mess here. K7 +3
Hole 12 - R1 keeps his drive down the center and K7 continues the quality play carried over from hole 11. K7 +2
Hole 13 - Par 3 over 210 to the hole and tight. R1 hits the green with a solid iron while K7 over cuts a 3 wood into the front bunker. The hole is on a small tier in the back that slopes away and R1 birdie putt is too frisky and takes the slope and the hill behind it requiring a chip. K7 gets out of the bunker and makes his four while R1 end up with a 5. K7 +3
Hole 14 - Two good drives but K7 has a single branch sticking out in his line to the green. After he hits the branch even another 3 putt from R1 doesn't help even the scores out. K7 +2
Hole 15 - R1 pulls his drive but luckily a nearby tee box has a fence protecting it so his banks into play. K7 barely keeps the ball in on the right but lie, angle of attack, greenside trouble and skill of golfer require a layup. R1's hero shot to the green turns into a layup as well when some idiot on said protected tee box yells at his even stupider buddy right in the middle of his backswing. Another R1 three putt allows K7 to miss the green, chip and two putt to tie. K7 +2
Hole 16 - Let's not talk about this hole...… K7 +2
Hole 17 - Two poor drives. R1 pushes his second and it's all he can do to get to a greenside bunker in 3. K7's 5 wood doesn't cut enough so he's in the bunker in two but a bad bunker shot puts both greenside in 3. Neither can get up and down for bogey so halved with doubles. K7 +2
Hole 18 - R1 Drive is center and he nearly makes birdie. K7 drive is right requiring a chip out and chip on and 2 putts. K7 +1

So there you have it:

I got out to a big lead and almost threw it all away on the back. BUT the final total ended in my favor:

kassper7 front 9 +4
roarksown1 back 9 +3
kassper7 full 18 +1

kassper7 2 points
roarksown1/GKCupInca 1 point

Rather than thanking Robert (he does that enough himself) I'd also like to thank Nik for all he does for the GK Cup. The new format is off to a great start and his tireless (probably semi-tired) work on it is appreciated.

[[Edited by kassper7 on Sunday February 16, 2020 7:41 PM]]
 Message #93612 - This was a reply to message #93594
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Sunday February 16, 2020 10:50 PM
Eli1488 (22.3) has been removed from the GK Cup for not maintaining a Scoretracker Index as required. As per our written rules, if the person is not an eligible GK Cup participant, any matches involving them will not count. Therefore, the match between Dblevs606 and Eli1488 is null and void.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #93615 - This was a reply to message #93612
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday February 17, 2020 7:41 AM
Are GK15 competitors supposed to post ALL scores in the scoretracker or just the GK15 match play scores?
 Message #93617 - This was a reply to message #93615
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday February 17, 2020 8:03 AM
QUOTED  Are GK15 competitors supposed to post ALL scores in the scoretracker or just the GK15 match play scores?

All scores
 Message #93622 - This was a reply to message #93617

Listing 31 to 40 of 142 Replies

PAGES: 15 2 3 4 5 6

[ Community Page ]