Please post ALL GK Cup 15 Match Play Results here
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Please post ALL GK Cup 15 Match Play Results here

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 41 to 50 of 142 Replies

PAGES: 15 3 4 5 6 7
Nickesquire
RE: GK Cup 15 Match Play Results
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 17, 2020 5:53 PM
Kurator62 v. Nickesquire @ Soboba Springs

Beautiful day, little wind and the course was in great shape. Neither player distinguished themselves on the quick, firm greens. Not alot of 3 putts, but not alot of made putts by either player. Not many penalty strokes, Joey found the water twice and Nick's drive over the bunker on #9 with nothing but grass out there is still missing in action.

We played pretty even on the front score wise, the 2 stroke holes were the difference as we tied them on medal play and Nick won both with the strokes.

We both played better on the back. Both making birdies and our share of pars. Nick finally put together a really solid 9 holes of golf for the first time in 5 GK Cup 15 matches on the back 9.

Nick played the Blacks, Joey played the Blues, Nick was getting 4 strokes.

Hole winner/holes for the side. ** Stroke holes

Hole 1 Nick/Nick +1
Hole 2 Joey/AS
Hole 3 Nick/Nick +1 **
Hole 4 Nick/Nick +2
Hole 5 Halve/Nick +2
Hole 6 Halve/Nick +2
Hole 7 Nick/Nick +3 **
Hole 8 Halve/Nick +3
Hole 9 Joey/Nick +2

Nick wins the Front, +2 holes

Hole 10 Nick/Nick +1
Hole 11 Nick/Nick +2 **
Hole 12 Nick/Nick +3
Hole 13 Nick/Nick +4
Hole 14 Halve/Nick +4
Hole 15 Joey/Nick +3 **
Hole 16 Halve/Nick +3
Hole 17 Nick/Nick +4
Hole 18 Nick/Nick +5

Nick wins the Back, +5 holes

• Points for Front 9: 1 - Nick (+2 holes)
• Points for Back 9: 1 - Nick (+5 holes)
• Points for Match: 1 - Nick (6 & 5, +7 holes total)

Match Recap: 3 Points Nick, 0 Points Joey.

Pleasure to meet and play a round with Joey, very nice guy to play with. He keeps it in play and is in almost every hole. Joey did not have a great round today, especially on the greens. However, I was impressed with his ball striking straightness. When he missed fairways or greens it was barely left or right. Even his penalty shots were right on line, just a little long or short in the water. We needed an arborist on call for me, because there was a GREAT chance trees were going to come into play on more holes than not. Overall, we had a good time playing as a 2some sandwiched beween 4somes in slightly less than 4H on a nice course.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Tuesday February 18, 2020 10:21 AM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #93628 - This was a reply to message #93627
kviser
RE: GK Cup 15 Match Play Results

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Monday February 17, 2020 8:46 PM
Presidents Day Match Play Round kviser vs. kassper7 at Simi Hills

A close match today with each player receiving 1.5 points.

It was ugly at times and stellar at other times, but it went down something like this:

Hole 1: kviser strikes with a first hole birdie. kviser, 1-up.
Hole 2: kviser takes advantage of kassper7's struggles up the right side of the short par 5, winning with a double bogie to kassper7's quadruple. kviser, 2-up.
Hole 3: kassper7 wins a hole with a great approach to the left of the pin, while kviser comes up short, chips on, then 3-putts for a double. kviser, 1-up.
Hole 4: Both players missed this relatively easy par 3 green, chip on, then 2-putt for a push. kviser, 1-up.
Hole 5: A short par 4, dogleg left. kassper7 hits a tree, then comes up short on his approach. kviser hits fairway/green and wins with a par. kviser, 2-up.
Hole 6: Both players yank drives into the left rough.Both players got on in three. After getting on from the back bunker, kviser is left with about 10 feet for par, but kassper shuts the door with a great 25 foot putt up a tiered green that he rams in for his par and making the hole a lot smaller for kviser. Two putts by kviser gives the hole to kassper7. kviser 1-up.
Hole 7: Both players find the left side rough again, but kassper7 is a lot closer; both players hit good approaches, but kassper7 makes another great putt for his birdie and the hole! AS
Hole 8: A relatively short par 3; kassper hits the back part of the green but 3 putts for bogie. kviser hit his tee shot short and left; after a lob over the bunker and two putts, it's another push. AS
Hole 9: Decent drives by both players find the left side rough again. kassper7's approach hits the green but bounds into the back bunker. kviser hits a fatty and is left with 60 yards over a bunker. A good approach and one putt seals the front nine for kviser as kassper7 had some troubles with the bunker shot. kviser wins the front nine 1-up.
Hole 10: kviser struggles down the right side and limps into the hole with a 9, while kassper7 makes a par with a 1 putt. AS for the 18 hole match, but kassper 1-up back nine.
Hole 11: kviser hits a good drive, short approach, chip and two putt for bogie. kassper7 made a double with a short chip on his 3rd after visiting the left side. kviser, 1-up for the overall 18 holes, AS for the back.
Hole 12: kassper pushed his drive under some trees on the right side, then hit one OB on his second. kviser hit a decent drive, short approach, then chips close for a one putt par. kviser, 2-up for the 18, 1-up for the back.
Hole 13: Both players find the fairway; but kviser failed to hit his second onto the green. kassper7 wins the hole with a two putt par, while kviser struggles with 3 putts for a double. kviser, 1-up for the 18, AS for the back.
Hole 14: Both players find the fairway and green. kassper7 hits a wonderful 40' lag from off the back of the green for a tap in that was conceded. kviser three putts again, giving the hole to kassper7. AS for the 18, kassper7, 1-up for the back.
Hole 15: Par 3 over water. kassper7 hits short and left; kviser hits the middle of the green. It's a push as kviser 3 putts again for a bogie to match kassper7;s bogie. AS for the 18; kassper 1-up back 9.
Hole 16: kassper hits a great drive into the fairway while kviser finds his drive in the right rough. kassper7 finds the green while kviser comes up short, then proceeds to 3 putt (again). kassper7 goes 1-up for the 18 holes, and 2-up for the back nine.
Hole 17: Easy par 3 but both players hit to the left rough. kassper7's chip is short, but makes a bogie with one putt, while kviser manages to find the green and two putt for push. kassper7, 1-up for the 18; wins the back nine 2&1.
Hole 18: Par 5. kassper hits into the fairway. kviser finds the right rough, in jail behind three trees along the cart path; finding a small window, kviser punches out to about 100 yards. kassper7's second shot finds the right rough. It must have been a flyer lie because his approach, which looked great, finds the back of the green and bounds through on a big hop into the bunker behind. Meanwhile kviser hits the green, then two putts for a par while kassper7 makes bogie after hitting from the bunker. AS for the 18.

RECAP:

Front 9: kviser, 1-up
Back 9: kassper7 2&1
Overall 18: Tie

kassper7: 1.5 points
kviser: 1.5 points.
 Message #93629 - This was a reply to message #93628
Rat-Patrol
RE: Please post ALL GK Cup 15 Match Play Results here
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday February 20, 2020 1:57 PM
Rat Patrol vs lotrgolfer48, Torrey South. Perfect golf weather, slight wind towards the end of the round. I played the Whites, Matt the Greens. I was getting 12 strokes.

I parred the first from the left greenside bunker to go one up. Then we went back and forth for the next 6 holes. I went 1 up on 7 with a par and a stroke and that's the way it stayed thru 9. Rat wins the front 1 up.

On to the backside. Matt wins 10 and 11 to go 2 up on the back, 1 up overall. With me getting a stroke we tie 12. I slip a par in on the par 5 13th and with my stroke bring the match back to even and Matt 1 up on the back. Then lightening strikes and I hit a 40' plus sidehill downhill putt into the cup on 14 for birdie to go even on the back, 1 up overall. We tie 15 with me getting a stroke. On the par 3 16th Matt hits his tee shot into the right bunker, I'm in pin high 18', Matt has trouble and I 2 putt for par to go 2 up overall and 1 up on the back. On the par 4 17th Matt drives right just missing the deep bunkers but with a funky sidehill lie from which he pulled his next shot left into the still being dismantled grandstands. He drops, hits to 12' then makes a hard breaking left turning putt for an excellent par save. My tee shot ended up in position A left side of the fairway from where I hit hole high then 2 putted for par . . . with my stroke, game, set, match.

Rat wins the front 1 up, the back 2/1 and 3/2 overall.

Always great playing with Matt. I played well today and was getting a mountain of strokes.

[[Edited by Rat-Patrol on Thursday February 20, 2020 1:59 PM]]
 Message #93664 - This was a reply to message #93251
lotrgolfer48

GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Fleetwood
Favorite Golf Course:
    Chambers Bay

Thursday February 20, 2020 6:13 PM
A well deserved 3 points for Jim today, he played extremely well outside a pair of 7s, one of which was after the match had been put to bed. Had I not horribly mangled hole 16 (and to a lesser extent hole 6) this one would have come down 18 with a few points in the balance. Alas, bunkers and 3-putts happened instead.
 Message #93667 - This was a reply to message #93664
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q, Oak V

Friday February 21, 2020 11:08 PM
t8fish vs FirstFlightFX-101 @ Oak Quarry

Kevin & Chuck played the Whites, Chuck was getting 8 strokes.

Hole winner/holes for the side. ** Stroke holes

Hole 1 Halve/Even
Hole 2 Halve/Even
Hole 3 Kevin/Kevin +1
Hole 4 Kevin/Kevin +2
Hole 5 Chuck/Kevin +1 **
hole 6 Halve/Kevin +1 **
Hole 7 Chuck/Even **
Hole 8 Halve/Even
Hole 9 Chuck/Chuck +1 **
Chuck wins the Front, +1 hole

Hole 10 Kevin/Kevin +1
Hole 11 Chuck/Even **
Hole 12 Kevin/Kevin +1
Hole 13 Chuck/Even **
Hole 14 Chuck/Chuck +1 **
Hole 15 Kevin/Even
Hole 16 Chuck/Chuck +1 **
Hole 17 Kevin/Even
Hole 18 Chuck/Chuck +1
Chuck wins the Back, +1 hole

• Points for Front 9: 1 - Chuck (+1 hole)
• Points for Back 9: 1 - Chuck (+1 hole)
• Points for Match: 1 - Chuck (2 Up)

Match Recap: 3 Points Chuck, 0 Points Kevin.

Folks, Kevin is a Gentleman and a scholar! When he found out that this was my first time at OakQ, he took me under his wing and pointed out the many features and obstacles to be aware of. We were having a match, and he was practically providing caddie advice! I was already planning on playing as smart a round as I could, but he helped make that much easier. Shot planning and club selection were, let's say...less doubtful and less stressful. Easier to walk up to that ball and more confidently execute a shot, all day.
We had cart availability delays of 20 minutes, and then a 1st hole delay of another 10 minutes until the starter waved us up. They were actually having some Club Car maintenance to thier fleet of carts! Still, we troopered on for a afternoon match that began in awesome conditions. However, the last three holes were brutal due to the storm front that moved in us, and to darkness. We actually got showers on the last 2 holes. 
This is usually where the real details about the match will come out...folks, I'm still not quite there yet to do that justice. Instead...
Kevin, I had a lot of fun, kudos to you as a golfer, a trooper and gentleman. Those last 3 holes were brutal, especially 18...
OakQ, I had a lot of fun. Got d%mn , this course is one he'll of a gem...
Mother Nature, can you please behave for the rest of my matches; winds at the first, and showers and darkness at the second...
And finally, to all GKer's that make all things GK happen, in any role or capacity, kudos to you...

*again, anyone still on the fence about joining GK Cup 15? Don't be, sign up sooner than later.
Cheers,
 Message #93673 - This was a reply to message #93251
t8fish
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

Saturday February 22, 2020 11:55 AM
A thanks to Chuck for write up, the round and being good company. Not my best day out there but Chuck did what he needed to do at the right times and earned his win. Didn't realize until the first hole that he'd never played OQ and was happy to see how much he appreciated the experience.

I've played two GK Cup matches at Oak Quarry, both times with newbies to the course, and lost both times. To make it worth my while, my caddy fee is going up.

Chuck, look for my invoice in the mail…

[[Edited by t8fish on Saturday February 22, 2020 11:59 AM]]
 Message #93680 - This was a reply to message #93673
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q, Oak V

Sunday February 23, 2020 9:16 PM
Sr714 vs FirstFlightFX-101 @ Tukwet Legends.
Steve & Chuck played the Blues, Chuck was getting 4 strokes.

Hole 1 Steve/Steve +1
Hole 2 Halve/Steve +1
Hole 3 Chuck/Even
Hole 4 Steve/Steve +1
Hole 5 Chuck/Even **
hole 6 Halve/Even
Hole 7 Chuck/Chuck +1 **
Hole 8 Halve/Chuck +1
Hole 9 Chuck/Chuck +2
Chuck wins the Front, 2 holes

Hole 10 Halve/Even
Hole 11 Chuck/Chuck +1 **
Hole 12 Steve/Even
Hole 13 Steve/Steve +1
Hole 14 Steve/Steve +2
Hole 15 Chuck/Steve +1
Hole 16 Halve/Steve +1
Hole 17 Halve/Steve +1
Hole 18 Halve/Steve +1 **
Steve wins the Back, 1 hole

• Point for Front 9: 1 - Chuck (by 2 holes)
• Point for Back 9: 1 - Steve (by 1 hole)
• Point for 18, Match: 1 - Chuck(1 Up)

Match Recap: 2 Points Chuck, 1 Point Steve.

Steve and I played a soggy version of Legends, after the rains the night before made for interesting play; especially from the fairway and greenside bunkers. These were more messy than tough, still, we found ourselves in these recovery bunker shots too often. Speaking of recovery shots, I think Steve would agree that recovery shots seemed be a theme to our round. I know that I was having to make more than usual, but, at least we were both able to capitalize on a good percentage of them.
This was a close match. I like the format, the whole round has suspense; but I really like how it ramps up even more for holes 7/8/9, as well as holes 16/17/18.
Steve is good golfer and friendly competitor. My guess, he has a good poker face, while being a friendly card player too ;-). Thanks to Steve for offering up a match and the venue...I like Tukwet, and want to see it in summer shape.
Cheers,
 Message #93682 - This was a reply to message #93251
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday February 24, 2020 1:48 PM
DeepSea14 wins the match against Alex326 at Carmel Valley Ranch on 2/24/2020
Alex got 1 point for the front 9 and Peter got two points total
1 point for the back 9 and 1 point for the overall.

[[Edited by Alex326 on Monday February 24, 2020 3:07 PM]]
 Message #93696 - This was a reply to message #93682
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Monday February 24, 2020 2:12 PM
Where?
When?
Nick having an aneurysm!!
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #93697 - This was a reply to message #93696
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Wednesday February 26, 2020 11:04 AM
Here's the rest of the story from Alex326 vs Deepsea14 Played at Carmel Valley Ranch 2/24/2020. Knowing it's going to be perfect weather makes travelling to the peninsula an easy decision.

Not wanting to be down 1/2 a point right away. I worked hard at getting my outfit right for our scheduled match. Bringing three possibilities in hopes of reaching up to the fashion level of my opponent. I choose red white and blue combo with my white footjoy pro sl's donning USA stars and stripes on the sides (limited edition). First day of 2020 in shorts so my shoes stood out nicely. Wore my link soul sweater top to start. Alex decked out in all white a light puffy jacket. The best dressed award was halfed as the starter determined we both had style. Had he known Alex's magenta golf shirt matched his water bottle I may have lost but I had my shoes and a red USA putter cover with embroidered eagle. Too close to call.

Ideal golfing temperatures and sunshine for our 9:10 start. We played alone as a twosome following 4 somes. Pace of play perfect for our match. Didn't see the group behind us and small waits on the tee boxes was ok for me being the first time playing here. POP 4.25 hrs.

Deepsea was getting 5 strokes a side winning two stroke holes on the front. On the back 9 won 4 of the stroke holes and match closed out before the 18th (#2 handicap) If your getting them might as well use them I say.

Brief match details * = stroke holes

Hole 1 Alex 1 UP
Hole 2 Peter AS
Hole 3* Peter 1 UP
Hole 4* Alex AS (#1 handicap) 10 foot birdie putt made by Alex. Birdie chain looked good with the colorful shirt!
Hole 5 Alex 1 UP
Hole 6* Peter AS Only par 5 on front Peter bogey
Hole 7 Halfed with regulation pars on the short (112 yd) 3 par
Hole 8* Alex 1 UP
Hole 9* Alex 2 UP

Hole 10* Peter 1 UP / 1 Down overall
Hole 11* Peter 2 UP / AS
Hole 12* Peter 3 UP / 1 UP Both hit great drive on in regulation. Alex wanted birdie as did I. Both bogeys with a stroke I won hole.
Hole 13 Halfed Lovely downhill par 3 probably two clubs less downhill tee shot into receptive green par/par
Hole 14 Alex 2 down / AS
Hole 15* Peter 3 UP / 1 UP bogey with a stroke
Hole 16 Halfed Peter wins back 3&2
Hole 17 Peter wins hole with bad but good enough golf to close overall match 2&1
Hole 18 Played it out without passion after my tee shot ducked into water. Alex 2nd shot struck off cart path into driving range.

Final tally Alex 1 point / Peter 2 points
 Message #93715 - This was a reply to message #93696

Listing 41 to 50 of 142 Replies

PAGES: 15 3 4 5 6 7

[ Community Page ]