GK Cup 16 Team Match Play
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 16 Team Match Play

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 30 of 60 Replies

PAGES: 6 1 2 3 4 5
dconnally
RE: GK Cup 16 Team Match Play

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday October 7, 2020 9:36 AM
Glad to hear Tom is healthy again after his knee problems last year.

[[Edited by dconnally on Wednesday October 7, 2020 10:09 AM]]
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #96530 - This was a reply to message #96529
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday October 7, 2020 10:02 AM
QUOTED  Tom Cho is interested in forming a team if anyone else wants to get in.

Super!

Tom's a blast to play with and great golfer. He made 4 birdies at GK Plays Reflection Bay look pretty easy. Was wearing out our Birdie Chain - lol
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #96531 - This was a reply to message #96529
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Wednesday October 7, 2020 7:48 PM
If Tom is still looking for a partner I will man up and loin in! Let me know and I will get paid up and make it official!
 Message #96537 - This was a reply to message #96531
tocho261
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    kj choi
Favorite Golf Course:
    the reserve

Wednesday October 7, 2020 10:25 PM
Thanks sbogey. Should be fun. Thanks for teaming up with me.
 Message #96538 - This was a reply to message #96537
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Wednesday October 7, 2020 11:23 PM
Nick, are we using this forum now to set up matches or would you prefer we do that through the email chain instead? I know the other thread is for results so I would love to still use this to throw out dates and times for potential matches, but I don't want to step on any toes. But if the purpose of this thread was for signups, and we've got that now, would be a great spot to throw out that kind of info.

Which is all a leadup into Marvin and I wanting to play a match on 10/18 (Sunday) and seeing who's down for that!
 Message #96539 - This was a reply to message #96538
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Thursday October 8, 2020 8:59 AM
Forum, e-mail, text... that is why participants have as much information as possible, to make it easy to facilitate matches.

Everyone. I have had good luck setting up GK Cup matches just sending a group e-mail to everyone playing. Saying I am available on these dates and in these general areas.

Usually get some matches set up or at least open dialogue for other possibilities. Especially important in a team match where you are trying to coordinate four players availability and course choice.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #96543 - This was a reply to message #96539
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Sunday October 11, 2020 11:24 PM
The match between myself and mcantos vs kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 will be played next week Sunday at Mountain Meadows.
 Message #96604 - This was a reply to message #96543
PokerGuy0826
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    TPC Sawgrass

Saturday October 17, 2020 1:20 PM
Sandrail05 & I are looking for a match on Saturday November 14th. If you're thinking about it, let me know and we can try to find a central locale and get things rolling. Thanks guys!!
 Message #96661 - This was a reply to message #95750
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Tuesday October 20, 2020 6:38 AM
PokerGuy0826/Sandrail05 v. dconnally/Nickesquire scheduled for 11/14 @ Sierra Lakes.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #96676 - This was a reply to message #96661
kassper7
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    It varies
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry

Tuesday October 20, 2020 3:38 PM
Couple of questions about a match I had. I'm looking for level headed, spirit of the GK Cup, kind of advice. Generally my matches go in a way that nothing comes close to questionable - we are all pretty easy going about making this fair more than 100% letter of the law.

Scenario 1: My opponents are talking about the semi blind shot one of them has and the helping team mate puts down an alignment stick to point the direction that he feels the shot should be played. I say "hey! no using alignment sticks on the course". They pick it up without complaint. Does anyone think I don't understand the rules correctly? If I was right in how the rules are written, was it nonetheless uncool to say something? Would anyone consider going farther than I did?

Scenario 2: Last hole - half a point on the line. A player cannot find his approach well short of the green in the rough. While he is looking the rest of us play our shots to the green and putt out. He is still looking - this has to be far far past the 3-5 minutes time allowed to look for a ball - so much so that I think it's more likely that he will not even play the hole and let the group behind us play their shots to the green as they look like they are about to hit (they probably don't know one of us is still playing the hole). Instead, he finally gives up, and drops in the area he feels the ball might have been lost and plays the hole from there. He adds a shot to his score for the drop and this is the difference between winning and tying the hole. What if he had found the ball at the last second? No penalty? I would have argued against it. Only one penalty stroke for the drop that was taken? While this is how I would play the hole recreationally, I would also have done a drop much sooner in the spirit of keeping play moving and knowing that it was against the rules of golf. In this case, an argument was avoided because it worked out, but I'd like to hear about any other lost ball/nearly lost ball scenarios you've dealt with in a GK cup match. I can remember occasions where we found someone's ball after a while and let them play it so I see and support a bit of leeway on search time.
 Message #96683 - This was a reply to message #96676

Listing 21 to 30 of 60 Replies

PAGES: 6 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]