Domestic dispute
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Domestic dispute

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
FirstFlightFX-101
Domestic dispute
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 17, 2021 3:36 PM
You never know what someone's going through, until you walk in their shoes. In this case, flip flops and the front yard.
A neighbor's cat started it, almost a week ago. You come out your front door and find the neighbor cat stalking a fresh golpher hole. d%mn the golpher, and bless the cat(get 'em for me 'Whiskers')! A day or two later and lots more golpher holes. I fix these daily while tending and watering the yard.

Next day, more holes and they are on 3 sides of the yard...only now, a new cat is doing the stalking. This ain't no neighbor cat, this is an alley cat. I don't think this cat has ever, ever, ever, had a bath! I approach him to shoo him off...he don't move and he never breaks eye contact...I'm concerned. I take two steps at a time and pause...wondering what he's thinking and how close to I have to get before he, shoo's away, like a normal cat. All I want is for him to flinch and run off, so I can tend to the holes. Instead, I'm flinching! I go get a shovel cause I'll need it anyway, and again, I don't know what he's thinkin. The sight of the shovel did it, but he walked away as comfortable as can be with his back to me, no flinching. d%mn cat.
So I'm tending the holes on one side of the yard, and the golpher is digging out on the other side. So I quickly set a trap to that hole, and tend the other holes. He displaces my trap with dirt. This happens the next day, but on a different side of the yard...a different battle front. This may be the daddy golpher and not some new offspring, as he's probably been around the block and smarter than the average critter. He toying and taunting me.
So today, I 'shovel shoo' Mr. Alleycat first, and set my trap, only to watch it get displaced as usual. So I get an idea, long forgotten, to bait the trap with vanilla extract. A few drops on a Q-tip, placed at the end of a set trap. A watched pot never boils...the good sign is he's not displacing the trap. About an hour later, wham! I have trouble pulling the trap up cause this golpher is huge! He's not daddy, he's grandpa!
I'm feeling just a little more powerful today, after using a Q-tip and a baking ingredient. My wife is pleased that she now doesn't have to hear me talk and man'splain about golpher trapping for now. All is well again at FirstFlight's house.
 Message #99261
Itslikeimsayin
RE: Domestic dispute
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Thursday June 17, 2021 4:39 PM
"Okay let's do the same but with gophers." -- Carl Spackler
 Message #99262 - This was a reply to message #99261
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Thursday June 17, 2021 7:53 PM
"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote." - Carl S.

CHEERS !

Fur would make a nice pair of mitts. Maybe some jerky.
 Message #99263 - This was a reply to message #99262
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Thursday June 17, 2021 8:02 PM
A custom ugly putter cover! ;-) rawhide!
 Message #99264 - This was a reply to message #99263
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Thursday June 17, 2021 8:29 PM
What type of trap are you using? We have been waging war on the gophers here as well but so far they are winning. We have tried black sunflower seeds (they are supposed to be poison to them) and bubble gum (they swell up in their bellies and kill them) and though it slows them down they are still winning the war!
 Message #99265 - This was a reply to message #99264
FirstFlightFX-101

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Thursday June 17, 2021 9:09 PM
The large Victor, mouse trap style, golpher trap.
Keep after it Steve, just don't get so frustrated, that you are tempted to break out the 38 special!
 Message #99266 - This was a reply to message #99265
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Saturday July 17, 2021 8:14 AM
Gophers, ground squirrels or some kind of little burrowing varmint has taken up residence in our front yard.

My wife went and purchased some "gopher bombs". Basically useless, all they do is move over a few ft. and dig more tunnels after I bomb an active tunnel.

So now my wife is doing the little Gopher dance from Caddy Shack ever time she looks out the window and see's another mound. Calling me "Carl" and saying it is now 6-0 in their favor, since 6 Gopher bombs have done little to get rid of the little f%@k ers.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #99482 - This was a reply to message #99266
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Saturday July 17, 2021 10:18 AM
Its not good to mess with any poison. Call a professional. They will handle it one and done.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #99483 - This was a reply to message #99482
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday July 19, 2021 7:33 AM
Six pack and a .22!
 Message #99492 - This was a reply to message #99261
sr129
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    goose creek

Monday July 19, 2021 8:57 PM
I get them once and awhile and I have little t-handled probe and some poison pellets you can stick into the tunnels. It takes several tries but its really effective. Pretty sure I got it at home depot a few years back
 Message #99497 - This was a reply to message #99492

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]