Discussions in Pro Corner - Talking about Tour Stuff!
Moderated By JohnnyGK, Paisano, ringworld

Forums
Golfing
Pro Corner - Talking about Tour Stuff!
Ryder Cup
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Ryder Cup

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 27 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
msherer260
Ryder Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday September 8, 2021 3:27 PM
Looks good on American side only one question would be Daniel Berger? I still would like to see the top 10 ranked and only 2 Captains picks, but that is me.
 Message #100016
24hourgolf
RE: Ryder Cup
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnold Palmer/My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Lahinch

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday September 8, 2021 3:43 PM
I would like to see them learn how to play 4 ball and alternate shot. Every year its the same old BS. They think they will win in singles. Look what happened to the LPGA. Maybe between now and the first tee time they should be practicing 4 ball and alternate shot. And perhaps they ALL should check their egos at the door of the clubhouse at Whistling Straits.
 Message #100017 - This was a reply to message #100016
msherer260

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday September 8, 2021 6:50 PM
The most dangerous game....alternate shot golf....I have played with zero handicap players that melted trying to play some of my shots, almost brought tears to their eyes to look at the 80 on the score card. Hard to practice alternate shot for pros, they have to really be in the same mind set with their partner that day....for pros even using the other players ball can make a huge difference starting on the first tee.
 Message #100020 - This was a reply to message #100017
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnold Palmer/My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Lahinch

Wednesday September 8, 2021 7:48 PM
The European teams have no problem with it. So don't make excuses for these pros. Jack Arnie Lee etc never had a problem with it.
 Message #100021 - This was a reply to message #100020
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Wednesday September 8, 2021 9:23 PM
I love the Ryder Cup. I would rank it just above the Masters, then US Open. British Open, PGA championship, Players, Olympics, etc. But I have always been a team sports guy. So when you take golf and put it in a team format where you are playing for more than just yourself you have must see TV.

Hope our guys can win this one. I believe Europe has taken 7 of the last 9 cups.

Any pairings you like for the US side, predictions, overall thoughts?

Looking forward to it. Wish it was every year.

Go USA
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #100022 - This was a reply to message #100021
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Wednesday September 8, 2021 9:57 PM
I would rather go to war with Patrick Reed on my side than Harris English. Think I would take Webb Simpson over Daniel Berger as well.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #100023 - This was a reply to message #100022
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnold Palmer/My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Lahinch

Thursday September 9, 2021 4:56 AM
I would have liked to had Kevin Na on the team.
 Message #100024 - This was a reply to message #100023
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday September 9, 2021 6:05 AM
Sorry, but I'm a Team Europe supporter. The personalities on Team Europe are so much more enjoyable to get behind. Ian Poulter, Team Moliwood, Rory, etc. They all embrace the Team atmosphere and have FUN playing. USA takes a strategic X's and O's concept (this player is better than that player etc) and it just doesn't work. Patrick Reed talked about pairing up with a partner and feeding off of each other. Europe does this 10x better than US which is why they come out on top all of the time.

The definition of a team is the sum is greater that the parts totaled. Team Europe understands this which is why the heavily underdog (on world ranking paper) defeated the US team.

the opening tee introduction in 2018 showed it all. European players were hugging each other and laughing during the introduction of their team while the US players were standing 10' apart and waving to the crowd with the "look at me" attitude. Until that changes, Team Europe will continue to come out on top.

And if my wife and I (at a combined 45+ handicap) can figure out how to play alternate shot, then a couple of top 10 world ranking pro's BETTER be able to figure it out.
 Message #100025 - This was a reply to message #100024
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Thursday September 9, 2021 7:14 AM
QUOTED  I would have liked to had Kevin Na on the team.

Same I like the swagger he has.
 Message #100026 - This was a reply to message #100024
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Thursday September 9, 2021 8:01 AM
QUOTED  Sorry, but I'm a Team Europe supporter.

Confess you just like the teams outfits better.

I'll go with the red, white, and blue.

QUOTED  And if my wife and I (at a combined 45+ handicap) can figure out how to play alternate shot, then a couple of top 10 world ranking pro's BETTER be able to figure it out.

For sure. The mind of a pro we will never know. For the USA it's been a decades long (longer?) issue. Will it ever get better?
I recall the Red Sox team of prima donnas one season. 25 major leaguers taking 25 separate cabs to the ball park on away games.
That was one scribes writings.
 Message #100027 - This was a reply to message #100025

Listing 1 to 10 of 27 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]