TIGER & TOM Goats of their sports
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: TIGER & TOM Goats of their sports

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1
Deepsea14
TIGER & TOM Goats of their sports
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday November 14, 2021 1:21 PM
For whom do you cheer for?

When Woods dominated his sport and Brady his did you root for them always or the underdog?

For example, today TB losing to Washington.

I was cheering for them at 2-6 to take down the 6-2 Bucs like I did when Tiger was coming down the stretch close and an underdog had a chance to take one away from him. Looking for the excitement of the upset instead of the favorite.

No disrespect intended. I just have a tendency to root for the unexpected or the upset vs. the favorite in most any sporting contest.
 Message #100841
FirstFlightFX-101
RE: TIGER & TOM Goats of their sports
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Sunday November 14, 2021 5:31 PM
I have to admit to liking the underdog too; unless, the champ or GOAT they are challenging, is truly a veteran/senior/journeyman...then, I find myself identifying with and tilting the other way. The stakes and the competition for it, of course, is the best part.
 Message #100842 - This was a reply to message #100841
zachary

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Paul Goydos
Favorite Golf Course:
    Industry Hills

Sunday November 14, 2021 7:14 PM
I cheer for tiger and couldn’t wait to see him hit the shots he did. He will be missed. Brady on the other hand, is not on my team I cheer for, so I do not cheer from him. Big difference in my opinion, between a team sport and an individual sport like golf. Most follow a team, not a player.
 Message #100845 - This was a reply to message #100841
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday November 16, 2021 2:40 AM
So I didn’t follow/play golf when Tiger was in his prime and dominating, so I can’t comment on that aspect. I don’t particularly like the Patriots (sorry Peter) due to their shenanigans they’ve pulled over the years, so I’ve always rooted for the other team. That and I’m a HUGE Payton Manning fan so I always cheered for him. I don’t think Payton qualifies for being an underdog.

I do lean towards cheering for the underdog in team sports. I was a buccaneers fan of sort back in the 80’s and 90’s because they were always the underdog. Yet in golf I tend to do the opposite and cheer on my favorite PGA & LPGA players. But being there isn’t a dominant player on tour right now, I wouldn’t say anyone is an underdog.
 Message #100856 - This was a reply to message #100845

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]