Another move...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Another move...

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1
sbarajasjr
Another move...
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Lee Trevino
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday November 19, 2021 7:59 AM
Hello GK family, instead of trying to text each of the amazing friends I have made on here, I wanted to share my news on here so everyone who I have ever had the pleasure of teeing it up with can know. My wife (yes, I got married on top of everything else this year) and I are on the move once again from near Sedona, AZ to Gresham, OR right around the start of 2022. I have enjoyed the time here in AZ, mostly because I have gotten to enjoy three of the nicest courses (visually) I have golfed at just 20 mins from my house, made a few more friends in the PHX area, and have gotten to truly experience desert golf at its finest, many times with GK members (Quintero, Grayhawk, We-Ko-Pa, Ak-Chin, etc.). This move will now put me close to Pumpkin Ridge (about 30 mins away) and a slew of other courses to enjoy when it's not pouring down rain. I want to thank every single GK member who came out to Arizona for a match, to golf with me generally, or who chose to stay in contact despite my move from So. Cal to AZ. Get ready to see some Oregon course reviews in 2022!
 Message #100887
Alex326
RE: Another move...
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Friday November 19, 2021 8:05 AM
Congratulations, Sal! Glad we were able to meet up and play Sedona before you moved. Don't be afraid to hit me up if you want to come "south" to Nor Cal for a round or two.
 Message #100888 - This was a reply to message #100887
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Friday November 19, 2021 8:38 AM
Dang that makes it harder to play a Match! I spent a summer in Southern Washington in 2009 and there is a bunch of fun courses for example 2 hours from you in Lacey, WA is Hawks Prairie. They were fantastic courses One Links style one Woodland style. Another was Three Rivers Golf Course which is about 1 hour from you in Kelso WA
 Message #100890 - This was a reply to message #100888
abbacat

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Friday November 19, 2021 8:40 AM
Congratulations, Sal!
Hopefully i can make it up there someday and we can play.
I'm so glad we were able to get together in AZ.
 Message #100891 - This was a reply to message #100888
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Friday November 19, 2021 8:47 AM
Congrats Sal! Plenty of good golf courses to explore around Portlandia. You will likely be the first GK review on most of them since I moved south in 2014.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #100892 - This was a reply to message #100891
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Friday November 19, 2021 11:00 AM
Congratulations and good luck, Sal!
 Message #100898 - This was a reply to message #100892
1PLUS1

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Friday November 19, 2021 11:37 PM
Congratulations Sal...best wishes to you and your wife! Be prepared for a 'different' type of golf in the Pacific Northwest; not only will the cacti disappear, but also yards of rollout on your tee shots.

We only got to play together one time (GK Event @ Indian Wells) but I swear I never laughed so much during...and after...a round of golf in my life. You've got a great personality so you should have no trouble making new golf friends. Wishing you good health and much success in all you do moving forward.

Jeff
 Message #100911 - This was a reply to message #100887
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Saturday November 20, 2021 7:29 AM
Another golf frontier / environment to explore and master Sal. Congrats and good luck there!

My daughter lives in Sisters OR. I was pleasantly surprised at the quantity and quality of the area courses there.

Haven't played there yet though.
 Message #100915 - This was a reply to message #100911
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday November 20, 2021 11:57 AM
Wow! She made an honest man out of ya eh? Congratulations! Remember! Happy wife happy life!
 Message #100923 - This was a reply to message #100887
sbarajasjr
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Lee Trevino
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday November 24, 2021 11:28 AM
Thank you all for the great well-wishes!

Alex, you already know I want to get another shot at both Spanish Bay as well as Spyglass.

Matt, thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out for sure and you know you (along with anyone else here) are welcome to come up and I will gladly have a match and take a birdie chain if you have one around your neck!

Wendy, great to finally be able to golf last month and I hope you do indeed make your way up there and we can hit up Pumpkin Ridge!

Nick, you are correct in that there is plenty to explore and I am ready to do so.

Mark, thank you very much and hope to see you soon.

Jeff, long time no speak and I definitely remember that outing at IW; too much fun on a course with you and Mark trying to hold back some of the laughs from the shenanigans with Nat and I. All the best to you good sir!

Peter, sorry we haven't yet teed it up but when I take up Alex on his NorCal offer, you better come out and join so we can finally get on the course together.

Jim, she has made an honest man of me. She still talks about meeting you at Torrey and you better answer my texts when I visit my folks in SD so we can go take on Balboa again.

You guys are the best!
 Message #100966 - This was a reply to message #100923

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]