YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: MASTERS 2022

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 25 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
JohnnyGK
MASTERS 2022

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday April 7, 2022 9:13 AM
Thoughts?
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #101802
dconnally
RE: MASTERS 2022

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Thursday April 7, 2022 9:52 AM
Watching the feed this morning - great coverage.

My impression compared to other years is that they have the cameras down lower - really gives a better sense of the elevation changes of the grounds and the slopes of the greens.

Much more so than when shots from the towers are used.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #101804 - This was a reply to message #101802
weber
GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    tournament Club of Iowa

Thursday April 7, 2022 12:06 PM
Watched 5 hours of Sportscenter at the Masters and saw EVERY shot of Tigers. Other than replays, saw almost nothing of the other players. What a joke. I realize that Tiger moves the needle, but at least pretend to provide coverage of the tournament instead of the "Tiger Show" If the full coverage from ESPN does the same, I will pass of watching the rest of the Masters. I know this will generate responses from the Tiger Lovers, but they are not even covering the leaders?

[[Edited by weber on Thursday April 7, 2022 12:23 PM]]
 Message #101810 - This was a reply to message #101804
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Thursday April 7, 2022 12:16 PM
QUOTED  What a joke.

I agree thats why I watch the masters website coverage
 Message #101811 - This was a reply to message #101810
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Thursday April 7, 2022 12:40 PM
QUOTED 
QUOTED  What a joke.

I agree thats why I watch the masters website coverage

Concur
masters.com
The way to go many options. Open a few different tabs excellent imo.
Woods was in the woods a few times. Freddie still has hair and it's white as snow. Ireland was on top of the leaderboard early with Padraig.
World #1 will be a factor. What else is anyone picking up on Day1?

Like it love it watching more of it.
Will motivate me to hook up the 27" HD monitor

and Tiger has a working man's red number day.
Impressive

[[Edited by Deepsea14 on Thursday April 7, 2022 12:55 PM]]

[[Edited by Deepsea14 on Thursday April 7, 2022 1:27 PM]]
 Message #101812 - This was a reply to message #101811
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Thursday April 7, 2022 3:21 PM
Victor Hovlands pant color matched the azaleas

good style choice execution not so much on the 4th shot 13th

Mr. IM starts in the red and stays there ALL DAY LONG Worthy of a shout out!

Tony Finau gets around ok He didn't turn his ankle over in the Par 3 this year. Smart

[[Edited by Deepsea14 on Thursday April 7, 2022 4:53 PM]]
 Message #101834 - This was a reply to message #101812
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Friday April 8, 2022 11:46 AM
Guess it depends on which feed you watched? I only watched the cable coverage that came on at noon, when Tiger was almost finished with his round. I was actually surprised that they were only showing Tiger hi-lites about hourly, not between every single commercial break. MUCH more live coverage than I would have suspected considering some of the morning names who they could not show live.

Two comments...

First, count me in the group that would rather see all 71 of Tigers Thursday shots over almost any shot from many players in the field.

Second, for those that want to see the "leaders"... you do realize that a good many of the players who spent time on the Thursday morning leaderboard will not even make it to Saturday's play, correct?

I'm sure cable will show every single Tiger shot live today, when he is playing late.

Masters traditions? I scored for Ian Woosnam a few years ago @ Sherwood in a Sr. event. He said that even though he would be eligible to play until age 65 that he would soon quit playing in the Masters. Why? Because the course was just too long and there was no way he could compete anymore. Basically that it would take two great rounds at his current level just to have any chance of making the cut. Have to respect that, because there are some former champions 25+ years past their prime who could follow that lead.

Some of you are probably too young to remember when they let the former Masters champions play as long as they wanted. If they shoot 80+ more than occasionally, they should probably not be allowed in the field any more. But it was worse than that. There were guys who could not break 90 still playing every year before they enacted the age 65 rule. Even a report than one former Master champ actually shot a 104 that was so bad they quit listing his score with the walking scorer? That is not playing, that is embarrassing that they would still be teeing it up as a former Masters champion in the Masters playing that way.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #101844 - This was a reply to message #101834
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Friday April 8, 2022 7:15 PM
The Masters is like the Tour de France, it's on every TV, smart phone, iPad for 24/7 during the entirety of the event. Tiger coming back for the Masters as his first tournament in 14 months after his crash and after winning it in 2019, of course they are going to show every shot of his first round. That's a given, especially when he was playing well and finished -1. Come Sunday and if he's pack fodder and they are still showing every shot of Tiger's and not the leaders, then I have an issue.

QUOTED  Victor Hovlands pant color matched the azaleas

Those were awesome!
 Message #101852 - This was a reply to message #101834
Deepsea14

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Saturday April 9, 2022 11:08 AM
QUOTED 
QUOTED  Victor Hovlands pant color matched the azaleas

Those were awesome!

Been watching into third day. Still looking for the first glimpse of Link Soul gear.
Missed Bubba on the web feed of hole 4,5,6. Catch him on Amen corner.
Did Bubba custom order some colors to go with his green jackets(S) for the Champions dinner?

IMO if you can eat at that table (with your real teeth) you can play. Freddie and Larry Mize both have seats there and welcome to tee it up. Watching on-line I tab over to recall the details of the local legend Larry Mize's only major win. Larry took out Greg Norman with the chip in on 11 in the playoff after Seve took himself out with a benign 10th hole bogey vs two pars. Take a look the shot Larry chipped in availible on-line as you watch today's pros play that hole many missing right.
He wants to play 40 Masters? If he sends in the paperwork he has a tee time as long as he wants.

Right now 11am PT Saturday Tiger is in 4th place among the green jackets wearers who made the cut.

Yesterdays notes:
JT wakes up plays well.
Speith has 12 on the wrong side of the mental game. Dunking 2 balls.
Fitzpatrick chips left hand low on 15th Friday. "helps deaden the roll" announcer said
Freddie made every cut at Augusta from 1983-2008. Until the ALL the amateurs beat him some year he has a golden ticket to tee it up.

That is all. Enjoy the game.

[[Edited by Deepsea14 on Saturday April 9, 2022 12:04 PM]]
 Message #101859 - This was a reply to message #101852
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday April 9, 2022 3:59 PM
Fear the mullet.
 Message #101860 - This was a reply to message #101859

Listing 1 to 10 of 25 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]