The Flamingo Greens in Palm Desert
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: The Flamingo Greens in Palm Desert

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
Itslikeimsayin
The Flamingo Greens in Palm Desert
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Jon Rahm
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday April 19, 2022 12:34 AM
Stopped by on Sunday morning to check out the giant, new putting course at Shadow Mountain Golf Club in Palm Desert. It was designed by architect Jay Blasi and is called The Flamingo Greens. Unlike other putting courses I've played, this is not segmented out into individual hole corridors. The whole thing is one mammoth-sized putting green full of humps, bumps, and moguls that make it tons of fun. (No cheesy bunkers or water hazards for those who remember "The Greens" in Irvine and/or Valencia.) Only $5 to use it for as long as you want. On Easter Sunday, I was the only person out there and stuck around for about 45 minutes. We should form a group to head out there and play some money games. Would be so much fun.

Here are some pics:
https://flickr.com/photos/24952137@N00/albums/72177720298222263

If it looks huge, it's because it is! I'd estimate it's about 140 yards long by 40 yards wide.

[[Edited by Itslikeimsayin on Tuesday April 19, 2022 12:39 AM]]
 Message #101940
AndrewZ28
RE: The Flamingo Greens in Palm Desert
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    La Purisima

Tuesday April 19, 2022 8:17 AM
That's awesome! I love putting greens so that looks like a slice of heaven to me
 Message #101941 - This was a reply to message #101940
kurator62

GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday April 25, 2022 11:05 AM
It just looks like One giant putting green as stated . I prefer the ones that are the individual holes. There s one at Mountain Vista in Sun City.
 Message #101987 - This was a reply to message #101940
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Monday April 25, 2022 12:25 PM
Looks like a much flatter version of "The Himalayas" putting course laid out beside the regular putting green @ St. Andrews, the Old Course.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #101988 - This was a reply to message #101987
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Jon Rahm
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Monday April 25, 2022 12:52 PM
QUOTED  It just looks like One giant putting green as stated . I prefer the ones that are the individual holes. There s one at Mountain Vista in Sun City.

I think if you tried this, you'd quickly see why it's far better than those putting courses with the individual holes. All these humps bring so much creativity into play. There are multiple routes you can take to get to/near a hole.
 Message #101989 - This was a reply to message #101987

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]