Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By JohnnyGK

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
What are your annual golfing stats?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What are your annual golfing stats?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 30 of 30 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
weber
RE: What are your annual golfing stats?

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    tournament Club of Iowa

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday December 30, 2019 1:34 PM
2019 was a down year for me, in fact statistically far and away the poorest year for almost as long as I've been tracking golf stats. As of 12/30/19, played 335 rounds of golf (18 holes rounds), which is the lowest in over 20 years. 151 away rounds and 184 at the two Coto courses. While my stroke average did not change all that much, a few key stats put everything in perspective:

I have averaged almost 1 birdie per round for as long as I can remember. However this year I have made just 187 birdies in 335 rounds. This ties into the next stat which is I used to average about 8.3 greens in regulation per round. This year I am barely over 6. (Plus the fact that I have to hit so many more woods into greens than before)

For the first time since I moved to California in 1970, I did NOT play any new California golf courses. The only real positive for me this year golf wise was I was able to complete my goal of playing golf in all 50 states when I played at Settlers Bay in Alaska in July.

But 2020 is right around the corner and I am writing off 2019, with hopes that 2020 allows me to start fresh and try to regain some lost form.

[[Edited by weber on Monday December 30, 2019 1:36 PM]]
 Message #93068 - This was a reply to message #93067
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Monday December 30, 2019 2:08 PM
Weber, Nickesquire, Sixpez, RGM2525 and 24hrgolf are my GK golf idols when it comes to rounds played and traveling......

TOP new courses played in 2019:
1. Rams Hill
2. Indian Wells Celebrity

(was excited to play Desert Willow Firecliff and Saticoy CC for just the second time ever!!)

As you can see I am a creature of habit and with my teaching I just don't have the time to venture much at least not this last year. Hope to play more new courses this next year!

Total new courses played: 2

Total courses played: 14

Total 18 hole rounds played: 52

Courses played the most: Rustic Canyon 13, Olivas Links 11, Soule Park 8

Best scores on a regulation 18 hole course: 69 Olivas Links(Blues), 70 Rustic Canyon(Blues)

Worst scores on a regulation 18 hole course: 81 Saticoy CC(Blues)--- (felt like a 91), Rustic Canyon 82(Blues)

Highest handicap GK scoretracker 0.2 (April 2019)

Lowest handicap GK scoretracker -1.4 (December 2019)

Memorable moments: Any and all golf rounds with friends.

Goals: Improve mid/long iron play, play more golf with friends, have fun, stay healthy.

Happy 2020 to all GKer's.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #93069 - This was a reply to message #93067
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Monday December 30, 2019 4:47 PM
QUOTED  While my stroke average did not change all that much, a few key stats put everything in perspective:

Preaching to the choir Tom. While my average score has been pretty consistent from when I started using Scoretracker in 2007 through 2019, the way I arrive at that end result has certaintly changed.

In that 12 year period, like you, my GIR's are down nearly 2 per round. Fairways down almost 1 per round. Which is even worse considering I am at least 25 yards shorter than I was in 2007... 25 yards shorter AND in the rough more = no good!

However, my scrambling stats have consistently improved with age, as has my putting at least until a recent putting slump that is now approaching 6 months. Get it up/down at a higher % than I used to. Putts per round also down from 2007 to present. Hitting more greens back then is part of that. But I feel like I'm a better putter overall today than I was back in the day, as evidenced by the following 6 year trend:

2014: 103 rounds played, 2.10 putts per GIR, 32.36 putts per round, 19% save %
2015: 186 rounds played, 2.08 putts per GIR, 32.28 putts per round, 19% save %
2016: 199 rounds played, 2.06 putts per GIR, 32.00 putts per round, 20% save %
2017: 113 rounds played, 2.00 putts per GIR, 31.05 putts per round, 23% save % *Changed putters this year
2018: 150 rounds played, 1.99 putts per GIR, 30.95 putts per round, 24% save %
2019: 131 rounds played, 2.06 putts per GIR, 32.03 putts per round, 20% save %

My scoring average over full 18 hole rounds has not deviated more than +/- 1 stroke from year to year in over a decade. 2018 a stroke lower than 2019... almost exactly the difference in my putting stats those 2 years. Not a coinsidence that my save % went up as my putting numbers went down.

One thing that is consistent about my Scoretracker stats after over 1200 rounds posted is that I average 16.09 putts on each side. 32.18 has been my overall putts per round average from 2007-present. It was around 33 putts per round in 2007 and my all-time best was slightly under 31 putts per round for 2018.

GIR's and Fairways close for front/back but not exactly the same.

My average round used to be generally pleasing looking from tee to green and the total end round number would often be inflated by a few wild shots and too many 3 putts. Now I play more Seve golf because the birdie opportunities aren't what they once were. But thankfully I hole more putts than I used to.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Thursday January 9, 2020 4:33 AM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #93070 - This was a reply to message #93068
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday January 1, 2020 10:13 AM
I was going to post this a few days ago but didn't want to follow Gary with my yearly stats! Worst scores 81 & 82?! I can only dream. Best scores of 69 & 70 is very impressive.

My stats are a bit more down to earth.

Rounds with Sub 80 scores : 3 (all in May at 3 different courses)
Rounds with score over 100: 3 (2x in January, 1 in March)

Total courses played 51, coincidentally I had 52 birdies for the year (it was a bad year for putting

New courses played: 15

Rounds played with a Different GKer outside of GK plays/Guru outings: 8

New outfits debuted in 2019: No, I didn't actually keep track of that, but probably will for 2020!

Top 5 most memorable rounds of 2019:

84 at Pebble Beach. Just an all around fun day. My Friends and I were all having a blast. as were the caddies with the bantering and joking. The 9 pars (at Pebble no less) just helped solidify a memorable day!

Birdie Bling Battle at Cascata! Scores were irrelevant. The only two things that counted were fun and birdies! Johnny and I wrestled the Birdie Chain from each other twice before Matts dad sank a 50 footer drop the mic/putter birdie on the 18th to walk off with the prize! So much fun!

82 at The Glass. Two birdies total and shot even par on the back 9. The irons were like lasers all day. A bad decision out of the rough on hole four for a triple bogey ended up costing me a sub 80 round.

80 at Hunter Ranch - A 3 birdie day with a good friend on another fun filled relaxed day. My birdie putt on 18 for a 79 missed by a an inch. Again, more about the company than the score.

GK Cup loss to DeepSea14- I had been wanting to play Yocha Dehe for a long time and the course didn't disappoint. A great match where both players played well. Match came down to the last putt and Peter shined under pressure. The saying "drive for show; putt for dough" never rang more true than it did that day!

So looking forward to 2020!

[[Edited by Alex326 on Wednesday January 1, 2020 3:45 PM]]
 Message #93080 - This was a reply to message #93070
chevelle

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Wednesday January 1, 2020 10:37 AM
Mine are down to earth also.
Zero new courses played
95 rounds
1 in the 70s. (78 at goose creek) had a shot at 2 more but blew it on #18 and shot 80 both times
50 in the 80s
43 in the 90
1 in the 100 ( 105 at Los serrano south)
Average score 89.9
2 eagles
Forgot to count birdies
 Message #93081 - This was a reply to message #93080
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday January 3, 2020 11:17 AM
Cool thread. I’m not big on stats, wish I was.
I think I only played less than 70 rounds in 2019, and that may be just a few rounds more than 2018.
One new course I played in September was Bethpage black and it was truly a great! There were a few other courses in LI we played but after playing the big course they’re nothing to talk about.
The best part of my golfing in 2019 has been about my clarity in understanding my golf swing. Thanks to jimvenetosgolfacademy.com .

Hoping to be healthier and stronger so I can play more golf this year!
JVGA
 Message #93105 - This was a reply to message #93069
colby022002

Favorite Golfer:
    Tony Finau
Favorite Golf Course:
    Sand Hollow -Championship

Friday January 3, 2020 1:39 PM
2019 Golf Stats-

Total Rounds Played - 45
Courses Played in 2019: # Of times played
7 new courses played - NEW COURSES ARE UNDERLINED
Lowest Handicap 2019- 16.1
Highest Handicap 2019 - 21.1
Most memorable moment- Hole #3 Eagle Glen on 7/21/19 (My birthday) I hit in for eagle from 148 yards out on the par 5. ON MY B-DAY! Best birthday gift ever, came from my younger brother up in heaven!
Worst Moment of 2019- Playing at San Dimas in what was over 6 hours to play 13 holes behind a tournament of beginners. 108 degrees out and got sunburned as well as shot the worst round of the year all in one day. NEVER WILL BE BACK TO SAN DIMAS AFTER THAT.
**I also was fortunate enough to go to 1 GK cup event at Oak Creek In Irvine CA and got to meet Johnny who is the nicest person I have ever met! **

Favorite course of 2019- Conestoga
Least Favorite of 2019- San Dimas Canyon
Most Challenging played in 2019- Wolf Creek/ Oak Valley (Tie)
Least Challenging played in 2019 - Upland Hills / Dos Lagos
Best Conditions of any course played in 2019 - (Marriott Desert Springs Valley)
Worst conditions of any course played in 2019 - (Azusa Greens)

Hidden Valley- 4
Dos Lagos- 4
Eagle Glen - 2
Mountain Meadows - 1
El Prado (Chino Creek) - 1
Marshall Canyon- 2
Indian Canyons (South) - 1
Cross Creek- 1
Industry Hills (Zaharias) - 1
Escena - 1
Morongo Tukwet Legends - 1
Morongo Tukwet Champions - 1
Wolf Creek - 1
Conestoga - 1
Sand Hollow( Championship) - 1
Oasis (Palmer) - 1
Upland Hills - 1
Glen Ivy - 2
Links at Summerly -2
Oak Valley Golf Club - 1
Oak Quarry Golf Club - 4
Sierra Lakes - 4
San Dimas Canyon - 1
Marriott Desert Springs (Valley ) - 1
Silverrock Resort - 1
Brookside (Koiner) - 1

Azusa Greens - 1
Spring Valley Golf Club (Colorado) - 1
Oak Creek - 1

[[Edited by colby022002 on Friday January 3, 2020 1:43 PM]]
 Message #93109 - This was a reply to message #81763
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Monday January 6, 2020 7:32 PM
2019:
Total rounds: 74 (all time high)
New courses: 14
Total courses: 34
Handicap change: dropped 3

Top 5 new courses:
1. Grizzly Ranch
2. Rams Hill
3. DragonRidge CC
4. Edgewood Tahoe
5. CanyonGate CC

Low score: 84 (14 over, Angel Park Palm, personal best included 5 three putts!)
High score: 112 (North Shore - Orlando, my excuse it was after a night out at Universal CityWalk which almost resulted in a medical call)

Favorite memory: introducing the Birdie Chain during the #gt2k19-Orlando buddies trip and seeing it take off. Added a lot of fun to the rounds. Now, to get everyone to join in the Birdie Juice shots. Well, not all the time, some of you drop birdies on the regular and I have to drive home.

Most improved: Driving. Once my weakest part, but 1 year into the fitted clubs and the driver is the most comfortable club in the bag.

[[Edited by rob1563 on Monday January 6, 2020 9:47 PM]]
 Message #93126 - This was a reply to message #93109
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q, Oak V

Monday January 6, 2020 11:06 PM
2019:
Played 40 rounds(most in a calendar year for me).
Estimate I finally surpassed 300 lifetime rounds, in 2019.
Finally posted a scorecard without a three-putt on it.
Finally posted a scorecard with less than 30 putts total(29 putts).
Posted a personal best round of +16
New courses: Coyote Hills, Jurupa Hills, Arrowhead CC, River Oaks, General Old, Whispering Lakes.
Got introduced to some ' d%mn straight' hybrids in 2019, now I carry a 19' & 22'.
Converting to oversize grips in 2019, helping my consistency.
Spent serious 2019 practice time with chipping and wedge play, especially with my cheap 60' LW(with my own grinding). Now I love the challenge of any pin placement on well guarded, small sized greens from within 40 yds.

I finally joined something in 2019 to help me to begin tracking stats and handicap... Greenskeeper.org (hcap=21, avg=97, avg putts=33).
Happy New year, cheers!

[[Edited by FirstFlightFX-101 on Monday January 6, 2020 11:13 PM]]
 Message #93127 - This was a reply to message #81763
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Tuesday January 7, 2020 6:18 AM
QUOTED  introducing the Birdie Chain

Woo Birdie Chain!!!!!
 Message #93128 - This was a reply to message #93126

Listing 21 to 30 of 30 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]