Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By JohnnyGK

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
Eagle! - JohnnyGK - Your best shot?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Eagle! - JohnnyGK - Your best shot?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 24 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
RDDenn
RE: Eagle! - JohnnyGK - Your best shot?

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday December 12, 2019 4:00 PM
QUOTED  This is how you know your golf buds love ya!

Playing Rec Park, 18th hole, the younger guy in the group sliced his drive into the 17th fairway, over tall trees. His father in law and I were on the green when he hit, and it bounced once and went in. Totally blind shot. His father in law looked at me and said "don't say a thing." We were totally silent as he walked up, not making eye contact, and shrugged when he asked where the ball was. He immediately said, "did it go in?" as he danced to the hole. Too funny.

My favorite was the hole in one earlier this year on 17 at Los Serranos South. Slam dunk from 160 plus. The best was almost the exact same distance at El Dorado No. 13, from the right rough (sparse), up hill, into the wind, over the trees on the right and into the hole. Number 2 handicap hole with the green sloping away from the fairway. Back right pin position. Won a gross and net skin in a well attended tournament. Sweet!
 Message #92973 - This was a reply to message #92972
NutNButCup
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Greg Norman
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Valley

Thursday December 12, 2019 10:07 PM
About five years ago I was playing in a team match play tournament at Marine Memorial Camp Pendleton. On the 9th hole par 4 my opponent hit a good drive in the fairway. I hit my drive about 5 yards into the right rough just behind a tree. The pin was front right on an elevated green that sloped left to right and was guarded by left and right front bunkers. Took out my 18* Mizuno HI-Fli 2 fat soled iron. Played a low punch shot under the tree limbs from 160 yards. The ball landed short of the bunkers ran up the slope between the bunkers took the slope right and into the hole. The look on my opponent's face was priceless. And yes, I won the match.
 Message #92974 - This was a reply to message #92973
hammer74
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble, Pelican

Friday December 13, 2019 8:29 AM
Congrats!

and the chains suit you! love the pic.
 Message #92982 - This was a reply to message #92974
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Friday December 13, 2019 9:16 AM
An eagle for me as well. From 165 yards on a par 5 to a front pin with stream in front, natural granite rock ledge in the back. It was at Shattuck Inn GC in southern NH on a cool fall day with the foliage in color. A few years ago but I can still re-play it in my mind with vivid memory.

How I got to that distance I can't recall. Couldn't have been great but I cracked it pure with the 6 iron on a string right at the flag. (many have described that sensation here with there shot) Landed in front took a bounce and rolled in. Saw it all the way. My brother-in-law was doing his thing on the right of the hole and didn't see it but heard my excited shout.

I surmise eagle two's will be what I hunt rather than eagle putts on par 5's unless I gain distance or move-up to the forward tees. Either way these are well protected from my scorecard, but I'll keep trying.

Now a days I get just as much excitement being a witness to another's great shot. Whether and eagle or ace. I carry some golf confetti in my bag just to celebrate the occasion. It's just FUN!

JohnnyGK wearing the birdie and eagle chains together is awesome. How big is the ACE chain? Time to sport that one!
 Message #92984 - This was a reply to message #92982
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Friday December 13, 2019 10:10 AM
I would call it my best combination of two shots actually ... I was on 18 at Chester Washington after a pretty poor round overall but wanted to finish up strong. The driver had been pants all day for the most part but I got all of it and thensome off the tee and hit a perfect drive, dead center around 285 yards or so on the slight uphill. Got to the ball with 190 yards to the pin, grabbed a 5 iron and pured it like never before right at the pin and it stopped with a gimme two-footer (which I did putt). Tap-in Eagles for the win!
 Message #92985 - This was a reply to message #92984
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Friday December 13, 2019 10:47 AM
Johnny is being humble about the shot. That was some gnarly rough he had to hit out. I've heard announcers say, "that's covering the flag the whole way," and witnessed it with that shot. Landed just short, released and in! Great shot!
 Message #92986 - This was a reply to message #92985
oceangrub

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bandon Trails

Saturday December 14, 2019 7:12 PM
My best shot didn't even count. River Ridge Vineyard course, 14th hole (was the 10th hole at the time I think). Playing by myself, hit a lousy drive so I hit a second drive that was much better but still a long ways out. After hitting the first drive, went over to the second drive, had about 220 into the wind to a back right hole. Hit a lousy 4-wood so I dropped another ball and pured a baby cut that landed on the front half of the very large green and rolled toward the hole. Too far to see where it stopped but when I got to the green and didn't see it, I was pretty sure it had gone in. Of course I found it in the bottom of the cup.

Holed my mulligan second shot that wasn't even from the original drive. Does that even count for anything? And no witnesses!
 Message #92992 - This was a reply to message #92960
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday December 16, 2019 7:37 AM
QUOTED  Holed my mulligan second shot that wasn't even from the original drive. Does that even count for anything? And no witnesses!

Would be about .400 avg if the game was baseball.
Counts for a laugh for me.
Why is the second guys 2nd shot commonly the best one?!!
 Message #92993 - This was a reply to message #92992
rudyclub
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil, Ricky, Kucher
Favorite Golf Course:
    Desert willow, Journey

Monday December 16, 2019 3:29 PM
I have two best shots that happened on the same course and the same day. Found the left bunker on the second hole of Yocha De He. The hole measures around 410 up hill from the Whites. Luckily the ball rolled back to the middle of the bunker. Finding that bunker left me a good 205 to the hole at the back of the green. Picked a 4 hybrid clean to about 30' below the pin and saved the par. The second was on the 11th. Again found a bunker, this time on the right. With a 157 yards to pin, I picked a smooth 7 Iron with a baby draw to just above the hole and made birdie.
 Message #93000 - This was a reply to message #92993
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Tuesday December 17, 2019 5:33 AM
My 2 favorite eagles. Second favorite was in a GK match at Hidden Valley. I think its hole #7. A short par 4 dogleg right with a lake short of the green. Long hitters can drive the green but risk the lake. I went left of the lake with 3 wood and caught the slope so it rolled within ten yards of the green. My opponent went for the green and ended up past the green. I decided to putt and rolled it in. Really cool to watch it track right to the hole and drop. The favorite was at Ashwood #2 on Birch. Solid drive but in the rough right next to the 100 yard marker which was missing most of the numbers and read 0. I thought "Well you can't get any closer than that!" Hit wedge right at the flag, bounced once and in the hole!

[[Edited by SBogey on Wednesday December 18, 2019 2:10 AM]]
 Message #93006 - This was a reply to message #93000

Listing 11 to 20 of 24 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]