YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 104 Replies

PAGES: 11 1 2 3 4 5
JohnnyGK
RE: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday March 10, 2020 6:03 AM
Would love to the name and location of the golf courses listed next the names in the first post of the Traveling Birdie Chain golfers to see its travels more clearly. This is fun!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #93859 - This was a reply to message #93805
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Tuesday March 10, 2020 11:30 AM
Johnny I saw you adorned with a BC at the 'Glass. Was it surrendered to someone on the list or retired?
 Message #93863 - This was a reply to message #93859
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Tuesday March 10, 2020 11:38 AM
QUOTED  Johnny I saw you adorned with a BC at the 'Glass. Was it surrendered to someone on the list or retired?

There are a hand full of us with regular birdie chains that have been going around for months starting with the OG Chain owned by Rob1563.

Alex326 and Johnny decided to run with that idea and create a real one for GK.

If you want your own you can buy them on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Ahier-Necklace-Dollar-Plated-Pendant/dp/B07KB1H4 ZB/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=bling+dollar&qid=1583865443&sr=8-14

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Tuesday March 10, 2020 11:38 AM]]
 Message #93864 - This was a reply to message #93863
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Friday March 13, 2020 9:49 PM
During the leadup to our match, there was some serious bantering going on about who was going to get the .5 point for “Best Dressed” and who was going to take home the birdie chain. The texts back and forth could have been part “Bridal Wars” and part WWE Smackdown for the coveted title belt/BC.

Once we got to the course, Rob flashed the TBC on the opening hole. That proved to be a mistake because once I saw the BC, I was like a shark getting a taste of blood. The first real opportunity for either player came on the 6th hole par 3 with both players hitting the green. Rob ran his attempt 10’ past the hole and my 15-18 footer seemed to be dying short of the hole but managed a couple more rolls to drop in for the first bird of the day.

It didn’t last long though because two holes later I missed the green and left my chip about 10’ short of the hole. Rob had 20+ feet for his birdie and really I was thinking ok he’s more than likely gonna two putt, I’m going to have to make this par putt to halve the hole. But his putt was alike a heat seeking missile and tracked directly to the hole at the perfect speed and on the perfect line. Rob’s ball Dropped in like a Steph Curry 3-pointer. Never a doubt.

Rob couldn’t wait to pose with the BC (check out the picture on the app) and rub it in that he once again had MY birdie chain.

But, three holes later on the signature par 3 I hit a shot to 5’ and promptly made the putt to send the TBC back home to his Nor Cal nest.

The TBC had a nice Spring Break vacation in Arizona and So Cal but it’s back home now!
 Message #93936 - This was a reply to message #93864
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Saturday March 14, 2020 9:13 AM
I love how the Birdie Chain has taken off. Just a bit of Birdie Chain history: it made it's debut May 2019 in Orlando during my biennial school buddies trip(yeah, I stole the idea from The "U"). I think it took off during Matt's birthday bash at Edgewood and Grizzly Ranch, where there was an awesome pic of Alex rocking the Chain in a double goose down jacket and hot pink pants.

The rules and customs are ever-changing and just like the cultures of world, are different chain to chain. Hey, it's your Chain, make your own rules.

Rules of my group:
1. "To be the man you must beat the man." If you and the current holder of the Chain both birdie, the Chain stays home.

However..
(A) If the chain has not been awarded and two players both birdie, the chain goes to the last birdie. (This is similar to the poker chip game, where the last person to hit a tree or into the water gets the chip)

2. Any Mulligan or Breakfast Ball taken makes you ineligible for the Birdie Chain for that hole.

3. Must putt out to get the Chain. Hit it to 6 inches? Nice shot, but you're putting it out. I can't believe the pressure of a short putt with a Chain on the line.

My group customs:
1. Birdie Chain stays in it's protective golf bag pocket until it's won. It's like touching the trophy before the game or final round. (I would of been aghast by Rob displaying it on the 1st as a form of intimidation. )

2. Mandatory pics on the Birdie hole

3. No need to wear the Chain when teeing off. It's actually forbidden with the OG Chain, which has been broken a few times due to hit hanging down to the hands at address.

It would be awesome to hear other rules/customs.
 Message #93943 - This was a reply to message #93936
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q, Oak V

Saturday March 14, 2020 9:55 AM
Rob, I think TBC must be worn the entire time spent at the 19th hole! The presence of TBC, invites slow POP and loitering on the 19th hole.
 Message #93944 - This was a reply to message #93943
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday March 16, 2020 9:12 AM
I was getting stomped by Sal on the back nine during our match but up until the 16th no one had made a birdie. The 16th hole is a par 3 along the ocean. I hit another pure iron (a la 11th hole at Sandpiper) to drop it 2’ from the pin. With the soft greens the ball sat right there and I tapped in with one hand.

Sal’s tee shot was pin high just on the fringe of the green and he darn near holed his birdie attempt from the fringe to steal my thunder!

I lost the overall match but I’m happy to say that I secured the birdie chain and finally made par on Hole 7!!

As a reminder for the BCB – Players do not need to be part of the GK cup to take a shot at the Traveling Birdie Chain. Nor does it have to me head to head competition. A foursome can go at it as well such as we did at Spyglass Hill.

I’m going to do my best to make Rancho San Marcos to take on some new BCB challengers, but anyone who wants a shot at the TBC is more than welcome to contact me for BCB match!
 Message #93959 - This was a reply to message #93944
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Saturday March 28, 2020 6:44 AM
To the GK BC holder,

Looks like the chain is in safe keeping in NorCal. The how far would you drive post indicates it's securely yours for the time being. I like your schtick offering it up to stakeholders and challengers. But until things open back up your just adding days to your record. (most days with BC in procession. The GK equivalent to wearing the yellow jersey?!)

Until things open back up and a worthy player comes and gets it from you, or you choose to travel (I know you will)

Keep the gold shiny and the diamonds sparkling...
 Message #94302 - This was a reply to message #93959
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Sunday March 29, 2020 4:11 AM
QUOTED  (most days with BC in procession. The GK equivalent to wearing the yellow jersey?!)

I like the way you think Peter. Not sure about days in “gold” as we don’t want to reward someone for not playing and avoiding taking on challengers. Maybe “Number of holes in gold”? The next couple of weeks may see some limited golf for me, but I’m always willing to take on a BC Challenge. If I still have it in a couple weeks, I see a BC battle at somewhere like Rancho San Marcos. I’m sure I can get a few GK’ers come take a shot at the title! Lol

QUOTED  Keep the gold shiny and the diamonds sparkling...

I’m wiping it down twice a day with disinfectant wipes.
 Message #94321 - This was a reply to message #94302
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday April 1, 2020 6:36 PM
With everything going on the TBC has been staying home as of late. It decided to stretch its wings and head to Bakersfield for a little action during the match with Kviser. Being cooped up for a month had the BC itching to come out and it did on the very first hole of the match! Both players hit decent tee shots and second shots on the opening par 5 first hole. Kevin hit is wedge to the middle of the green and I was able to stuff a wedge to about 2’. Made the Putt and the Birdie Chain was flying early!

The next hole was a short par three and Kevin nearly sank a 20-25’ to take the BC away. His putt stopped within an inch of the hole.

With the match all tied up going into the 12th hole both players were on the green in regulation. Kevin had the longer but uphill putt and I had a 10’ downhill putt. Kevin came up short but made his par. My birdie putt trickled down and had that one last roll in it (thanks to gravity) to drop in for my second and the final birdie of the day.

Kevin’s putter was red hot on the front nine and though he came close a couple times he’s going to have to get in line with the others to take a shot at the BCB title

Definitely want to get a GK BCB meet and play together for Rancho San Marcos once it opens back up.
 Message #94381 - This was a reply to message #94321

Listing 11 to 20 of 104 Replies

PAGES: 11 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]