RE: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday May 11, 2020 6:08 PM
At minimum Tim needs like a BCB replica keychain or something ...
 Message #95016 - This was a reply to message #95015
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Monday May 11, 2020 6:32 PM
Birdies galore with JohnnyGK, Kviser and RGM2525 today, Ron had several, I had a couple on 16 and 18, Kviser came close to a "turkey"(bowling term here) with almost 3 birdies in a row on 9,10 an 11(think Kevin had 4 for the day)!.

But drumroll please MR GK himself was 1 foot away from the Ultimate chain(with a tap in eagle) on 18. So much fun today with those guys.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #95017 - This was a reply to message #95016
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday May 11, 2020 6:43 PM
Impressive all around! Sounds like everyone is in mid season peak form right now. Layoff? what layoff?
 Message #95018 - This was a reply to message #95017
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Monday May 11, 2020 8:47 PM
Did not sniff a birdie for 17 holes and then get a kick-in Eagle on 18 ... what a game.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #95019 - This was a reply to message #95017
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Monday May 11, 2020 9:43 PM
QUOTED  Birdies galore with JohnnyGK, Kviser and RGM2525 today, Ron had several, I had a couple on 16 and 18, Kviser came close to a "turkey"(bowling term here) with almost 3 birdies in a row on 9,10 an 11(think Kevin had 4 for the day)!.

For the record, I had three. That's the most I've had in a single round, though.

QUOTED  MR GK himself was 1 foot away from the Ultimate chain(with a tap in eagle) on 18.

That was two great shots to come up with that kick in! Amazing "members bounce" as the ball came swooping in from the right and bounced towards the pin!

So cool to see these three guys in action. I almost always play better than my average around them.
 Message #95020 - This was a reply to message #95017
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Sunday May 17, 2020 1:05 PM
Well this will be a Sad post-

Yesterday the Birdie Chain was being contested at Mission Hills CC (Pete Dye) with RGM2525 making the challenge against current holder* Mpisarski01

Coming into the round I knew that I was probably going to need to birdie the last hole to keep the chain and I was extremely focuses on the round. Well the first hole was exactly how I thought the round was going to go. Both of us hit good drives, and great Approach shots to reach the GIR. RGM was about 25 feet and I was around 20 feet. RGM left his short by a few inches and I just went around the edge of the cup. After hole one RGM had the better of the looks with maybe 3 try's coming up 1-2 inches short. I did not have many look at all because my wedge was being an A--Hole. After 18 holes Nobody made a birdie!!!

Probably more of a shock to RGM2525 coming in ad a 0 handicap but I have been getting at least one bird a round lately. My next scheduled round is unfortunately against Alex326 at pebble on the 30th unless I get an unexpected challenge.
 Message #95079 - This was a reply to message #93805
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday May 18, 2020 7:49 AM
QUOTED  After 18 holes Nobody made a birdie!!!

That's a sports bet no one would have taken. Neither of you getting a birdie all day?! WOW! I certainly didn't see that one coming.
 Message #95081 - This was a reply to message #95079
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Saturday May 30, 2020 7:08 AM
Another BCB with NO Birdies. What is going on in the world??!!

In what was an off day for both golfers (we both shot 95-97) not a single birdie was to be had. It started off promising on the first hole with Matt nearly reaching the par 5 green in two but duffed his chip shot. Meanwhile my wedge was struck 5” from being perfect but ultimately didn’t clear one of the many ridges on the green and spun back 20’ away. I still came within a few inches of a birdie but that was the last change I had until an outside chance with a 40’ putt on 15 also came within a few inches.

Matt had the best chance on 17 with a tricky 8’ putt that had a different read on it from each angle he looked. He missed it on the high side and off to the 18th we went. Matt blistered his drive down the middle setting him up to go for the green in two. My second shot was duffed into the woods so I was quickly out of the BCB and unfortunately Matt’s second shot was pin high but left and into the native area behind a bush. I was impressed with his ability to get out of that spot in two shots but no BC. We both desperately wanted someone to make a birdie all day but it didn’t happen. Let’s hope that changes today.
 Message #95167 - This was a reply to message #95081
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Saturday May 30, 2020 10:16 PM
After a complete strikeout yesterday with not a single birdie (and few pars amongst the 4 of us for that matter) Matt and I joined JusGas88 and another friend for a Birdie Chain Battle at Pebble Beach.

Things were looking promising early. I was just right of the green pin high in two on the par 5 second hole. A great pitch had me looking at a 4’ birdie putt. Sadly it lipped out and wasn’t too be. Next hole Matt hits a bomb and strikes his wedge to 10’. As I’ve stated before, downhill putts are TOUGH at Pebble Beach. Matts putt was never broke as expected and off we went with both of us missing great opportunities.

Onto the 14th long Par 5 uphill. I casually mention to Matt that Dustin Johnson can reach it in two with a 6 iron on the second shot. Matt accepts the challenge and hits a drive to the right rough. From there he hit the most amazing three wood I’ve seen in ages. Easily 250+ uphill to settle on the back of the green. I messed up my third shot (and 4th) and quickly cleared the stage for Matt and switched roles from player/caddie/host to photographer and videotaped the 25’ putt that was online the entire way and dropped in left side of the hole for the ultimate BCB claim. An EAGLE At PEBBLE BEACH!! Congratulations to Matt and that was so awesome to watch! Even if I do have to travel down south for another shot at the Traveling Birdie Chain.

[[Edited by Alex326 on Monday June 1, 2020 6:04 AM]]
 Message #95176 - This was a reply to message #95167
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Sunday May 31, 2020 9:42 AM
QUOTED  Onto the 14th long Par 5 uphill. I casually mention to Matt that Dustin Johnson can reach it in two with a 6 iron on the second shot. Matt accepts the challenge and hits a drive to the right rough. From there he hit the most amazing three wood I’ve seen in ages. Easily 250+ uphill to settle on the back of the green. I messed up my third shot (and 4th) and quickly cleared the stage for Matt and switched roles from player/caddie/host to photographer and videotaped the 25’ putt that was online the entire way and dropped in left side of the hole for the ultimate BCB claim. An EAGLE At PEBBLE BEACH!! Congratulations to Matt and that was so awesome to watch! Even if I do have to travel down south for another shot at the Traveling Birdie Chain.

That's spectacular and a memory that will last forever! Congrats Matt!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #95179 - This was a reply to message #95176

Listing 31 to 40 of 104 Replies

PAGES: 11 2 3 4 5 6

[ Community Page ]