YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 81 to 90 of 104 Replies

PAGES: 11 7 8 9 10 11
rob1563
RE: BCB - Birdie Chain Battle

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday July 23, 2020 7:25 PM
I do love the chain bringing the $$$$. May have to try it in Laughlin on Saturday. Cheers!
 Message #95809 - This was a reply to message #95808
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday July 23, 2020 7:50 PM
I'm concerned that you may experience some depression after I take it from you next week!!!
 Message #95810 - This was a reply to message #95809
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Saturday July 25, 2020 6:18 AM
So I'm sitting in the restaurant at Cascata yesterday morning chatting away with the other GK'ers when in walks the east coast version of Mr. T! We all look in shock as DeepSea14 strolls past with no less than 5 bling chains around his neck including the official Traveling Birdie Chain!!! I respond with "I thought you weren't coming"? Peter says "I never said I wasn't coming , just said it's too far to drive". Apparently the BC has so much star pal wer behind it that a pilot was willing to fly Peter and the BC in to Vegas just for the day! Ok so maybe Peter had to actually book a commercial flight, but seriously hats off to Peter for flying in just for the day and then flying back out later that afternoon after the round. That's dedication. You hear that So Cal???

Anyway, on to the BCB at Cascata. Owning a piece of of the BC is special in its own right but doing it at a premier course like Cascata (or an Eagle at Pebble) makes it even that more special.

Things got interesting early on when I had a 17' birdie chance on #4 which I left short. The next hole I was even even closer, dropping a wedge inside 10' but Peter got into my head (to protect his chain) and I flew it 4' past the hole taking the break out of it and again walking away without the chain

Two holes later, JohnnyGK pulls a Babe Ruth and from 40+ feet away stands behind his ball and points to Peter and says "get the Chain ready, I'm taking right here". John steps up and pours the putt in which was tracking the cup the entire time like a heat seeking missle. About 6" out it slowed down just enough to give Peter a glimmer of hope to retain the chain. Not to be the ball dropped center cup for the first birdie of the day and the ceremonial passing of the chain took place.

On to the 135 yard par 3 12th hole. Due to my injury I typically hit one club up so I can swing a bit soft (70% or so). I pulled my Tee shot so far left the caddie was ready to yell "fore" to the group on the other side of the mountain! This thing was 40 yards left of the creek that is 40 yards left of the green

As I'm walking off the tee box, we see my ball come rolling onto the green and settle 18' away!!!! Just like I planned it! Lol. Well, I made the putt and proudly reunited with the BC!

Onto hole 16 which is an uphill par 5. Ron hits his second into the green side bunker. Usually, I would have been stressed but Ron's bunker game was a bit off. I knew he'd get out and two putt for an easy par but I wasn't too concerned about him sticking it close. I was right. He hit onto the green from the bunker leaving himself about 30-35'. Rain is the best lag putter I know and this would be an easy two putt for him..... Except, he was due and it dropped in center cup at the perfect speed to casually in perfect RGM2525 style to take the traveling Birdie Chain. That was the final opportunity and Ron is now the proud holder of the Birdie Chain.

And since he was one of the creators of the idea, it's fitting that his name is now on the list.
 Message #95814 - This was a reply to message #95810
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Saturday July 25, 2020 4:33 PM
To my surprise today Johnny put RGM in our group today for a Fivesome at Reflection Bay a long with Rob1563, Alex326 and John_t. RGM showed his dominance early in the round I think it was hole 3 or 4. Then along came the 9th hole. I blasted a 300 yard drive and crushed my 3wd just short and found a sand trap. I chipped to 10 foot and stole the chain away. I followed up another on hole 12 to secure it for the day.
 Message #95816 - This was a reply to message #95814
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Sunday July 26, 2020 7:47 PM
The Chain was on the line again today at Mojave.

I started the party on hole 11 with a nice and boring birdie. Straight drive wedge to middle of the green and a 10ft birdie.

Hole 12 was a very entertaining and short par 5. Gregholla, Apisarski, and I all hit the green under regulation and had decent look at eagle. I was first from 20' and just hit my ball a touch long leaving about 1.5 feet. Greg was about 15' away and put his putt just at a foot away. Alex had the best eagle look with a 10' attempt he left the ball 3 inches short. Playing by the rules I hit my birdie from 1.5 then Greg followed with his from 1' and Alex tapped in for his ultimately taking the chain because he was last in the hole.

I was angry and missed my 3rd straight birdie on 13 missing by inches. Then Came Hole 14 where I bombed a 320 yard drive and pitched on to about 2 foot and made the birdie to secure the chain for the weekend.

It is nice having the chain back in rightful place and I cant wait until the next round I play with Gk'er I just hope its not until the Mt. Woodson outing.
 Message #95818 - This was a reply to message #95816
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Sunday July 26, 2020 7:56 PM
After taking body blow after body blow yesterday by the big hitters, to the point that I missed both birdie opportunities in the 10' range on 17 & 18, I had to go down to the minor leagues today at Mojave Resort Golf Club. Matt secured the BC in the premier group so I'll let him do the recap of his group.

Down in Triple A league it was a birdie fest with 8 total in the group. Ron and Vince went back to back birdies on the first two holes then a few holes later it was Johnny's turn and I got my hand in the cookie jar on the short par 3 where our group saw three out of the four of us make birdies. Ron and John both added a couple more down the stretch for a fun filled Replica BC action packed day.

But the official BC in back in Orange County in the hands of Mpisarski01.
 Message #95819 - This was a reply to message #95816
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Saturday August 8, 2020 5:48 PM
The BC was out at Sierra Star today with casual GK event player zvonberg. He took the chain on 2 after knocking his tee shot 6 feet from the pin and making the bird. After 11 holes my play was not good enough to think about making a birdie but then came hole 12 a 290 yard par 4 with a large pine tree blocking a straight drives access to the green. I hit a high towering fade dead center of the green 3 feet from an ace. I make the eagle and that was it for the day.
 Message #95935 - This was a reply to message #95819
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Saturday August 15, 2020 1:21 PM
Another day with the chain out at Pechanga. Our group was 0-8 on chances on the front nine. Then came the back 9. GK event Poyer Hillary made a noce birdie on hole 10, gregholla followed up with a birdie on 11 to steal it from his girl. On to hole 15 a 165y par 3 I hit a nice and straight 7 iron the rolled up to the cup stopping 3 inches right for the almost Ace. Tap on birdie. Hole 16 was a real battle gregholla was first to make a birdie from distance. I had a two putt birdie to steal it right back and ultimately keep the chain again.
 Message #95969 - This was a reply to message #95935
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Sunday August 16, 2020 8:16 AM
Ok Peter looks like we are going to have to plan a road trip to so cal in September to gang up on Matt!
 Message #95970 - This was a reply to message #95969
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday August 17, 2020 6:39 AM
The GK chain was in play during the Event yesterday at Mt. Woodson.

Mpisarski got the party started on hole 5 with a bomb drive and approach that stuck 5ft from the hole. No other birdies on the front nine even though SeveB was throwing darts on the par 3's

Mpisarski then started the back nine with a good drive then pitch and a putt.

Hole 13 came around and all of us found the same part of the fairway. I pull my 3wd pin high but left and pitch on. 3 of us had birdie putts but I am the only one to make. This is where the fun stops for Mpisarski.

Hole 14 Seveb takes the long drive ticket and hits his approach just left. Mpisarski is long but has a 50ft putt for eagle. I 3 putt par and Seveb chips on and makes the Bird. Looks like the chain is going to head to AZ again then came hole 17........

AndrewZ28 goes for the green with his drive because he had nothing to lose on a tough day for him. the ball was 5 yards short but left him with a juicy up hill lie. He chips on to 10ft and made the putt.

Hole 18 was my last chance to retain the Chain. I hit the fairway for the first time on this hole and put my approach just short of the ridge in the middle of the green leaving me a 20ft putt for the chain. Sadly the break was too much and I didnt make it.

My reign of the Chain is over and AndrewZ28 is the proud holder of the GK chain. Looks like us GK'ers will need to make a trip to Goathill Park to to rip the chain from his hands.
 Message #95971 - This was a reply to message #95970

Listing 81 to 90 of 104 Replies

PAGES: 11 7 8 9 10 11

[ Community Page ]