YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: COVID-19: Golf Course Closures

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 151 to 160 of 171 Replies

PAGES: 18 14 15 16 17 18
JohnnyGK
RE: COVID-19: Golf Course Closures

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday April 6, 2020 7:37 AM
QUOTED  Johnny GK you are deleting my posts. No big deal but don't forgot about freedom of speech.

Moderating this thread the best a can to keep it on the topic of CLOSED GOLF COURSES instead a thread about political differences. I made it clear early on in this thread that it would need to stay on topic.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #94443 - This was a reply to message #94440
ninaaconway

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday April 7, 2020 6:27 PM
Canons brook closes today for at least 3 weeks.
 Message #94484 - This was a reply to message #93969
esperandrich
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Tuesday April 7, 2020 9:31 PM
You are great Johnny GK and I love your website but the course closures are political. Look at what states and areas have closed courses and which are not and tell me what you think.

I am the first to admit i am wrong.

Cannot wait until you have another event down here in the Palm Springs area unless I move to Arizona which I am strongly thinking about doing.
 Message #94487 - This was a reply to message #94443
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Tuesday April 7, 2020 10:01 PM
QUOTED  You are great Johnny GK and I love your website but the course closures are political.

Thank You but I'm not arguing whether closures are related to politics. Of course politics is playing a big role regarding state, county and city decisions. And of course like all things in America these days Republican and Democrat viewpoints influence.

The point I am making is this thread was created not to discus WHY golf courses are closed, but to help each other, especially sixpez and I who are doing our best in this insanity of trying to keep track of it and update GK. So when this thread diverges from its main intention, especially in a political context, I need to moderate it back on topic. Reason being is a political discussion would easily take over this thread and render it useless.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #94488 - This was a reply to message #94487
sixpez
SoCal Community Staff

sixpez: sixpez - Golf Normad GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    The Next One

Wednesday April 8, 2020 9:52 AM
Some updates on different regions outside of CA:

Washington courses remain closed with the government's order extended to May 4. Courses will stay closed until then. May the 4th be with them if they are able to reopen at that time.

Colorado courses are slowly reopening. Some are still closed as of my last sweep and some may stay closed through this—primarily city courses in Denver, Aurora, etc. Most privately owned courses seem to be reopening one by one as they implement new social distancing measures and other limitations. We'll do our best to keep up with regular sweeps.

Most Oregon courses remain open. Bandon Dunes is still closed until further notice and many Portland area courses are doing aeration maintenance (or recovering from late March maintenance) as weather permits, so anyone up there can check the latest alerts for information.

Nevada seems about 50/50 on my last check.

Most everything still open in AZ, UT and TX. I haven't checked NM personally, but looks like a lot of red closure alerts there from Johnny. Hawaii courses seem completely shut down through at least April, as well.

Thanks to the GK community for sharing updates and info if you know of any courses that are closing or opening in any of the regions we cover.
 Message #94506 - This was a reply to message #94488
sammy3

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Bolt
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble

Wednesday April 8, 2020 12:06 PM
On any forum such as this, when you sign up you are giving up your 1st amendment right. The moderators have the say or else anyone could say whatever they wanted. Keep up the good word John.
 Message #94510 - This was a reply to message #94440
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday April 8, 2020 12:29 PM
QUOTED  On any forum such as this, when you sign up you are giving up your 1st amendment right. The moderators have the say or else anyone could say whatever they wanted. Keep up the good word John.

OK - now back on topic.
 Message #94512 - This was a reply to message #94510
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Wednesday April 8, 2020 3:24 PM
Weather update:

Over 16" of snow in Truckee, CA over the weekend. Continued flurries and wind advisories in effect through tonight.

Courses open: NONE North in Clio and beyond Dragon & the Grizzly still in hibernation...

Courses closed: ALL

off topic -

Hats off to you JohnnyGK you rock. Keep it on topic your as straight a shooter as anybody. With the driver? another topic. LOL need emojis!

I believe this forum has the new topic feature. Perhaps if posters wish they can start topics of other discussion in that manner.

It's not freedom of speech it's staying on topic. For example, don't respond to the ? how were the greens? Ans: Uhmm, the bunkers were muddy.
 Message #94517 - This was a reply to message #94512
kevbig

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Palmer Course- Turtle Bay

Wednesday April 8, 2020 7:24 PM
QUOTED  Nevada seems about 50/50 on my last check.

Nevada is now officially closed through April 30th due to golfers not being able to follow proper social distancing guidelines on the course.
 Message #94518 - This was a reply to message #94506
esperandrich

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Wednesday April 8, 2020 10:10 PM
No problem with what you said. You are still great.

However, nothing is going to change unless the elected officials change their mind and the only way that happens is for voters/golfers to advocate.

Maybe you should start a new thread on that. Riverside County courses are closed until June 19, yes June 19.
 Message #94520 - This was a reply to message #94488

Listing 151 to 160 of 171 Replies

PAGES: 18 14 15 16 17 18

[ Community Page ]