Whoops.
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Whoops.

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1
rudyclub
Whoops.
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil, Ricky, Kucher
Favorite Golf Course:
    Desert willow, Journey

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday April 3, 2020 9:20 AM
Even with everything going on there are still mini tournaments being run. Read a article about 14 players being disqualified for teeing from the wrong tees. The marker was set at 206 yards, but their card stated 222, so 14 hit from that location and were DQ. Players fault?

[[Edited by rudyclub on Friday April 3, 2020 11:16 AM]]
 Message #94416
Nickesquire
RE: Whoops.
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Maderas Olivas

Friday April 3, 2020 9:42 AM
Players fault? Sounds like it.

Article I read had a picture and showed that they have VERY distinctive tee markers for the tournament.

But in their defense, it would be easy to do if you were playing the tips on every other hole and just went to the back tees.

Article did not make clear if the golfers (and any caddies) were walking or riding? Would be harder to miss walking than it would be riding IMO.

Also would be easier to miss if the intended tees were behind them. However, you would think someone out of the 14 would notice the distinctive markers less than 20 yards in front of them same tee box or on the next box up, since they would have to pass them on the way to the par 3 green?
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #94417 - This was a reply to message #94416
rudyclub
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil, Ricky, Kucher
Favorite Golf Course:
    Desert willow, Journey

Friday April 3, 2020 11:16 AM
In the story was that a group hit from wrong tee and following groups that were waiting hit from same tees. The pictures of markers showed them as being pretty large. Sucky way to lose their $700-800 entrance fee.
 Message #94418 - This was a reply to message #94417
Krystal

Favorite Golfer:
    dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Royal County Down

Friday April 3, 2020 11:32 AM
Verrada Founders Championship is part of the Outlaw Tour and this mini-tour event was played in Buckeye, AZ (40 miles west of Phoenix).

Scorecard listed Par 3 #3 hole as 222. But, tee markers set at 204. Players likely never saw the forward tee markers - would not have passed it going to the 3rd tee box. At mini-tour events, it's the player's option to walk (most ride) & it isn't feasible to hire a caddie.

There were 60 contestants competing at this event...

k

https://verradogolfclub.com/victory-guide
 Message #94419 - This was a reply to message #94416
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Saturday April 4, 2020 7:48 AM
I can state with some certainty and experience, that if I was playing (could not I'm a hacker no scratch events for me) or even volunteer caddie (I have multiple times), that with high likely-hood I would have either prevented this from happening (first group to err) or discovered it if I was in the middle portion of that got backed-up in the teeing area. Herd of buffalo follow the leader over the cliff comes to mind

Few points to consider:
Professional event and they don't have their own tee markers or at least have the other ones stacked together on a forward tee
on a par 3?

Back up of play on the 3rd hole and there isn't some sort of tournament official there observing?

$875 entry fee. Was the cart included or extra?

Comedy of errors but no laughing matter for the 14 players DQ'd.

I wonder how many spots paid $. They could have reduced the purse and refunded the players who made the boo boo.
 Message #94420 - This was a reply to message #94419
jciapa02

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Kiawah Ocean Course

Saturday April 4, 2020 4:20 PM
Also, I have played this course and let me tell you what...it's not out of the ordinary to not be able to clearly see the other tee boxes from one set of tees to another (that's one of my main gripes for my review of this course). So if the scorecard said one distance but it seemed another was setup (as mentioned by Krystal) there is a distinct possibility that the players couldn't even see the other tee markers.

Another point to add, this course is most likely impossible to walk so they were all riding...just food for thought. I don't blame one party fully but both parties involved partially. They can co-exist.
 Message #94425 - This was a reply to message #94420

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]