mlslaw
Practice stations at home

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday April 4, 2020 11:03 AM
We want to keep our skills somewhat sharp during the lockdown so I'm guessin many of us, space permitting, have set up some practice areas around the homestead.

Mine consists of:

--a lil neighborhood pocket park steps away where I can chip/pitch up to 40 yds
--just ordered a go sports net for the yard; will use a Rukket tri fold mat for the net
--putting rug in the basement--about 6 x 12
--have a range mat for the driveway to hit whatever into the open brush area across the street; gives a fair idea of ball flight

Wish list is a mirror and some sort of device to track the swing.

Interested in what you all have set up.
 Message #94421
FirstFlightFX-101
RE: Practice stations at home
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Arrowhead Country Club

Saturday April 4, 2020 12:09 PM
There at 3 unspecified parks near me that I'm now practicing my pitch and flop shots at. Divot-less shots. I have a new 55' wedge that I must get more stick time with. I look for out of the way, low profile areas, that a thin or skulled shot won't be an issue. I don't bring my golf bag, just my 3 wedges and a drawstring bag of balls; the empty drawstring bag is my target LZ. There is an assortment of lies, really thin grass acne, thin and thick mowed, clover, mixed bag clumps, and thick frustrating rough. There's even uphill, downhill, and sidehill lies.
After reading a post last month by noeldaof, how he was practicing in interesting ways out in the desert...it made sense that this was a good possibility of becoming the new temp normal. May as well embrace it. I gotta lower my percentage of misses around the greens.

Our smart phones have a slo-mo mode...I made a little stand for it to film my range sessions about 6 months ago. I need to get it back out and set it up to 'see' my pitch an flop shots at 1/8 speed.
Cheers,
 Message #94422 - This was a reply to message #94421
Deepsea14
RE: Practice stations at home
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Saturday April 4, 2020 1:18 PM
QUOTED  Wish list is a mirror and some sort of device to track the swing.

Refer to chevelle's post in the "...If I Did It." section. Maybe he has mirror advice too?!

For golf would the overhead mirror angle be useful as well? I've kept a wall mirror from a bathroom redo and have a few mirrors from bureaus tucked away in the attic. I have always thought of using for golf swing analysis. Looking at video of my swing at the range using a smartphone screen to small and my eye not keen enough to know what was right or wrong.

Going out to play has always been preferred to practice at course facilities or setting up an area at home.
There is a range with 9 holer course close by offering draft beer and bucket special with the practice tee stations shaded by trees. No motivation to set-up much at home.

BUT now....
 Message #94423 - This was a reply to message #94422

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]