z031001
Golf course charge cart fee

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday July 6, 2020 1:58 PM
Play at Eagle Glenn 7/05/2020, They charge us 20 dollars per cart extra, if we want to ride as a single rider. What happen to SOCIAL DISTANCING? That is too much money and Green Fees are going up at the same time.
 Message #95625
mpisarski01
RE: Golf course charge cart fee
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday July 6, 2020 2:23 PM
Wow that's a huge turn off. I will not play eagle glenn until they fix that.
 Message #95626 - This was a reply to message #95625
bmanmp

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy & Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek GC

Monday July 6, 2020 2:29 PM
St. Mark in San Marcos did the same a few weeks ago...even with their Golfnow website saying that a cart was included as part of the price of $50 bucks. Won't play there again for $70 on a Friday afternoon any time soon. For $20 more you can play the Crossings in Carlsbad...way better course.
 Message #95627 - This was a reply to message #95626
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday July 6, 2020 2:34 PM
It was the same at Hidden Valley Norco for GK match 6/27 pair up or extra $20 for your own.

Not totally unreasonable?! I found many inconsistencies with social distancing protocols from course to course and week to week during June at various venues I played. 15 different courses since April 1.

Sr714 had a device he installed (plastic barrier on bungee cord) to separate himself and his buddy on their shared cart.
 Message #95628 - This was a reply to message #95626
24hourgolf
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday July 6, 2020 2:42 PM
I will pass on any course that attempts this. At least have the common courtesy to inform you at time of tee time scheduling. At least then you can decide go or decline. Not wait until you get to the course (if that is the way it was done). What happened to "we are all in this together." Apparently not in some areas.
 Message #95629 - This was a reply to message #95625
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Monday July 6, 2020 3:15 PM
I too was hit at Hidden Valley.

Agree with 24hourgolf - tell us when we book.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #95630 - This was a reply to message #95629
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday July 6, 2020 5:24 PM
hmmmm... so we're done with safety then?

Riverside County just had an all time high of 1300 new cases a few days ago.
 Message #95631 - This was a reply to message #95630
24hourgolf
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday July 6, 2020 6:40 PM
What does this have to do with the topic at hand? These type of comments are not what GK is intended for. Thank you for your concern, but there are plenty of other sites you can go to and discuss this.
 Message #95632 - This was a reply to message #95631
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Tuesday July 7, 2020 11:05 AM
the idea of reopening golf courses was to have it be safe with social distancing. So Cal in particular, was slow to allow for reopening, arguably rightfully so.

Part of the social distancing was allowing only 1 person per cart.

So... in a county that is definitely not slowing down on infections... nay, spiking on infections... they are doing a 180 and allowing 2 to a cart?

I don't get the reasoning. In fact, it looks like they are charging for the privilege of being properly social distanced.

So, the golf course, if I cannot or do not want to pay the safety premium, will, essentially force me to ride with a stranger in a county where the number of infections is spiking. Right.

So, yeah..... kind of pertinent.

Of course, the rebuttal will be, "you don't have to spend your money there"... and that is certainly the most logical, if not inconvenient solution. I show up to golf, and now I can't golf. NOw I know for next time, but you can't take away the fact that I've been inconvenienced... I may have driven up to an hour to play golf... and now I can't play. But that's a different discussion from my point, which is:

Seems very wrong that 1. they are not social distancing anymore, and 2. they are charging a premium for safety.
 Message #95637 - This was a reply to message #95632
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Maderas Olivas

Tuesday July 7, 2020 1:45 PM
I think Larry's point is that Greenskeeper is not a Health website, and if you want to discuss COVID-19, there are plenty of health or opinion forums that are available. Greenskeeper should be for golf related issues. And he is right IMO.

I think Michael's point is that whatever golf courses are doing that potentially adversely affects our health is a pertinent golf issue. Have to agree there as well, as long as it does not become a political forum.

Splitting the difference on opinions stated. Considering that I maintain a residence in Riverside County and saw first hand the measures that golf courses in the desert were enforcing because they were forced to do so by the powers that be less than 10 weeks ago. IMO, it seems VERY short sighted of any course to make a $$$ grab right now that could be perceived as not following and/or not encouraging health guidelines?

Seems like a good way to have golf on a county by county basis once again shut down in a period of spiking COVID-19 cases?
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #95640 - This was a reply to message #95637

Listing 1 to 10 of 21 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]