YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Rancho San Marcos - Closed Indefinitely

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
Rancho San Marcos - Closed Indefinitely

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday July 17, 2020 1:25 PM
One of my favorite all time golf courses. A true gem. This is terrible news for Southern California golf. I feel for the entire staff and everyone that has been a part of this masterpiece of a golf experience. I especially feel bad for us golfers.

"We would first like to thank each of you and express how much we appreciate your support over the years and especially throughout these last few months during these challenging times. Additionally, we wanted to take this opportunity to announce that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to close Rancho San Marcos Golf Course indefinitely. This was an extraordinarily painful decision to make, but after exploring every option, the economic conditions make it impossible to sustain our current level of operations. We are very grateful to our loyal guests and hard-working employees over the years at this property."
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #95716
Alex326
RE: Rancho San Marcos - Closed Indefinitely
GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Friday July 17, 2020 1:47 PM
So sad to read that post. RSM is such a great course. Will miss it for sure. Wish we could play it one last time before they shut it down and board up the place
 Message #95717 - This was a reply to message #95716
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Friday July 17, 2020 1:50 PM
Tried to get up there for the first time a couple years ago, but they had that big rain/mudslide that closed the roads, and I never had a chance to go back.

Had heard so many good things about it.

Bummer.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #95718 - This was a reply to message #95717
abbacat

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Friday July 17, 2020 2:20 PM
That's so sad. Was looking forward to playing it again sometime. One of my all-time favorite golf photos came from a Guru outing there
 Message #95721 - This was a reply to message #95720
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Friday July 17, 2020 2:29 PM
Super bummed to hear this. I absolutely loved all the par 5s on this course. Such a peaceful vibe at RSM and a fun layout. Sad to hear that I won't be able to ever again make my standard bogey anymore on number 15 which owned me.

On a serious note very sorry for all the ownership and staff that are effected. Another course closing is unfortunate for golfers, staff and everyone involved.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #95723 - This was a reply to message #95721
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Maderas Olivas

Friday July 17, 2020 2:44 PM
So, no more 13some's for Michael Jordan and his homeboys? Inquire with RGM2525 for the particulars of playing behind Michael and 12 of his buddies who would not think of waving 2somes through.

RSM stated "Additionally, we wanted to take this opportunity to announce that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to close Rancho San Marcos Golf Course indefinitely. This was an extraordinarily painful decision to make, but after exploring every option, the economic conditions make it impossible to sustain our current level of operations."

Essential or non essential business?
Mask on course required or not required?

Wonder if the hi-lites added above can be loosely translated that the owners of RSM are not willing to invest tens of thousands of $$$ to get the course playable when a dimwitted politician could arbitrarily shut them down again for an unknown period based on how they categorize the above?

Fun course. Unfortunately, I doubt it will be the last COVID-19 golf course casualty.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #95724 - This was a reply to message #95723
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Friday July 17, 2020 2:55 PM
I'm very sentimental about this golf course closing. The outings at Rancho San Marcos in the early days of GK were the best and most memorable. So many great memories. Those outings were instrumental in to forming the first core of the GK Community. On a personal note the 10th hole was where during a GK Plays outing I hit the best shot of my life. 200 yards 4 iron for an Eagle. Countless fun rounds over the years up there. I remember when I was in the record biz before GK and playing it for the first time and just being awe struck by the place. On top of that RSM was one our GK Community's longest standing supporters. Every year I looked forward to scheduling one of first GK Guru Rounds of the Spring up there. Whenever we had a wet winter at times I would think bet RSM is going to look gorgeous in March/April. Man I'm bummed all this is coming to end. Can't believe I never get to play it again. This sucks.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Friday July 17, 2020 2:57 PM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #95725 - This was a reply to message #95716
sparky14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Crenshaw
Favorite Golf Course:
    All except Shorecliffs

Friday July 17, 2020 2:55 PM
Aw man. Never made it out there, but always had it on my "if I ever get near there" list.
 Message #95726 - This was a reply to message #95716
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Friday July 17, 2020 3:43 PM
I echo everyone else. This is a hard one to lose. Such a great course and such a great property. Only played it once a few years ago on a GK Review Guru day... Lots of fun. Thanks for the opportunity, Johnny.
 Message #95727 - This was a reply to message #95726
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Friday July 17, 2020 4:13 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo ... oh man, this really blows. A truly unique golfing experience in one of the best settings around. I can only imagine though how difficult it was to keep things running with that isolated location and limited tee sheets. Super bummed out now.
 Message #95728 - This was a reply to message #95727

Listing 1 to 10 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]