Reviews

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday August 31, 2020 5:43 AM
IMHO, when writing golf course reviews, especially when you play a different golf course, I think it is very important to explain some of the covid procedures at that course, IE driving range open or closed, putting green open or closed, flags in holes at putting green, tables outside for eating, how open or cautious the course is. This is important because a golfer (me) like to feel comfortable and happy at the start of the round. It doesn't matter which side of the fence you are on about the covit19 stuff, you just want to be in a good mood to tee off. If you believe all this covit19 stuff, you may feel uncomfortable with the relaxed conditions, if you think this covit19 stuff is over kill, you might get perturbed at the restrictions. I along with a few other reviewers I have read state some of this on new/ different courses to try to get people's mind set before they get there. Some courses are very relaxed and some are stiil not.
 Message #96087
sammy3
RE: Reviews

Favorite Golfer:
    Tommy Bolt
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble

Monday August 31, 2020 12:24 PM
I definitely agree. I know I would rather find out here than call the course directly. Much easier.
 Message #96093 - This was a reply to message #96087
mdames

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Monday August 31, 2020 1:25 PM
Most of the courses I visit online have a message that tells you what the covid-19 precautions are.
 Message #96094 - This was a reply to message #96087
chevelle

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Monday August 31, 2020 1:54 PM
The point I am trying to get across is a member just drove a long way to play a course thst just opened and stated that the flags were in on the practice green, I may be wrong but he seemed surprised and maybe a little uncomfortable with that. This is the type of things that their web site will not talk about, IE mile square, a very large bathroom and1 person only, jurupa, bathroom open to all, los serranos putting open but no flags, mile square no putting green open, jurupa, flag on practice greens. The players here should be helping everyone out so they can tee off it a great state of mind, not relying on course web sites for standard verbal statements on what is allowed at their course. Each any every person has a different comfort level and you can't get that information from a course web site.

[[Edited by chevelle on Monday August 31, 2020 2:00 PM]]
 Message #96095 - This was a reply to message #96094
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Monday August 31, 2020 3:07 PM
Chevelle: Additional info I didn't include in my review: Rancho Del Sol is operating out of trailers for the pro shop, bathrooms and (I think) snack bar as well. The trailers are situated around an outdoor deck that has 3 patio tables with umbrellas. At least one table was packed with a group of guys when I finished, and I don't believe they were mandating mask use at those tables. Beverage cart was out on the course and came around 3 or 4 times doing our round. I didn't go in the bathroom or snack bar, so can't comment on the status there.
 Message #96096 - This was a reply to message #96095
chevelle

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Monday August 31, 2020 3:25 PM
See this is good info to know and stuff you can't get off their site, for those that need more precautions and those that want a more relaxed atmosphere
 Message #96097 - This was a reply to message #96096
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Monday August 31, 2020 8:02 PM
Totally agree. The GK idea is to pass along info on the course, and right now, those procedures are a huge part of the experience. Single carts only or double up allowed, bar/grill set ups. I like the idea.
 Message #96105 - This was a reply to message #96097
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Friday September 11, 2020 11:11 PM
Just got an email from Mile Square seeking input from their customers. Sounds like they are considering keeping some Covid-induced practices in place due to better pace of play and overall higher satisfaction of golfers. Interesting!
 Message #96237 - This was a reply to message #96105

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]