Tustin Ranch lose their greens?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday September 14, 2020 12:26 PM
Browsing tee times for this coming weekend, there's a $27 TeeOff.com "Deal" time for Tustin Ranch. I figured it was a mistake, but then I noticed every review for the past month or so (on a site not to be mentioned here) complains of almost all dirt/sand greens. The only GK review in that time span says the greens are in "great shape."

Anyone know... Did they lose their greens or is there some sort of orchestrated effort to post bad reviews of TR on that other site? Seems weird!
 Message #96270
ocgolfer19
RE: Tustin Ranch lose their greens?
GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday September 14, 2020 12:36 PM
Funny you just posted this as I was just looking for a late afternoon tee time. Per their online booking site - golfzing - Tustin Ranch Golf Club recently did greens aerification & turf work. The work included aerification and sanding the green along with seeding & greens repair work. We anticipate the recovery of this will take some time as Mother Nature is involved on the growth/recovery process now. Tustin Ranch will extend discounted rates to golfers through Fri., September 18th. Golfers will be charged at time of check-in the lower rate of what you booked or these discounted rates for your category - Member or Public.
 Message #96271 - This was a reply to message #96270
Itslikeimsayin

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Monday September 14, 2020 12:41 PM
Hmmm, interesting. I get it now... It's all Mother Nature's fault.
 Message #96273 - This was a reply to message #96271
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Monday September 14, 2020 12:47 PM
I'm sorry guys, I just called, they normally aerate the greens in November but they did them early, actually 9/1 & 9/2 because this is beyond aeration, the are issues with turf and they are in the middle of a turf repair project that is going to 4 to 6 weeks. Thank you GK Community with this posts. I'm trying my best and need your help with posts like this.

BTW -
QUOTED  but then I noticed every review for the past month or so (on a site not to be mentioned here)

Mark please don't ever feel that way about GK. As much as Golfnow and Golf Advisor censor out any mention of Greenskeeper.org on their sites, and tried to use GK's registered trade mark "Know Before You Go" when Golf Advisor first launched, mention them at will here. Anything that is helpful to the GK Community and golfers is welcomed. Our GK Community is above all that competitive crap.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #96274 - This was a reply to message #96271
Itslikeimsayin

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Monday September 14, 2020 12:52 PM
Thanks Johnny!

And to clarify, I didn't intend to imply there's some GK policy that it's forbidden to mention them. I just personally prefer to keep the focus on GK when possible.
 Message #96275 - This was a reply to message #96274
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Monday September 14, 2020 1:22 PM
QUOTED  And to clarify, I didn't intend to imply there's some GK policy that it's forbidden to mention them. I just personally prefer to keep the focus on GK when possible.

I appreciate that very much Mark!

Keeping golfers focused on GK, a golfer's community whereas a corporate media company, is very important now and exponentially more important to the well-being of golf as GolfNow/GolfAdvisor increasingly dominate golfers attention and the golf course industry's dependence on them. Which is ultimately golfers attention.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #96276 - This was a reply to message #96275

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]