excuses for bad customer service

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 9, 2020 5:27 AM
IMHO this corona virus has now become a great excuse for bad customer service. Not only in the golf aspect but for all businesses, there is always something to exempt and say "do to corona " yada yada yada. In golf some things have improved, tee times farther apart, but many things the courses are using the corona as an excuse for bad customer service,
1. Driving range closed
2. Putting green closed. Come on every body open these things up.
3. Have to make reservations on line.
4. Have to pay on line ahead of time.
5. No senior discount (eagle glen) I mean come on, seniors are supposedly the most affected and the course should want to encourage them to come out.
As far as singoe carts, I think charging extra for single is the same as "before" so I can honestly understand the extra charge.
Overall I am happy that we are at least playing, but making tee time is a real pain in the ass.
Every body can rip me a new one, but this is my opinion.
 Message #96549
weber
RE: excuses for bad customer service

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    tournament Club of Iowa

Friday October 9, 2020 5:55 AM
There are so many issues about the Corona Virus, but I won't go there. I appreciate that the golf courses took a huge hit while they were closed early in the pandemic, but the price increases I am now seeing are ridiculous. I had seriously considered quitting Coto de Caza at one point, but since I play golf almost every day, I looked at the prices the courses are now charging, the new restrictions to make tee times, the crazy amount of play on the courses due to "everybody now working from home", I decided to remain at Coto, which is also packed every day.

While some changes were necessary, many were are just over the top. Let's just hope that life returns to normal SOMEDAY.
 Message #96550 - This was a reply to message #96549
24hourgolf
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 9, 2020 9:19 AM
There are no excuses for poor customer service. If you want to stay in business you should want to provide excellent customer service at all levels.

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

A statement that many do not like. but it is fact.

Think over time how many places you stopped doing business with because of poor customer service?

Your money and your choice as to where you want to spend it.

There are plenty of fine examples of small, medium and large companies providing excellent customer service during these difficult times. Those are the ones I choose to patronize.
 Message #96551 - This was a reply to message #96549
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 9, 2020 10:09 AM
Oh, I hear you... the staff for the most part are good in many of my experience, but the prices have increased quite a bit. I did not agree with their $63 round on a weekend before here at Rancho Vista GC- yes it includes a cart, but now that same tee time is $73 and it's just a shocker to me for the little course to charge that much. I realize that the same thing is going on just about everywhere I go, but I just don't think the price and value of what you're getting is at par. The courses are pretty much always full all day especially on weekends- shouldn't that be enough revenue to make up for the loss in the long run. I think that counts for bad customer service as a golf course operator- all of them.

Anyway, the range are back and fully open here now- mats only on weekdays.
JVGA
 Message #96552 - This was a reply to message #96549
PokerGuy0826
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    TPC Sawgrass

Friday October 9, 2020 10:56 AM
I agree with the customer always being right 100%!

As to the additional expenses we're seeing in the golf realm, I firmly believe that although they've spaced out tee times a bit, the overall usage is up & not just by a little bit. Sure, this may mean a bit more diligence in upkeep and a bit more pressure on the staff, but it's still taking advantage of us as consumers. I was shocked the other day at Rustic Canyon when they charged $21 for a cart! Maybe I'm just getting old but come on!!!
 Message #96554 - This was a reply to message #96551
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Friday October 9, 2020 11:22 AM
wow... a bunch of Karens here....

The customer is always right... eh... the customer always THINKS they are right, and I guess, ultimately, when it comes to where dollars are spent, that's what matters.

As a business owner, or manager, you can't please everyone all of the time. When tough decisions have to be made, you know you are going to make some people unhappy. Once the decision has been made, all the owner can do is be transparent and ask for understanding. Then offer good customer service, to offset the hard business and operating decisions. Raising the price of something is not bad customer service. Being rude when asked WHY did they raise the price? that's bad CS.

But if you are going to give a business a hard time because of COVID? well, that is not understanding at all... people are selfish and only think of what inconveniences them.

I mean, paying online ahead of time, to limit interactions with the staff and the public? If you think that is 'bad customer service', and not a change in business practice to keep employees safe, well.. you are a Karen.

Maybe the driving range is closed because they don't have the staff to operate it, due to covid... either people don't want to work, or they are sick, or the course is losing money....

no senior discount? that's a financial decision, and we all know courses were hit hard....

The customer is always right? Anyone who owns a business or has been in a managerial position knows that too many people weaponize that mantra.
 Message #96555 - This was a reply to message #96554
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Friday October 9, 2020 12:25 PM
Seeing you're averse to making tee times online, you must be comfortable calling courses on the phone. If that's the case, you have no one to blame but yourself if you're surprised the range or putting green is closed. If it matters so much to you, call and ask beforehand.

Also, you might be having bad luck. I just looked at every course I've played since starting to play again in late July, and every one of them has had some sort of practice green available. Weird you're catching so many courses with them closed.

Reserving and paying online are very minor sacrifices to make, and arguably much easier (and unquestionably safer, but I know you don't believe in Covid) than calling around. Maybe just accept that, and you'll have less to complain about.
 Message #96557 - This was a reply to message #96555
chevelle

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Friday October 9, 2020 12:35 PM
Mark, why did you make this personal again, thsta is BS. Cqlling and paying on libe fir a 4 some is a pain when then you have to seddle up with each other at the fourse and you only hsve credir cards. Mark, stop already make this personal. ... johnny, you mind as well freeze this post as well. I can't seemed to comment on anything with it being personal against me.

[[Edited by chevelle on Friday October 9, 2020 12:37 PM]]
 Message #96558 - This was a reply to message #96557
Itslikeimsayin

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Friday October 9, 2020 12:43 PM
Why did you post this in the first place if you don't want feedback? Just to vent?

News flash, lots of things are "a pain" right now because there's a worldwide pandemic. Stopping at the ATM is a small inconvenience to be able to play golf, isn't it? Or get with the times and open a Venmo account and pay your friends that way. Believe me, it's super easy.
 Message #96559 - This was a reply to message #96558
Itslikeimsayin

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Friday October 9, 2020 12:50 PM
Also, where did I make it personal? I'm trying to address your complaints and show you how they could be easily overcome.

You've acknowledged you don't believe in Covid, so me mentioning that is hardly making it "personal." I only mentioned that because even if you feel it's easier to pay in person, course management might not want you near their employees because they are trying to be safe.
 Message #96560 - This was a reply to message #96558

Listing 1 to 10 of 28 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]