Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By JohnnyGK

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
When do Tee Times become available?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: When do Tee Times become available?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 25 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
mpisarski01
When do Tee Times become available?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday December 2, 2020 1:09 PM
As most have you have realized getting a tee time is a tough task these day unless you book far in advance. I got this idea from the Olivas Link forum post. If you have knowledge of when tee times become available please post it here.

For example Journey at Pechanga is a very desirable tee time to get right now and usually sells out a few hours after posting. I learned that the tee times become available at 9pm 8 days in advance. So if you are looking for a Saturday tee time you need to login on a Friday night at 9pm one week prior.

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Wednesday December 2, 2020 1:10 PM]]
 Message #97124
str8up
RE: When do Tee Times become available?

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday December 2, 2020 1:32 PM
Seems like tee times are the new original K-Sig golf ball when Costco first introduced them. Rare, hard-to-find, sells out as soon as it becomes available and any info on how to procure is being closely guarded. LOL
 Message #97125 - This was a reply to message #97124
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Wednesday December 2, 2020 2:04 PM
QUOTED  any info on how to procure is being closely guarded.

Yeah but the folks here at GK were always nice enough to brag about where they were
 Message #97127 - This was a reply to message #97125
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday December 2, 2020 2:20 PM
QUOTED  I got this idea from the Olivas Link forum post. If you have knowledge of when tee times become available please post it here.

Great Idea! - Thank You
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #97128 - This was a reply to message #97124
ringworld

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

Wednesday December 2, 2020 2:30 PM
Not to throw fuel on the fire, for LA city and their new tee time reservations exactly 5 minutes past the release of tee times, they are no longer available. It one of two things.

1. Everybody in creation are calling to reserve these times. It’s plausible especially when the supply has been drastically reduced (daylight savings + 10 minute tee time spacings. Think of it one foursome every 10 minutes or 6 groups (24 golfers) per hour coupled with 12 hours of daylight equals approximately 10 hours available for playing (2 hours left to at least finish 9 holes) which equals 120-240 paid golfers.

2. There are tee times being reserved but not bought indefinitely. For example folks will reserve the time but not buy, leaving them in a shopping cart until the carts are refreshed from non-buyers. It’s strange but a possibility.

Personally as a single golfer I can no longer reserve tee times for myself. Got find “family members - same household” to reserve tee times. It’s not the most convinientnposition to be in.

@mpisarski. Those Costco balls were overruns. They are one shot deals. If they overbuild orders they liquidate overruns. I think it rarely happens now unfortunately.
Work Hard. Play Golf! www.ace-cases.com
Oh yeah, I blog too: www.golfing-guru.com

Know before you go.... golfing with Greenskeeper.org!
 Message #97129 - This was a reply to message #97127
abbacat

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Wednesday December 2, 2020 2:42 PM
Just got this email from LA city golf

Due to the necessity to comply with the new LA County Public Health Temporary Targeted Safer at Home Health Order, we are hereby cancelling all existing reservations through December 10th and asking golfers to rebook to ensure that all members of the group are from the same household.

We are implementing this extra measure to protect both our loyal golfers and our staff as per direction from the Health Officer. We appreciate both your cooperation and understanding.

[[Edited by abbacat on Wednesday December 2, 2020 2:51 PM]]
 Message #97130 - This was a reply to message #97129
str8up

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday December 2, 2020 2:53 PM
LA City Golf's Facebook page is littered with negative comments about their tee time reservation system. I've only been successful in getting an early AM time for Sat/Sun ONCE in the last 3 months. As soon as times release at 6am or 5 mins past, their reservation system glitches HARD and by the time it recovers, all that's left is afternoon times.

Also, from what I've found out in my own digging, a lot of sites use GolfNow as a white-label for their bookings. What I think this means is that when you're trying to book on those sites, you're competing with the "retail" channel of GolfNow that's trying to resell via their convenience fee, the same times.

How can this be proven? Well, here's what happened with Costa Mesa Los Lagos:
- Their Saturday tee times release on Friday at some random times after 12a
- The times are available on both Costa Mesa's site AND on GolfNow
- I tried to book a Saturday time both ways and take a guess which one I was successful on with getting a 630a time for a group of 4?
 Message #97132 - This was a reply to message #97129
t8fish
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

Wednesday December 2, 2020 2:59 PM
For the record, and current policies notwithstanding, LA City tee times become available for general public at 6:00am seven days prior to your target date. If you have a $25 City Players Card (I have the Senior version), it is nine days before your target date.

The last time I scored a Friday tee time at Rancho, I was up and poised at my computer to hit "begin search" for tee times on the reservation site at 5:59am nine days before. The instant my computer rolled to 6:00 I hit the search. They go fast and Ranch is probably the most popular.

The idea of phoning in at first availability is a non-starter. Before online reservations you had to phone in, and that meant redialing through the busy signals. Online gives you access and a fighting chance.

At other times it's possible to call in reservations on the courses that are in less demand. I only call in if I have a question or I need to cancel a reservation inside the penalty period, in which case you can't cancel online at that point.
 Message #97133 - This was a reply to message #97129
zachary

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Paul Goydos
Favorite Golf Course:
    Industry Hills

Wednesday December 2, 2020 5:05 PM
Ok, I know Costa Mesa releases tee times at 12:30am, 8 days in advance. So I have gotten out of bed at 1230 and still can’t get a time on a Saturday. Very stupid. I know jc allows me as a carlsbad resident to make a time 30 days out and the sam3 with Encinitas ranch. Jc members can only do it 8 days out, so good luck getting a time at either course. I know there are a few others but I need to refresh before posting just to make sure.
 Message #97134 - This was a reply to message #97124
RDDenn

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

Wednesday December 2, 2020 7:05 PM
LA County is seven days ahead, 5:00 am. We had 20 guys or so getting tee times for team play in August/September for Saturday mornings. We were lucky to get five tee times out of that for any time before 1:00 pm. I was never able to get one despite trying three different Saturdays. The times are literally gone in the blink of an eye. Incredibly frustrating.
 Message #97137 - This was a reply to message #97124

Listing 1 to 10 of 25 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]