Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By JohnnyGK

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
OnCore Golf Ball - What do you think of it?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: OnCore Golf Ball - What do you think of it?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1
noeldaof
OnCore Golf Ball - What do you think of it?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday December 21, 2020 1:57 PM
Guys,

I was gifted a few OnCore golf balls and were able to try it over the weekend. I do not normally tell others nor am I impressed with many other balls in the market as they come and go. I have been a loyalist of a top brand (if not the #1 ball) out there for many years. The OnCore balls are listed for $34.95 a dozen. I played the Elixir model, but they have a higher and lower end model.

This is a great ball to try and I'm very impressed with it, needless to say. Not a marketing pitch... c'mon... lol. I'm just impressed and thought about sharing it here as well as to ask what you think of it. It'd be a nice thread if anything.

If you have tried this ball, then you have had experienced with this product- let us know what you think of this ball.

If you have not tried it, I think you owe it to yourself to give it a try... oh, and please let us know here.

here's their link.
https://www.oncoregolf.com/

Thanks for reading.
_n.
JVGA
 Message #97315
noeldaof
RE: OnCore Golf Ball - What do you think of it?

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday January 11, 2021 10:01 AM
It doesn't look like there's much interest in this ball- it's a tough business to be in golf equipment for sure. But I've played OnCore for a couple of weeks now. It's performance is just amazing for the price- a premium ball and performance for a lower price.

So I've played the ELIXR and the VERO model of the OnCore balls. The ELIXR feels softer and flies a little lower than the VERO. The distance are more or less the same with many other top brand ball that I've played.

Have you played it?
JVGA
 Message #97543 - This was a reply to message #97315
Circaflex
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Bubba Watson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Revere

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday February 13, 2021 5:55 PM
when they first brought out their tour level ball i signed up and tried a demo sleeve; they were nice and were like any other ball to me. The price isnt bad, but you have Snell out there for the same if not cheaper which I think is a better ball all around.
#Ping #Taylormade #Bettinardo #Snell #MitholoG #Sunfishknit
 Message #97858 - This was a reply to message #97315
jamesg18015

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Sunday February 14, 2021 1:29 PM
When the Elixr first came out (2017?), Wegmans grocery stores in the northeast were selling them and I bought a few dozen to try as the price was right ($24/dozen). You probably think a grocery store is a weird place to sell an obscure brand of golf balls, but they are both upstate-NY based businesses, so I'm guessing that connection had something to do with it.

I had been usually playing ProV1 at the time. I felt the Elixr spun better from 100 yards in, better feel around the greens, similar distance off the tee. It was a good ball, but the local Wegmans ran out of them and didn't re-stock, I then found Snell, and have been playing Snell MTB ever since.

I still see the Elixr on the shelf at golf galaxy for $35/dozen and get emails from OnCore offering deals for well under that, but I'm sticking with Snell. Even though I felt the Elixr was a little more durable than the Snell. The Snell seems to go the longest off the tee for me compared to other balls in its class, particularly on mis-hits. I'm done with the ProV1 unless I find an almost-new one on the course. I think the Elixr is a good ball but it is just competing in a very crowded "indie" premium ball market right now.
 Message #97862 - This was a reply to message #97315
kurator62

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday March 18, 2021 5:24 AM
Kirkland, hands down
 Message #98256 - This was a reply to message #97315
nachosgrande

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Wednesday March 24, 2021 4:55 PM
The Elixir is a great ball for the price. Plays similarly to a TP5x, Snell MTB, etc. If you can get a deal on them, they are definitely worth a try.
 Message #98295 - This was a reply to message #97315

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]