Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By JohnnyGK

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
Higher priced tee times sustainable?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Higher priced tee times sustainable?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 27 of 27 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
tocho261
RE: Higher priced tee times sustainable?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    kj choi
Favorite Golf Course:
    the reserve

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday January 7, 2021 7:41 AM
Just the past couple of weeks I played I started having little mini games on the course. I would try to play a round where the longest club I hit would be a 3 wood from the blues, then another day I would play from the whites and the longest club I would hit would be my 4 iron. Fortunately for me I never get tired of playing at dos lagos.
 Message #97503 - This was a reply to message #97497
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday January 7, 2021 11:25 AM
It was a fun 15 years of golf when I joined Crystalaire. I tried to come back after a year, but the membership had been very low and assessments were not something I was expecting those days so I play the public courses now.
Anyway, no, it was never boring at all to play the same course for 15 years. Whenever we or I played a different course, it was a nice treat, but coming back to play the home course is also a nice thing and I've always looked forward to it. In fact, I am thinking of coming back again.
JVGA
 Message #97505 - This was a reply to message #97497
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Thursday January 7, 2021 1:58 PM
Nick: When I read the post about the sibling, only one word came to mind: Moochers.
 Message #97509 - This was a reply to message #97499
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Thursday January 7, 2021 3:37 PM
QUOTED  Thats why I am a member at Dos Lagos. I pay 1800 for a year and get unlimited rounds of golf including Saturdays and Sundays. They do charge you 9 dollars for a cart, but since I walk I do not have to pay anything. I did notice ever since I got the membership I play less rounds at other courses. Since the pandemic hit I noticed i played maybe 15 rounds at another course. I did the math and noticed I have used up the 1800 after the first 4 months of my membership. Now I am playing for free for the rest of the 8 months. Can't beat that.

That's a pretty solid deal on a pretty solid course ... good stuff, Tom!
 Message #97510 - This was a reply to message #97493
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Thursday January 7, 2021 3:38 PM
QUOTED  do you ever get bored playing the same course? i've considered joining a club but one of the things i love about golf is the variety of courses, holes, conditions, and environments, and feel like i'd get antsy and bored playing the same 18 over and over again.

Same boat here ... not sure I'd ever want to join a club with a cost so high I had to justify playing there week in and week out. I love the variety of layouts, locations and scenery that I get traveling around every week.
 Message #97511 - This was a reply to message #97497
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday January 7, 2021 6:11 PM
to me, golf is golf... i'm just happy hitting the ball. So for me, the fact that the course is 5 min away, is always in awesome shape, has good members, can practice as much as I like, and have never had a problem getting on last minute, trumps the 'playing one course' issue.

Of my 115 rounds, at least 80 of them were at my home course. To me, it just makes the away rounds that much more special.

When I lived 10 min from Santa Anita, I ended up playing there most of the time... but the course conditions weren't as good, it was impossible to get a time, and walking on as a single was often 45 min wait. But it was 10 min away, and I didn't mind playing there 20 times a year.
 Message #97513 - This was a reply to message #97511
dangerousbri
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday January 7, 2021 11:05 PM
I think of it like this, if you enjoy playing and want to get out and swing, any course is the great, even if the same one. Your ball is rarely in the same place unless you're amazing at golf, so you'll always see something new. No one would ever question some one going out to shoot hoops on the same court over and over again. You're playing for the enjoyment. Growing up I played one course every day over the summer and never got bored. For the right price I would do the same today.
 Message #97515 - This was a reply to message #97497

Listing 21 to 27 of 27 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]