GK Cup 17
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 17

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 87 Replies

PAGES: 9 1 2 3 4 5
Nickesquire
GK Cup 17
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday March 28, 2021 10:22 AM
Letting people pick their opponents has worked very well to promote more, easier to schedule matches. We had many players last time get in the maximum amount of matches. The goal is players getting together for friendly competition and sharing their match stories on GK.

Many participating have asked for MORE GK Cup. So more GK Cup it is. This schedule would cover half a year's worth of GK Cup.

Last few days of March, April, May, June, July up until August 31st would cover all the best weather months to play up to 8 preliminary matches. Also allow maximum flexibility on downtime for personal issues (vacations, minor injuries etc.) with historically almost no downtime for weather in Southern California.

Semi Finals and Finals in September on GK Sponsor courses selected and scheduled by John.

That would keep everyone involved playing up to 5 months and the players qualifying for the Semi Finals and Finals playing up to 6 months.

Based on recent forum posts, sounds like Mark, Matt, Alex, Sal and David are ready to go.

Let's avoid a needless stream of e-mails/posts to sign me up. Consider all who participated in the last GK Cup for singles (GK Cup 15) as on the eligible list of opponents once they pay their entry fee unless already a Greenskeeper Golf Club member. Only contact me if any contact info has changed. Everyone should have a contact list.

YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY ONCE YOU EITHER

1-ARE A GREENSKEEPER SCGA GOLF CLUB MEMBER, OR
2-PAY GREENSKEEPER.ORG A $25 ENTRY FEE

and

HAVE AN ACTIVE GHIN WITH 10+ SCORES POSTED.

VENMO to @John-Hakim-4

or will be setting up GK Blog purchase page shortly.

** FREE TO GREENSKEEPER SCGA GOLF CLUB MEMBERS **

Message: Nickesquire on Greenskeeper.org or Email: Nick Byrd at nickesquire@hotmail.com if you are not already on the eligible list of opponents.

Please provide your information for the following:
• Greenskeeper.org username
• Last Name
• First Name
• City
• Phone Contact
• E-mail Contact (personal E-mail)
• Current USGA/GHIN Index #

GK Cup participants who are GK SCGA Golf Club members eligible to play and players who have signed up and paid the $25 entrance fee.

#AndrewZ28 (entry fee)
Atreitman (SCGA GK Golf Club)
Circaflex (SCGA GK Golf Club)
**Dconnally (SCGA GK Golf Club)
FirstFlightFX-101 (SCGA GK Golf Club)
#gary00 (SCGA GK Golf Club)
hammer74 (SCGA GK Golf Club)
Itslikeimsayin (SCGA GK Golf Club)
JohnnyGK (SCGA GK Golf Club)
kviser (SCGA GK Golf Club)
Long4par (SCGA GK Golf Club)
****lotrgolfer48 (entry fee)
mcantos (SCGA GK Golf Club)
Mpisarski01 (SCGA GK Golf Club)
Nickesquire (SCGA GK Golf Club)
#PokerGuy0826 (SCGA GK Golf Club)
roarksown1 (entry fee)
#sandrail05 (entry fee)
sbarajasjr (SCGA GK Golf Club)
Sbogey (SCGA GK Golf Club)
sbsgolf (SCGA GK Golf Club)
t8fish (SCGA GK Golf Club)
tocho261 (SCGA GK Golf Club)

# GK Cup team titles held.
* GK Cup individual titles held.

Is this the GK Cup Matt S. adds a ring for the thumb? Or will there be a first time winner?

Anyone not listed who desires to participate. Please e-mail me your contact info and you will be added to the list of eligible opponents and to the contact list. Must either join the GK SCGA Golf Club or pay a $25 entry fee to be eligible. Cutoff date for sign ups is 5/15/21.

With Sal now in Az., there are plenty of possibilities for all the So Cal people to get in matches on destination type courses. And Sal still has So Cal roots, so sure he will again sometimes be in So Cal. Alex/Peter deserve a huge shoutout for doing what it takes to get matches played the last couple of GK Cups. Participants like Matt P. and Robert come to mind as people who also have shown a willingness to make a day/weekend of things to get together with fellow GKers and play multiple matches on nice courses @ distance. Plenty of possibilities for the people who prefer more local play to get together as well.

Hopefully we add some more players to the core group who would like to get together and play. You play when and if you want, everyone is free to play as few matches as you choose up to the maximum of 8.

For those of you who have considered playing and have not. It has been my experience that the people on the list above are friendly, dependable, fun people to enjoy a round of golf with. Any that were truly "bad apples" were long ago weeded out. That I have played with almost all of them. Played many of them in GK Cup matches. Won against a few, lost against more than a few... but every match was a good time!

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Tuesday July 6, 2021 3:46 PM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98338
mpisarski01
RE: GK Cup 17
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Sunday March 28, 2021 12:22 PM
Amazing! Once again thanks for running this Nick!
 Message #98341 - This was a reply to message #98338
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Sunday March 28, 2021 1:49 PM
Right on! Kudos to the GK cup committee. 8 matches now for pool play...let's try it!

*my hat is formally in the ring.
Cheers,
 Message #98342 - This was a reply to message #98338
caligolfer1031
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Adam Scott, Bubba Watson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Sunday March 28, 2021 2:22 PM
QUOTED  It has been my experience that any truly "bad apples" were long ago weeded out. That the people of the list above are friendly, fun people to enjoy a round of golf with.

I guess I am one of those "bad apples" since I had the drop out once.
 Message #98343 - This was a reply to message #98338
gary00
GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    jack
Favorite Golf Course:
    arrow wood

Sunday March 28, 2021 3:05 PM
I would favor keeping the pool play to 6 matches. Currently many courses are in maintenance mode and will not be in ready for play until well after 4/15.
And speaking for myself I have 2 3 week trips in July and AugusGuess I am going to have to hustle early.
 Message #98345 - This was a reply to message #98344
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Sunday March 28, 2021 5:41 PM
QUOTED  I would favor keeping the pool play to 6 matches.

5 more weeks added to the timeframe to get the matches in.

QUOTED  Currently many courses are in maintenance mode and will not be in ready for play until well after 4/15.

The period for this GK Cup runs so long that we will almost be getting into fall maintenance for some courses.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98348 - This was a reply to message #98345
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Sunday March 28, 2021 11:12 PM
Nice write-up Nick ... thanks for all you do. You know I'm in!
 Message #98349 - This was a reply to message #98348
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Monday March 29, 2021 9:02 AM
Mpisarski01 vs Lotrgolfer48 - THE TRILOGY! to be played at Barona Creek this Sunday.
 Message #98353 - This was a reply to message #98338
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Monday March 29, 2021 9:32 AM
I give up - why is this a TRILOGY?
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #98354 - This was a reply to message #98353
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Monday March 29, 2021 9:38 AM
This is the 3rd time we are playing in a GK cup match over the years with each of us winning 1 match.
 Message #98355 - This was a reply to message #98354

Listing 1 to 10 of 87 Replies

PAGES: 9 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]