IT Band Syndrone

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday June 21, 2021 6:15 AM
Well I am out of commission for 2 to 8 weeks with IT Band Syndrone. For those unfamiliar with it, you have a ligament running from your butt down the back outside of your leg and attaches to the outside of your knee. When this is over worked the ligament rubs against the hip bone and tightens up. The causes tremendous pain on the outside of the knee when twisted. Have started stretching exercises, and ice. Have also bought a foam roller. The web says this is a very common injury, over 200,000 per year and just takes exercise, ice and time to heal. Bummer, I was starting to play better with the warm weather, and this also means I will not get another round in at Mile Square Players before it is closed. I have 5/8 acre property and do allot of weeding and such, my buddies always tell me not to let that get in the way of golf, LOL
 Message #99306
24hourgolf
RE: IT Band Syndrone
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnold Palmer
Favorite Golf Course:
    Lahinch

Monday June 21, 2021 7:19 AM
I hope you have a speedy recovery.
 Message #99307 - This was a reply to message #99306
abbacat

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday June 21, 2021 9:45 AM
Been there with resulting damage to both knees. Got considerably relief from deep tissue massage by my physical therapist. Hurt like hell but so much better afterwards.
 Message #99311 - This was a reply to message #99307
parmegt

Favorite Golfer:
    Dustin
Favorite Golf Course:
    Aviara

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday June 21, 2021 11:49 AM
Roller hurts, but helps!

GL with it.
 Message #99314 - This was a reply to message #99306
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Monday June 21, 2021 1:09 PM
I had pain on the outside of my lead knee(righty) starting in late 2019 and into 2020. I was experimenting with shallowing my swing at the same time as playing lighter clubs. By the time I decided to see my Doctor, I had already hung up the aggressive soft spikes for running shoes and resorted to the slip on knee compression sleeve. Doc told me even though the knee sleeve feels good, I can easily over heat that knee since its made of neoprene. He agreed with hanging up the aggressive spikes, and said try opening my lead foot up to the target. He prescribed Diclofenac Sodium 1% cream, said stretch before anything and easy walks for awhile. My pain went away in about 6 weeks. I now have spikeless tread golf shoes, stretch in the mornings and still incorporate the open lead foot. There's always a frozen bean bag in the freezer ready to go for icing.
Good luck with your healing.

*yup, Doc is a golfer.
 Message #99317 - This was a reply to message #99306
chevelle

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Monday June 21, 2021 3:46 PM
Thanks everyone, I found some exercises to do and they really hurt but seems to help. The 4" foam roller came yesterday and used it this morning, yikes that hurt, the small hand held roller comes Wednesday. I also scheduled a massage thru the chiropractic office Wednesday with a chiro adjustment right after. This is new to me to have to do all this and be immobile. 24 years ago I crack 2 ribs and only took 2 weeks off bowling, and I was averaging 219 at the time so it was not just throwing the ball, allot of torque as pokerguy0826 knows, I can usually get thru it but being 68 now changes things. I hope to be back soon. Thanks again
 Message #99322 - This was a reply to message #99317
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Tuesday June 22, 2021 3:15 AM
I do deep tissue massage every two to three weeks and am beginning to be able to play almost pain free. That and yoga are saving me from quitting golf altogether. It is a blessing!

[[Edited by Rat-Patrol on Tuesday June 22, 2021 3:15 AM]]
 Message #99323 - This was a reply to message #99322
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Wednesday June 23, 2021 5:07 PM
So was it the weeding or the golf (or both) that caused the problem? If golf, what part of the swing, do you think, was the main culprit? And, before this happened, did you do much stretching before golf?
 Message #99338 - This was a reply to message #99322
chevelle

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Thursday June 24, 2021 5:57 AM
I think it was the weeding, using a hula hoe for 4 days straight. Your lower bad and actually your knee is used to push pull this over the ground while you are partially bend at the waste. Then right after the yard work I played golf 6 out the next 9 days.
I found exercises to do that appear to work. Also bought a roller that is working, and I went for a deep massage thru my chiro office yesterday that really hurt but it feels allot better today. Have another scheduled for July 15th. I was playing golf on this bad knee for about 2 weeks and on June 11th it just became so bad I decided I have to take time off and get it better, so it has only been 2 weeks of rehab so far.
I so stretch before golf but I need to do a better job of it.
 Message #99339 - This was a reply to message #99338
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday June 28, 2021 5:00 PM
Hope you feel better. I'm sure you'll catch a better round than Mile Square... as you already know, health is much more important than the round there.
JVGA
 Message #99368 - This was a reply to message #99339

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]