Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By JohnnyGK

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
Early tee times at Rustic Canyon?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Early tee times at Rustic Canyon?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
hugepark
Early tee times at Rustic Canyon?

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday June 21, 2021 11:57 AM
Does anyone here know how to get a tee time before 7:00 AM at Rustic Canyon? It seems like they do not even post those times online, and when I call the phone number, I can only reach a "reservation desk" -- which appears to be a call center they outsource to -- and they only have the same tee times available as online. It used to be a lot easier than this, where you could book tee time slots starting from sunrise until whenever, but now it seems that those early tee times are reserved for someone else. (I can't imagine they start sending people out at 7. If I'm wrong, please correct me.)
 Message #99315
Deepsea14
RE: Early tee times at Rustic Canyon?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday June 21, 2021 1:03 PM
Are there very many tee times before 7am anywhere anymore?

We did get one yesterday in Ione, Castle Oaks at 6:09 and today and 6:52 Wildhawk in Sacramento so I have answered my own question.

But to go on your thought (I think) I have noticed that the sun-up tee-up times at the dawns early light are NOT available like they used to be.

Today is the summer solstice. Seems the courses are not using all daylight hours as they used to for the earliest times possible the past few years, even before pandemic.

Mainly use the web to search times and them will call the course most times to book and to ask if there is anything earlier just to see if the real early times are available. If there is it's only one slot earlier lately. around 7am and they put the employees out first many circumstances and say you'll never catch 'em.
 Message #99316 - This was a reply to message #99315
hugepark

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday June 21, 2021 1:18 PM
Thanks for the reply. In the LA area, most of the courses I've been playing (LA city and county managed) have tee times beginning at ~5:15 am right now. Now, whether you can be fast enough to actually get one of those early times (especially on the weekend) is another question. Also, some of the courses have member or city resident clubs that enable those members to book earlier than the public. However what I've noticed for Rustic Canyon is that it seems those early tee times just don't actually exist or they never get posted. So hoping someone who knows how it works at Rustic to provide any advice.
 Message #99319 - This was a reply to message #99316
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Wednesday June 30, 2021 1:40 PM
Sorry late to the party on this one. You can call and ask the guys in the shop or the online booking agency if they even do tee times before 7am? This is my home course and if I remember correctly I remember seeing a posted sign just outside the clubhouse stating no tee times before 7am. Anyway great course and hope you can get out there for a round
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #99383 - This was a reply to message #99319
hugepark

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday July 1, 2021 8:29 AM
Thanks for the reply! Nice that it's your home course -- I wish I lived closer so I could play Rustic more often.

Yeah, when I called, the booking agency clearly didn't know anything beyond what's listed on the website. When I asked to be transferred to the Pro Shop, they put me on hold and after a minute came back on the line saying the Pro Shop didn't pick up. I tried this 2 more times later in the week and same thing happened, so it seems they don't want to talk with anyone. (Again if I lived closer, I could just drive over and ask someone there.)

Interesting what you noted about a sign stating no tee times before 7 am. That clearly seems to be the case with the tee times online. But then the other day I got an email from Rustic Canyon about specials on June 29, and one of them was a tee time for 1 player at 6:50 am. So anyway, my only guess is that they reserve times for "members" early in the morning, and then when they have the odd opening, they let the public in. Seems like it wasn't that way before.
 Message #99388 - This was a reply to message #99383

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]