Brookside Koiner Tee Times
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday July 4, 2021 12:10 AM
Friends and I were looking to play Koiner next Sunday. I was up with the baby so decided to stay up until midnight to try and snag a tee time. Refreshed literally at 12:00:01 am and the first 3 times I clicked on were no longer available before finally settling on a 12:40 pm time. Before the clock turned to 12:01 the earliest available was a 4:00 pm.

Is there REALLY that many people trying to book all right at drop time? Or is there some kind of back-room tee time site that scoops these up with computer software and "flips" them?

I'm sure this isn't limited to just this course, but it was wild to watch the times disappear as fast as they did.
 Message #99404
sbarajasjr
RE: Brookside Koiner Tee Times
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Lee Trevino
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday July 4, 2021 6:52 AM
If the booking system is anything like Torrey Pines, then yes not only are there that many people trying to get them, but the reason they disappear so fast (at least at Torrey) is the out of towners end up ponying up the $30 advanced booking fee just to guarantee a tee time before the regular tee times appear on the site. Also, not sure how it works with Brookside, but at least two different hotels next to Torrey also have a slot of tee times they have reserved for guests who stay there. All that and with COVID fueling the uptick in play, makes for a hard time trying to get a desirable tee time (especially weekends).
 Message #99405 - This was a reply to message #99404
Mrkich

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Monday July 5, 2021 7:43 PM
there was some conversation on another site about any tee time engine without a captcha (I am not a robot) getting snagged up by bots, mainly as it pertained to LA City courses. The person with the bot would then go on to sell the tee times privately for a profit. the quickness with which the tee times disappear is not humanly possible so I wouldn't implicate anyone working at a course directly, but they have to be aware of the issue but I'm guessing no one cares at the City or County level since it doesn't impact their bottom line.
 Message #99412 - This was a reply to message #99404
Krystal

Favorite Golfer:
    dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Royal County Down

Monday July 5, 2021 9:33 PM
Brookside Men's Golf Club takes 3:00:00 of tee times almost every Sunday morning on either Koiner or Nay... 9:00 am - noon.

krys
 Message #99413 - This was a reply to message #99404
parmegt

Favorite Golfer:
    Dustin
Favorite Golf Course:
    Aviara

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday July 6, 2021 4:30 PM
I've heard the same about BOTS grabbing Tee Times. BigV/Oaks in Valencia went to a system that defeats the BOTS. My buddy at Porter Valley knows a guy that gets the same 4some at the same time every week using BOT. LA City is another that let's it go...

LA City seems to have eased some, I got Rancho & Wilson 2 out of 3 weeks.

Good Luck all.
 Message #99414 - This was a reply to message #99412
str8up

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Wednesday July 7, 2021 8:26 AM
try grabbing a time manually on los verdes - every time up until late afternoon gets snapped up literally in the first 5 seconds. they're either being heavily botted and/or the starter crew is on the take to backdoor the slots out. heard that there's supposedly a group of regulars that have a STANDING time every sat in the first few groups that go out in the AM.
 Message #99422 - This was a reply to message #99414
parmegt

Favorite Golfer:
    Dustin
Favorite Golf Course:
    Aviara

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday July 7, 2021 9:19 AM
A group of guys at Simi Hills have a "standing" Tee time on Sat mornings. Been that way for 30 years. I s**t you not. Multiple 4somes.

Simi "starters" also used to put groups of regs out in front of our 1x a year tournament. This caused 5 1/2 hour rounds. That Club no longer plays Simi.

Los Verdes was always a bad one too. Courses like tourneys, the guys usually will play a warm up round the week before (more$$ to course.) And you get a group of 50 or 60 guys out & they are going to eat/drink much more than the same amount of "regs". Plus the $5-10 extra charged for a tourney. Starters don't get a piece of the tourney $$, but they get "tips" & outright bribes from the regs. American Golf claims that they will crack down on this type of thing, but obviously they don't.
 Message #99425 - This was a reply to message #99422
bmanmp

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy & Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek GC

Wednesday July 7, 2021 11:15 AM
Sunset Hills is the same way. "Supposed" to be a lottery system for the weekend tee times, and you're not able to book further than a week out, but every single time we either get the same weekend spot (because we have a guy who's been there for 25 years in our 4-some) or the friday spots are set for the same people every week. Don't think courses really care all that much tbh if the spots are full then they're not losing any money either way.
 Message #99426 - This was a reply to message #99404
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Thursday July 8, 2021 11:22 AM
I wonder if the golf courses know about this info above, and if they do what are they doing about it.

Simi Hills sounds like they just do whatever they want.

Or do those other courses even care either?

It seems like as long as their books are full, why should they care, huh. Let the goodol' boys play on?
JVGA
 Message #99430 - This was a reply to message #99414
PokerGuy0826
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    TPC Sawgrass

Thursday July 8, 2021 2:29 PM
As is the case almost everywhere, tee times are difficult to come by, now, more than ever.

I must however come to the defense of Simi Hills. I have no standing times there, but have played a number of weekend rounds on or around 6am. Is it easy? Nope! Do we have more than one guy online and ready to go as early as possible? You betcha! Are we always successful? Nope. But when all is said and done, we get out there and we have a great time, so there ya go.

It's not easy & it's not guaranteed, but I know for a fact, it's also not rigged. Conspiracy theorists be d%mn ed!!

Good luck guys!!
 Message #99432 - This was a reply to message #99404

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]