Rain Gloves
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Rain Gloves

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
dconnally
Rain Gloves

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday July 10, 2021 3:46 PM
Watching the John Deere Classic this weekend and it’s raining quite a bit there. Many players and commentators are talking about keeping grips dry, and ducking under umbrellas.

I’m wondering why more players don’t use rain gloves. Many years ago, while playing in the Myrtle Beach area where thunderstorms are frequent, I was introduced to rain gloves and found them to be highly effective. The wetter the weather gets, the better they grip the club. And to me, they play just like regular gloves.

So now I carry a pair in my bag all the time, just in case they are needed. I wonder why more players, including the pros, don’t use them.

Anyone else carry these in their bag?
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #99435
abbacat
RE: Rain Gloves

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Saturday July 10, 2021 4:34 PM
I keep a pair in my bag. Great for wet weather or just to keep my hands warmer on very cold mornings
 Message #99436 - This was a reply to message #99435
t8fish
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

Saturday July 10, 2021 10:23 PM
I keep a pair on hand (so to speak). Used them in Ireland when I played there in the rain. That was the only occasion but I feel better having them in reserve.
 Message #99437 - This was a reply to message #99436
Hogan

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Golf Club of Ca..LaPurisi

Sunday July 11, 2021 1:04 PM
Growing up in Chicago, rain and cold weather gloves were a necessity, still carry both types in my bag to this day, the rain gloves of today are far superior to the gloves in the past, also, carry 2-3 new gloves in my bag in case...good, clean grips, a new golf glove, really helps post better scores, drive safely, stay healthy, CGG...
 Message #99438 - This was a reply to message #99437
140ver

Favorite Golfer:
    angel cabrera
Favorite Golf Course:
    trump scotland-GC only

Sunday July 11, 2021 3:55 PM
YES to the rain gloves in my bag. One of the great values in golf. I do not hesitate to play in the wet with a pair of gloves in my bag. If it ever rains again at Torrey, tee times cancel and with a pair in your bag you'll get out and not blame your score on the rain.
 Message #99439 - This was a reply to message #99438

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]