Coral Mountain turns off the water
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Coral Mountain turns off the water

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1
Itslikeimsayin
Coral Mountain turns off the water
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday July 22, 2021 12:59 PM
Sounds like Coral Mountain Golf Club in La Quinta stopped watering the course earlier this week as part of a dispute between the course owners in bankruptcy and the community homeowners.

I've still never played it, and maybe now never will.

https://kesq.com/news/2021/07/21/exclusive-water-shut-off-at-la-quinta-golf-course-as-owner-files-for-bankruptcy/
 Message #99509
JohnnyGK
RE: Coral Mountain turns off the water

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Friday July 23, 2021 1:58 PM
A source which I need to keep anonymous because this is legal matter informed me...

"That the Restaurant (separate entity) filed bankruptcy last year and not the golf course. The water was shut off last week and the course is trying to resolve that issue legally but they have another water source in the meantime and that the course is still in good condition and operating as normal."

Now how accurate that information is we will only know once a GKer plays the course and writes a review.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #99523 - This was a reply to message #99509
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Saturday September 11, 2021 12:45 PM
Any further news on this?

I see Underpar has a special going at this course.
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #100062 - This was a reply to message #99523
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Monday January 3, 2022 8:21 AM
Golf Moose now offering discounts. Last review is one year ago.

Any update on water situation/course conditions?
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #101208 - This was a reply to message #100062
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Monday January 3, 2022 12:35 PM
Saw that Golf Moose offer and did some research. Found a bunch of pics from a recent junior tourney. Looked very playable but not overseeded or lush like many other desert courses this time of year.
 Message #101212 - This was a reply to message #101208
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Monday January 3, 2022 5:12 PM
QUOTED  Saw that Golf Moose offer and did some research. Found a bunch of pics from a recent junior tourney. Looked very playable but not overseeded or lush like many other desert courses this time of year.

Thank You!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #101214 - This was a reply to message #101212
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Thursday January 6, 2022 9:03 AM
Coral Mountain went through several name changes over the years... Trilogy, GC @ La Quinta etc.

They hosted a couple of Skins games about 15 years ago which is their claim to fame. You will see many pics of Woods, Daly etc.

14Over and I played there a couple of times on 2 person UP/GM type deals.

Their summer deal was unlimited golf and lunch. And we intended to take advantage of the unlimited golf part. Problem was, they closed before 5pm. And when I say closed, I am not talking the pro shop... they came out and told you to drive in shortly after 4pm, because they were going to shut everything down and pad lock the parking lot. When you could have golfed until 8:30 that time of year, this fact was very disappointing to not be advised beforehand.

Lunch part of the voucher was outstanding. Think you got to pick any item on the lunch menu and they shuttled it to you on the course.

Their winter deal when the days are shorter includes replay... but you will be lucky to get in 36. Even if you start @ 7am, course much more crowded. And you cannot schedule the replay until you finish 18... so it may be awhile before you are worked in if you desire more than 18.

This course is not worth the price on the "deals" for "just" 18 holes IMO. If I could get in at least 2 rounds on the "deal" price, I could justify playing there.

The course? Okay. But nothing special in layout or condition the times I played there. At best, middle of the road for the Palm Springs area. You can do better elsewhere IMO.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #101236 - This was a reply to message #101214

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]