mlslaw
Left hand low

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday August 28, 2021 2:12 PM
Thinking of switching from a traditional right hand low to left hand low putting style. Played croquet recently for the first time in a long time and just naturally grabbed the mallet in a left hand low style that seemed pretty natural. Have practiced a lil bit with it and the roll seems a bit more fluid--more of a "pull" rather than a "push" that eliminates the left wrist breakdown (I'm a righty). Benefits and detriments in your experience??
 Message #99846
Deepsea14
RE: Left hand low
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Sunday August 29, 2021 8:35 AM
QUOTED  Benefits and detriments in your experience??

I tired it a few years back for the reason you stated
QUOTED  eliminates the left wrist breakdown

Then I bought a Ping Zing left handed putter and put the same over-sized grip on it as the 'ole Ping Anser2. Used that for a bit as well.
It may have been during the long shafted anchor putting days on the PGA tour. I can't recall exactly why I tried these other methods styles.
It was more than just on the practice green as I played many rounds. As well as an alignment line on my marker (poker chip) and the ball to match my intended line...

Today using the same tool and style right hand traditional I have since mid 80's setup ball with no marks showing and make my share. Have my older putters in the stable as well as a few other collectible classics including the Zing that I take to the practice green from time to time.

What are you trying to accomplish going LHL? A change in style would logically require some practice. There you can try both styles back to back and compare the results.
 Message #99848 - This was a reply to message #99846
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Sunday August 29, 2021 12:19 PM
QUOTED  What are you trying to accomplish going LHL?

Improvement in any area I can. I kind of like the action of the stroke better--a bit more snappy with the LHL--almost like a sling shot. I'll try it a for a while and see if I can get comfortable with it. A pal says his drawback with it is long laggers where he may switch back for those.
 Message #99851 - This was a reply to message #99848
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Sunday August 29, 2021 3:26 PM
Disregard my earlier drivel.

Putt more like Patrick Cantlay.

You'll be better than most...

Patty Ice!!! That's a nice

[[Edited by Deepsea14 on Sunday August 29, 2021 4:28 PM]]
 Message #99852 - This was a reply to message #99851
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Sunday August 29, 2021 3:49 PM
QUOTED  Improvement in any area I can.

Maybe a grip alteration could produce the results you are looking for? May be less radical than playing cross handed?

My right hand was too dominant with a more traditional putting grip. Would lead to me pulling/hooking too many putts. By experimentation, I tried interlocking 2 fingers on each hand. Found that my hands worked much more as a unit rather than the right over ruling the left. Allowed me a better chance of getting the putt started on my intended line much more consistently. Definitely improved my putting.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #99854 - This was a reply to message #99851
Deepsea14

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Tuesday August 31, 2021 7:19 AM
QUOTED  Improvement in any area I can. I kind of like the action of the stroke better-

18th hole of first 18 yesterday. Hit good drive and hybrid just short of green on 388 yard all uphill dogleg right.
Pop PW to 6 ft right of pin slightly downhill putt. My partner hits a nice putt to gimme range and says "claw grip"

I think why not? Go left hand low on a putt you just had to get online and it would make the hole. DRAIN O!

LHL; It works...
 Message #99886 - This was a reply to message #99851

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]