YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK iPhone App – Maintenance/Rewrite – Coming Down

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
GK iPhone App – Maintenance/Rewrite – Coming Down

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday September 9, 2021 9:23 AM
GK iPhone App – Maintenance/Rewrite – Coming Down

It has been two years to this date since launching the GreensKeeper iPhone App, September 9th, 2019. Development in 2015 got off to very rocky start with an independent development firm but thanks to GKers Mattias and help from Sixpez with graphics/content management we were eventually able to launch it. It’s a fantastic app but it has some flaws, particularly in the registration process, in addition Apple throughout the development process, and even more so over the last couple years since launching, constantly increased requirements for new versions of the app to be published in their app store. These requirements are not minor adjustments, they involve significant coding, testing and costs. Unfortunately as we all know COVID-19 struck in March 2020. For me, it resulted in tremendous lost revenue I am still dealing with. Now the app is so far behind that any new version introduced would require a rewrite. Meanwhile I’ve still been content managing the app daily and paying monthly hosting costs. The GreensKeeper iPhone App has now ran its course so regretfully it needs to come down.

I want to truly thank everyone that used the app and in particular Alex326 who posted so much fantastic content. Means a lot. And of course a huge thanks to Mattias and Sixpez. Content published on the app will not be lost.

A GreensKeeper iPhone App and an Android App will be developed in the future. In the meantime I’ve decided once I can get back on my feet again, you know me, I never give up, I’m going to first invest resources into upgrading our website here, then cross the app development bridge again.

Thank you for your understanding.

Johnny
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #100034
noeldaof
RE: GK iPhone App – Maintenance/Rewrite – Coming Down
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday September 9, 2021 9:40 AM
Johnny and Team GK,

Thanks for creating the GK iPhone app. It was fun to use while it lasted- loved the ease of the picture upload. Yup, I've enjoyed viewing the photos from Alex, too.

One of the questions I had that I never asked was: If I wrote a review in the app, shouldn't it go automatically to the website? But hopefully, in the future, the reviews in either the app or here would synchronize or outo-populate each other?

Look forward to the future app.
JVGA
 Message #100035 - This was a reply to message #100034
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday September 9, 2021 12:01 PM
I am truly saddened by this news. I thoroughly enjoyed using the GK app and posting pictures and updates on in it. I routinely checked it to see what others (Mpisarski in particular) were up to and who had the BC!!

I know how hard you and the team worked to launch the app. I’m pulling for the re-launch soon but fully realize that their are other priorities for GK.
 Message #100042 - This was a reply to message #100035
wangster
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Don't Know Yet

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday September 22, 2021 5:21 PM
That explains why I was logged out and app kept saying my login credentials were incorrect. I tried resetting my password and I got the confirmation that my password has been reset but still couldn't login.

Just my two cents... rather than using resources to develop an app, how about allocating those resources to redesigning the main site so if a mobile device is connecting to it, it automatically redirects to a mobile-friendly version of it?
 Message #100135 - This was a reply to message #100042
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Thursday September 23, 2021 7:18 AM
QUOTED  rather than using resources to develop an app, how about allocating those resources to redesigning the main site so if a mobile device is connecting to it, it automatically redirects to a mobile-friendly version of it?

That is the plan for step one. Thanks for your two cents.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #100136 - This was a reply to message #100135

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]