YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: POST – Shots of the Month! - October 2021

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
POST – Shots of the Month! - October 2021

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 1, 2021 9:28 AM
If you’ve hit some great shots this month, post them here!

Mention the golf course and hole # please.

Looking forward reading about them!

* October 2021

Hoping for some amazing shots in the GK Cup Final on October 17th!

Thanks!
Johnny
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #100213
Itslikeimsayin
RE: POST – Shots of the Month! - October 2021
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Wednesday October 20, 2021 7:03 PM
QUOTED  Hoping for some amazing shots in the GK Cup Final on October 17th!

There were... Just not from you or me! Gotta mention lotrgolfer48 hitting the pin from about 215 with his second shot on the par-5 10th. (Not to mention dconnally draining putts like a madman.)
 Message #100417 - This was a reply to message #100213
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Wednesday October 20, 2021 7:43 PM
QUOTED  Gotta mention lotrgolfer48 hitting the pin from about 215 with his second shot on the par-5 10th.

Must have been something in the water at the turn Sunday @ Oak Quarry. Because in the group playing in front of you, AndrewZ28 stuck it tight and made his eagle putt on #10... Larry was a witness. Steve and I only heard about it since we were playing from 9 fairway and could not see the green...
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #100421 - This was a reply to message #100417
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Wednesday October 20, 2021 8:08 PM
I had some nice GIR's at Tukwet Legends on 10/9, some birdie looks, but all ended up as pars...mostly textbook. But, like Mark, I'll mention the other shots in our group:
Nephew in law, Vic, ends up 10 yards short of green on the par 3 #12. I miss the green as well, but flop to within 2 feet of the pin, and Vic says, "don't mark it Chuck, just putt it in for par and get outta my way". I walk off the green with my par...and Vic proceeds to pitch a beauty that holes out for a birdie. His birdie wins our group birdie chain, which I have to hand over to him.
My brother-in-law, Jimmy, hits a real nice shot to within 7 feet of the pin on the par 3 hole #17. This is a CTP hole in our 28 member skins/CTP/LD event that day. We are the last group and Jimmy takes CTP for this hole. He drains his birdie putt to take the BChain from Vic. It turns out he ends up with the only birdie on that hole and the 6th skin for the day. I don't recall how much his CTP and skin nett'd him, due to a touch much of Crown.
Cheers,
 Message #100422 - This was a reply to message #100213
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Saturday October 23, 2021 11:12 AM
Hole 13 @ Bernardo Heights. Potentially reachable par 5. Good drive in the fairway left me squarely in 5W range to the green. OB and street left. Hit a poor pull hook 5W that looked like it could be heading toward the street. Had hit a pretty good provisional shot just over the back fringe and was about to call the first ball lost and the provisional in play when I spotted a yellow ball way beyond where we had been looking. Went and looked, and sure enough there was my mark on the TaylorMade. Must have hit and rolled on the cart path to get to that position about 75 yards farther, long and left of the green.

First reaction was this is absolute jail. I wish I would NOT have found this ball and had just played the provisional being just over the green in 4. Original ball had rolled under a bush with overhanging branches on the hardpan. No shot RH possible, maybe a LH shot? Problem was it would only be a punch out and there were other small bushes that could potentially gobble up a ball between me and the green. Very real chance I could be in worse shape in 3 that I currently was in 2 if that happened. No real place to legally take an unplayable lie, since the other side of the bush would be sidewalk and OB. So pretty much had to do some kind of punch out.

LH, backwards putter shot. Had little choice on the line because of the bush restricting my swing. Trying to slightly get under the ball to get it airborne to clear the bushes in front of me. Took about a 1/2 hard swing LH with the putter. Made good contact, got it high enough to get over the bushes about 10 yards in front of me, with enough pace to bounce and roll through the rough, across the green to the far fringe. If you gave me a large bucket of balls I would have been hard pressed to hit a better shot. Allowed me to halve the hole with John in our match.

If I had a stance and swing with any club in my bag RH from where I was, I would have been happy with that result with the obstacles in front of me.

Also shout out to Ron Martin for a hole out from well off the green on #10 @ Bernardo Heights same round. Unfortunately I only saw the last few feet of the ball going in the hole from my vantage point on woods chips behind mounds left near #18 tee. If you didn't hit a poorly pulled approach shot, you would be in better position to see others amazing shots is probably the moral to that story.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #100488 - This was a reply to message #100422
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Saturday October 23, 2021 3:20 PM
QUOTED  Also shout out to Ron Martin for a hole out from well off the green on #10 @ Bernardo Heights same round. Unfortunately I only saw the last few feet of the ball going in the hole from my vantage point on woods chips behind mounds left near #18 tee. If you didn't hit a poorly pulled approach shot, you would be in better position to see others amazing shots is probably the moral to that story.

At least you saw it! - I was too busy getting a Cliff Bar out of my golf bag! However I certainly did not forget the Fireball shot that followed - LOL
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #100489 - This was a reply to message #100488
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Saturday October 23, 2021 3:23 PM
QUOTED  LH, backwards putter shot. Had little choice on the line because of the bush restricting my swing. Trying to slightly get under the ball to get it airborne to clear the bushes in front of me. Took about a 1/2 hard swing LH with the putter. Made good contact, got it high enough to get over the bushes about 10 yards in front of me, with enough pace to bounce and roll through the rough, across the green to the far fringe. If you gave me a large bucket of balls I would have been hard pressed to hit a better shot. Allowed me to halve the hole with John in our match.

But that was the second time you attempted that shot of the round. Second time you got out of trouble with it as well. You looked pretty comfortable attempting it. I was impressed.
 Message #100490 - This was a reply to message #100488
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday October 25, 2021 5:29 PM
QUOTED  However I certainly did not forget the Fireball shot that followed - LOL

Was At BevMo this afternoon Fireball Quicks on sale for .99cents regular $2.99!
Stock up 'tis the season.
In Massachusetts we called these small plastic bottles "nips". Glass back then.

Either way they do the trick. Vodka season is over...

My shot of October was the complete hole # 7 at The Ridge.
Decent drive uphill 5 wood from a bit over 200 to the left side short.
Partner was just below me but drove cart around and was walking down.
I waited for him to get in position to observe but hit out of turn.
A delicate 52 degree wedge, one bounce to left rolled left to the center cup and IN for 3!
He proceeded to hit a couple 7 irons that rolled back to his feet and an wedge then got it to stay on.
4 shot swing on that hole.

On the 8th my drive went long right OB.

Happy Halloween.
 Message #100546 - This was a reply to message #100489
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Tuesday October 26, 2021 6:52 AM
Playing at Ojai Valley on Sat on Hole 9 I hit my tee shot about 6 yards from a wedding reception. I had about 220 to the green but was blocked by a tree for a straight shot to the hole. I had been working on shaping shots lately with a 50% success rate. With a group of 30 or so people watching I attempted to hit a cut around the tree and tried to reach the green. I hit a perfect shot with a few of the drunk wedding patrons yelling get in the hole!!!!!! The ball was a perfect shape one bounce just in front of the green then the ball bashed off the flag stick to leave 20 foot multi tier putt for eagle. The patrons all cheered my shot and I felt like a professional for a second. They then boo'd me from 220 yards away when I missed my putt!
 Message #100551 - This was a reply to message #100213
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Tuesday October 26, 2021 7:49 AM
QUOTED  Playing at Ojai Valley on Sat on Hole 9 I hit my tee shot about 6 yards from a wedding reception. I had about 220 to the green but was blocked by a tree for a straight shot to the hole. I had been working on shaping shots lately with a 50% success rate. With a group of 30 or so people watching I attempted to hit a cut around the tree and tried to reach the green. I hit a perfect shot with a few of the drunk wedding patrons yelling get in the hole!!!!!! The ball was a perfect shape one bounce just in front of the green then the ball bashed off the flag stick to leave 20 foot multi tier putt for eagle. The patrons all cheered my shot and I felt like a professional for a second. They then boo'd me from 220 yards away when I missed my putt!

Hilarious Matt! Assume you at least made 4 or did the gallery cease to care after the Eagle attempt?
 Message #100552 - This was a reply to message #100551

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]