YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: POST – Shots of the Month! - August 2021

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
POST – Shots of the Month! - August 2021

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday August 29, 2021 9:29 AM
If you’ve hit some great shots this month, post them here!

Mention the golf course and hole # please.

Looking forward reading about them!

Got a pic? Cool! - post it too.

Thanks!
Johnny
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #99849
mpisarski01
RE: POST – Shots of the Month! - August 2021
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circling Raven

Sunday August 29, 2021 9:43 AM
Hole 16 at Pechanga- Found tree trouble green side. I pulled a 6 iron to bump and run onto the green right of the hole and tried to use the slope to feed it towards the cup. Ended up hitting it perfect just staying below the branches and dropping it for birdie.
 Message #99850 - This was a reply to message #99849
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Sunday August 29, 2021 3:38 PM
I'll go with Angel Park Palm, #11, a short dogleg left 450 yard par 5 but completely uphill after the tee shot. Pull hook tee shot, but covered the trees separating 10 and 11, and landed on the downhill of the 10th fairway, leaving about 170 to the hole with dried out pre-reseed conditions. Hit the 6 iron and said, "that'll be good," since the green was hidden by trees. Ball stopped about 12 feet pin high, and 2 putt birdie.
 Message #99853 - This was a reply to message #99850
RDDenn

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

Tuesday August 31, 2021 8:24 AM
At Lakewood on Sunday, par 3 #17 playing 205 yards from the blue tees. It has been a nemesis hole for me the last couple of years, at the end of the round, some breeze in my face and mentally it does not set up well for me. The flag was in the front middle. I hit a 3i, mid-height boring shot right at the flag. I yelled "be it" when it was half way there. It hit three feet to the right of the flag and ended up 5' above the hole. Really satisfying after some poor recent history (including a half shank off the junction box in a tournament on 8/1 which ended up on the 18th tee and the group ahead insisted I hit before they would walk off). And yes, I made the putt!
 Message #99889 - This was a reply to message #99849
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Wednesday September 1, 2021 6:27 PM
People would have been laughing their ass off yesterday if I told them ahead of time what I was going to try and accomplish.

Avondale #4, shorter par 4. I hit my "yesterday normal" ugly hook left in the trees off the tee. Recovery shot, nothing possible high or left. HAVE to go low right with a severe left turn or just punch out sideways right with numerous big trees between me and the green. No shot at the green unless I can hook a low punch about 40 yards under tree limbs. With OB right, not a shot I would normally even try.

Except that starting about 15 yards short right of the green and continuing for probably 60 yards, there is roughly a 3 story tall warehouse like commercial building bordering the golf course right at the OB line with hardly any room between the OB line and the building. No windows with cement like siding could be a backstop/deflector shield? Actually drove over to the OB line from 130 yards away and verified that there was almost no room from the OB line to the commercial building, so if I hit the building, excellent chance the ball ends up in bounds unless I barely roll the ball into the maybe 3 yard wide OB area.

I hit a really nice 5I punch about 130 yards in the air with about 20 yards of hook where I needed twice that amount of hook to actually go at the green... played it off the building and ended up between the cart path and the green pin high. If you saw where I was in 1 with the trees in front of me, you would take that result about 99/100 times. Nice LW chip to about 10', missed the par putt. Another bogey.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #99921 - This was a reply to message #99889

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]