Which course to play
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Me
Favorite Golf Course:
    Orange County National

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday June 8, 2022 3:31 PM
Hi guys! Which one is the better play currently…Soule Park or Moorpark CC?

[[Edited by GolfJules on Thursday June 9, 2022 2:27 AM]]
 Message #102248
JohnnyGK
RE: Which course to lay

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday June 8, 2022 3:40 PM
You mean Play right? - Kidding

Tough choice. Depends where you staying. Soule Park is less on the green fee but if you got a long drive the price of gas will balence the total costs of the day. I love both tracks. Personally Canyon Crest/Creekside combo at Moorpark CC is better than Soule Park but any combo at Moorpark CC that includes the Ridgeline nine is not as good as the 18 holes at Soule Park.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #102249 - This was a reply to message #102248
GolfJules

Favorite Golfer:
    Me
Favorite Golf Course:
    Orange County National

Thursday June 9, 2022 2:29 AM
Ooops…lol! Yes looking for the best track to play in LA. I’m open to anything but Soule was highly recommended.
 Message #102254 - This was a reply to message #102249
mdames
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Thursday June 9, 2022 9:35 AM
I have played both courses many times. You can't go wrong with either. If you're looking for a mountain type course with a fair amount of elevation changes, then I recommend you play Moorpark. If you prefer a flatter course with a small amount of elevation changes, then play Soule Park. Personally, I prefer Soule Park. It is a beautiful course flanked on either side by a mountain range. The conditions are very good, and it has a lot of variety. When I lived in the San Fernando Valley, it was an hour and 20 minute drive for me. If it was closer, I would have gone much more often.
 Message #102256 - This was a reply to message #102254
mlslaw
RE: Which course to play

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Thursday June 9, 2022 11:03 AM
Assuming this is relevant to you, SP is very walkable and MPCC is NOT (carts mandatory I think). In terms of crowds, maybe a push. Love the SP scenery--buccolic. SP no. 17 is kind of a throw away hole whereas MPCC has 0. And, a friend recently said: "If I'm going all the way to Ojai, I'm gonna play the Ojai Valley Inn resort course over SP any day." OVI is pricey, for sure, but there are deals to be had.
 Message #102257 - This was a reply to message #102248
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Thursday June 9, 2022 11:39 AM
If you have 3 days of golf in the area in our area I would recommend these:

Day 1: Morning Rustic Canyon
Afternoon Moorpark CC. They are 5 minutes from each other. Try a weekday and do them in that order for better pace of play. Rustic is my home course and made the top 100 in recent golf magazines..just an awesome experience

Day 2: Morning Soule Park
Afternoon Olivas Links....some of the best conditions you will see for Public golf...play them in that order this time of year to avoid the heat both rounds. They are about 25 minutes from each other

Day 3: Morning round La Purisma
Afternoon round Sandpiper.....about 45 minutes from each other..play em in that order to get the sun setting over the Pacific at Sandpiper in Santa Barbara and it will be less on the wallet in the afternoon. La Purisma is my favorite track that just hosted US open qualifying . Love these 2 courses

Have fun
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #102259 - This was a reply to message #102257
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack Freddie Tiger Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Thursday June 9, 2022 10:16 PM
Considering Moorpark is about double the price of Soule? Easy call for Soule in my book since they both are very fun tracks to play in nice condition.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #102266 - This was a reply to message #102259
Hugjosh

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday June 10, 2022 3:06 AM
Many of my acquaintances studied in Moorpark and recommended me, but my friend says that it is too expensive. When I started playing games, I always relied on verified information there, so I do not want to go wrong, I'm just a beginner and can be disappointed. is Soule Park really a good option?
 Message #102268 - This was a reply to message #102248
GolfJules

Favorite Golfer:
    Me
Favorite Golf Course:
    Orange County National

Friday June 10, 2022 3:31 AM
Thank you so much for all the great info! Probably will only play 18 in the LA area bc only there a few days. First stop is Wolf Creek in Mesquite. Also playing Firecliff in Palm Springs.
 Message #102269 - This was a reply to message #102259
GolfJules

Favorite Golfer:
    Me
Favorite Golf Course:
    Orange County National

Friday June 10, 2022 4:39 PM
So should I play Ojai valley in the am and make my way back to the valley and play MP in the afternoon? I want to play the best tracks as it’s been a looonnnnnggg time since I’ve played outside of Florida. I’m not concerned with the prices tbh. Golf has gotten so expensive here that $100+ for an outstanding course seems normal. I’m on vacation so I’m willing to splurge a little.
 Message #102276 - This was a reply to message #102257

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]