YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Post COVID-19 The State of Golf

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1
ringworld
Post COVID-19 The State of Golf

Community Director

GK Event: Played in a GK Event ringworld-blog: golfing guru ringworld blog GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Rory Mcilroy he's peachy
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spanish Bay Pebble Beach

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday July 3, 2020 3:23 AM
Here in California, we have an interesting situation here.

Before Covid-19 shutdown, tee times were spaced typically 6-10 minutes, mostly closer to 6 minutes or around 10 groups per hour.

After Covid-19, tee times are currently spaced around 10 minutes, typically around 12 minutes or around 5 groups per hour.

Have you noticed the pace of play? Or am I dreaming? We can actually finish a round in approximately 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Throw in the longer daylight hours and it's a perfect storm for your typical golfer to finish around even if you start around 4PM.

I know this won't continue but what do you think the golf courses should do once they relax the restrictions? Would it be prudent for them to keep to the longer times between groups OR back to the PACK THEM IN MENTALITY of before? Thoughts?
Work Hard. Play Golf! www.ace-cases.com
Oh yeah, I blog too: www.golfing-guru.com

Know before you go.... golfing with Greenskeeper.org!
 Message #95581
RDDenn
RE: Post COVID-19 The State of Golf

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

Friday July 3, 2020 5:35 PM
I made the same comment today on the 10th tee at Los Verdes. We played the front in 1:50, starting at 6:40 am, which is over an hour after daylight. It was closer to 4-4.5 hours usually before the covid pandemic. We finished in 3:55. They are not doing fivesomes and the spacing seems to have made a big difference.

If it were up to me, keeping either of those measures, limiting group times or spacing, would help. I am sensitive to golf courses staying economically viable, so I do not expect the present status quo to survive.
 Message #95588 - This was a reply to message #95581
kassper7
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    It varies
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry

Friday July 3, 2020 5:49 PM
This question seems rhetorical.
 Message #95589 - This was a reply to message #95588
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Friday July 3, 2020 6:18 PM
Five hour round today at Rancho Vista in Palmdale. I'm pretty sure they are 10 minute tee times.

Lots of newer golfers out here. People have time on their hands and money to golf.

We had a 12:00 tee time and the first two holes were so slow, I knew we were in for a long day. I'm sure having a later tee time was part of the problem.

It wasn't terrible; I could slow down every aspect of my game and it might actually help me. As it was, I hit 8/14 fairways and made two birdies. No pressure golf, lots of beers to drink and it turned out okay.

Yeah, I would like to see that the courses stay with 10 minute tee times after all this C19 hysteria dies out. The way things are now, anything is possible.

[[Edited by kviser on Friday July 3, 2020 6:47 PM]]
 Message #95590 - This was a reply to message #95581

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]