msherer260
Arccos sensors

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday May 15, 2021 5:31 AM
after 9 weeks got my new Ping 425 irons, they came with Arccos grips with sensors in them, had to email Arccos and ask what the deal was with them as Ping sends you NOT A WORD of what to do with them...So it ends up Pings gets the grips to sponsor Arccos program which after a short free trail you get to pay a monthly/yearly fee to use......anyone using this program Good or Bad? As a very sparse user of my cell phone I am thinking it will be more work then it is worth??? any thoughts ...
 Message #98920
chevelle
RE: Arccos sensors

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday May 15, 2021 5:47 AM
I also do not use my phone for anything but calls and texting, yes I am old lol. IMHO I won't buy any launch monitor or anything else that works through the phone, there are other options. I recently bought a PRGR launch monitor and am very satisfied with it and it was a 1 time cost of $199. I also won't buy or use something that requires a yearly subscription, there are other ways to keep track. Yes everyone can laugh at me, I am older and don't like all this phone stuff, LOL
 Message #98921 - This was a reply to message #98920
zachary

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Paul Goydos
Favorite Golf Course:
    Industry Hills

Saturday May 15, 2021 1:45 PM
I got these sent to me because I bought the driver and you need to have these in every club for them to work. I tried the ones out and immediately cancelled the recurring subscription. They add an inch to the end of your club and then you have to have your phone in your front pocket the entire round and you cant hook your bluetooth to anything but the arccos. I already know how far my irons go and I dont need something telling me I am hitting it poorly.
 Message #98922 - This was a reply to message #98921
dangerousbri
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Saturday May 15, 2021 4:35 PM
I enjoy them. On mine I think the yearly fee is for the caddie which tells you which club to hit. I don't use that option. I use to keep score and check distance. I wouldn't pay a monthly fee to use or more than $10 a year unless I played 3-4 times a week. I also feel naked without my phone in my pocket.
 Message #98923 - This was a reply to message #98920
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Sunday May 16, 2021 6:45 PM
Used Arccos for several years, over 300 rounds total. It takes time to learn their system. It will slow you down at first. To get meaningful stats, you need to constantly check your phone to make sure it actually picked up every shot. If the system missed a shot, that distance will be included in your next shot. So a 240 yard drive and a 140 yard approach shot could get recorded as a 380 yard drive or 380 approach shot if Arccos missed one or the other as soon as the 3rd shot is recorded 380 yards from the tee. Usually a challenge on courses with gaps in cell service. Also, because the clubs have sensors in the end, you cannot be moving them in unusual fashions (throwing them). Otherwise, the sensors will be damaged and/or they will be picking up "phantom" shots.

Things that can radically change your Arccos experience based on your type phone & cell service: Sometimes hard to see your phone's screen in the sun on the course. You need a newer phone with a solid battery to easily make it through 18 holes. My older I-Phone was dead frequently by the 18th even when starting with a 100% charge. Newer I-Phone no issue because the battery is much stronger, still usually have 50% left and have played 36 w/o recharging. It depends on how good the cell reception is at each course on how well Arccos picks up your shots. Had many rounds where Arccos was 100%, some rounds where I was having to manually input shots on many holes.

Good things about Arccos: GPS measurements every hole with a hole layout that is representative of a very good GPS system you would encounter on upgraded carts. Basically a "Shark Experience" w/o the verbal commentary. Because once you get a significant amount of rounds in Arccos, there is no doubt how far you hit each club. When that occurs, Arccos has an Artificial Intelligence caddie feature. Based on YOUR stats, it will suggest 2-3 different ways to play each hole beforehand. And project your estimated score with each option. Could be something like D/8I on a par 4 projects to "X" average score. 3W/6I projects to "Y" average score. 4I/4I projects to "Z" average score. I usually set mine to tournament mode where some features were disabled. But if you want, it will tell you the wind speed and direction, how long the shot is expected to actually play in addition to the real distance etc. All the things you can get on some range finders and GPS systems are present and then some. It shows every shot, and their "smart range" is quite representative because it basically throws out your kills and duffs and shows more your "average" shots with each club. You will see exactly how many you miss long, how many left, how many right and how many short... with every club.

Bad things about Arccos: You need to move the pin on every hole to get accurate stats for both approaches and putts. This is because Arccos has no idea where the pin is actually set each day. Got to where it only took me a few seconds. You will need to pace off putts to get accurate putting stats, because while the difference in GPS being off a yard on a 200 yard shot is inconsequential, it being off a yard on a putt can be huge. A 4' putt could be recorded as a 1' putt or the opposite. The sensors built into the grips will require a subscription after the trial period. These are better sensors that miss fewer shots. The earlier generation ones you screw into the grips do not require a subscription but are not as good as the later generation sensors. And even though I do not care to use their A.I. "caddie" feature, it is included in the subscription service and you cannot get around the subscription service on the better sensors even if you do NOT want their caddie feature. The A.I. caddie thinks alot more of my 3W than I do. Many holes it suggested 3W as my best option when 3W actually potentially brought more trouble into play. And the caddie is constantly reevaluating your options, which drains battery.

When the guy fitting me for a new Driver @ the PGA Super Store last September asked how far my average drive was I told him "258", which he thought was bizaare. Until I explained and showed him 300+ rounds of Arccos stats with well over 1,000 Drives calculated and charted. You should have saw those guys going nuts over me having well over 1,000 on course drives in the Arccos system going back 3+ years. They could see my longest drives, my average drives right down to what % I got in the fairway, missed left, missed right etc. Tough to argue with 300+ rounds of stats where every single drive was tracked. Certainly much better info than what you will get on a simulator, although all I could give him was total distance, not carry + roll. But he could analyze that once I hit a few balls on the simulator.

For MOST players, Arccos is probably going to be more work than they are willing to put in to get close to maximum value out of. But for the select few who are willing to take the time, the stats and numbers it provides are great. I think every golfer would benefit from this and no matter how well you THINK you know your golf game, you will learn many things from all the numbers/stats that Arccos provides. What you are actually doing. Not what you think you are doing. Or occasionally doing. Or may sometimes choose to look the other way and forget. Because Arccos doesn't forget those bad shots unless you manually erase/override them.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98938 - This was a reply to message #98923
msherer260

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday May 18, 2021 6:03 PM
Yes, when I ordered my Ping Irons There was an up charge for any grips but the Arccos ones? So I took them Not happy about it at all, but with the sensors part of the grip the grips are OK, just a waste to have the sensors in them that will never be used.....
 Message #98946 - This was a reply to message #98938

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]